Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Transfer Summary

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Transfer Summary
« on: May 26, 2023, 10:41:40 AM »
Per a few of the folks at rivals who know more than I, it would seem we are probably done with transfers at this cycle (unless something weird happens with a grad xfer).

Another solid writeup below - and if anyone tattles on me to Rivals, you won't get another of these. Don't make me flex my huge e-penis. Seriously, why would you tattle. Yore gettin premium shit for free. Enjoy.

QUARTERBACK

Transfers out (2): Zach Calzada (IW), T.J. Finley (TSU)

Transfers in (1): Payton Thorne (MIST)

Current (2): So. Robby Ashford, RFr. Holden Geriner

Incoming (1): TFr. Hank Brown

The Skinny: Auburn finally got its quarterback in Thorne, who brings 26 career starts, plenty of experience running a RPO offense and a track record of leadership. He’s an excellent fit for what Hugh Freeze and Philip Montgomery need to lead the offense this fall. He reported last week and will have all summer to learn AU’s version of the RPO offense and work with the receiver corps. He’ll compete with Ashford and Geriner for the starting position this fall.

RUNNING BACK

Transfers out (1): Jordon Ingram (TROY)

Transfers in (1): Brian Battie (USF)**

Current (3): Jr. Jarquez Hunter, So. Damari Alston, So. Sean Jackson

Incoming (1): TFr. Jeremiah Cobb

The Skinny: Hunter came out of spring as the clear No. 1 and is poised for a big season. Alston was one of AU’s most improved players this spring and looks to continue an excellent string of running backs. Battie also impressed the spring and should be back in July after undergoing surgery. Jackson had a good spring and Cobb is scheduled to arrive at the end of May.

WIDE RECEIVER

Transfers out (5): J.J. Evans (UNA), Ze’Vian Capers (WKU), Dazalin Worsham (UAB), Tar’Varish Dawson (COLO), Landen King (UTAH)

Transfers in (4): Nick Mardner (CIN)**, Caleb Burton (OHST), Jyaire Shorter (NT), Shane Hooks (JSU)

Current (6): Sr. Ja’Varrius Johnson, Jr. Malcolm Johnson, Jr. Koy Moore, So. Camden Brown, So. Omari Kelly, So. Jay Fair

Incoming (2): TFr. Daquayvious Sorey, TFr. J.C. Hart

The Skinny: Auburn significantly updated the speed and big-play ability on the outside with the additions of Burton, Shorter and Hooks this spring. Shorter averaged an FBS-best 27.2 yards per catch last season and Hooks had 10 touchdown receptions. Ja’Varrius Johnson is a proven playmaker in the slot. Marcus Johnson missed spring with an injury but is expected back this summer and could provide another deep threat. Brown, Moore and Mardner got a lot of work with the first-team this spring while Fair and Kelly showed improvement. Sorey could help out and Hart, who signed as a cornerback, will get an early look at receiver.

TIGHT END

Transfers out (0): None

Transfers in (1): Rivaldo Fairweather (FIU)**

Current (4): Sr. Luke Deal, Sr. Tyler Fromm, Sr. Brandon Frazier, RFr. Micah Riley-Ducker

Incoming (0): None

The Skinny: This is one of AU’s strongest positions. Fairweather lived up to his playmaking billing this spring and will be a top receiving target. Deal and Fromm will be key parts of the offense. With three seniors, the position will be a big priority in the 2024 class.

OFFENSIVE LINE

Transfers out (2): Keiondre Jones (FSU), Colby Smith (TROY)

Transfers in (4): Dillon Wade (TULSA)**, Gunner Britton (WKU)**, Avery Jones (ECU)**, Jaden Muskrat (TULSA)

Current (6): Sr. Jalil Irvin, Sr. Kameron Stutts, Jr. Jeremiah Wright, Jr. Tate Johnson, So. Garner Langlo, RFr. E.J. Harris

Incoming (5): Jr. Izavion Miller**, TFr. Bradyn Joiner**, TFr. Connor Lew**, TFr. Clay Wedin**, TFr. Tyler Johnson

The Skinny: The offensive line was by far AU’s most improved position this fall with the transfers and newcomers playing a big part. Wade and Britton at the tackles and Jones at center all finished spring with the first-team. The competition at guard should be fierce this fall with Stutts, Wright, Johnson, Lew and now Muskrat all in contention. Miller can play right tackle or guard and is improving at a fast pace. Auburn is still recruiting JUCO standout Markel Bell.

DEFENSIVE LINE

Transfers out (3): Marquis Robinson, Jeffrey M’Ba (PUR), Tobechi Okoli (ISU)

Transfers in (3): Mosiah Nasili-Kite (MARY)**, Lawrence Johnson (PUR)**, Justin Rogers (UK)**

Current (4): Sr. Marcus Harris, Jr. Zeke Walker, Jr. Jayson Jones, RFr. Enyce Sledge

Incoming (4): TFr. Wilky Denaud**, TFr. Stephen Johnson**, Quientrail Jamison-Travis, TFr. Darron Reed

The Skinny: The three transfers were crucial with Rogers and Nasili-Kite probable starters or key backups. Johnson will have an important role too. Harris had a strong spring and can start at either tackle or end. Jones showed improvement and more help should be on the way from JUCO All-American signee Jamison-Travis. M’Ba was the only portal loss that projected as a regular contributor this fall.

JACK LINEBACKER

Transfers out (2): Joko Willis (UNK), Dylan Brooks (KAN)

Transfers in (3): Sr. Elijah McAllister (VAN)**, Jalen McLeod (APST), Stephen Sings (LIB)

Current (0): None

Incoming (2): TFr. Keldric Faulk**, TFr. Brenton Williams**

The Skinny: The position will include five newcomers with the latest addition of Sings, who should be a good depth piece. McLeod is a huge addition and should be an impact player this fall. Faulk excelled this spring and is a future star. Williams looks like he can help out and McAllister should be dependable as a starter or key backup.

INSIDE LINEBACKER

Transfers out (3): Desmond Tisdol (FAU), Kameron Brown (CHAT), Powell Gordon

Transfers in (3): DeMario Tolan (LSU)**, Austin Keys (OM)**, Larry Nixon III (NT)

Current (4): Sr. Wesley Steiner, Jr. Cam Riley, Jr. Eugene Asante, RFr. Robert Woodyard

Incoming (0): None

The Skinny: The newest addition, Nixon, projects as a Will and could line up next to Keys, who will play the Mike ‘backer, in AU’s starting lineup. Riley can play either inside position and the addition of Nixon could allow him to also spend more time at Jack. Steiner showed improvement this spring and Woodyard is ready to play after a strong spring and overcoming an injury. Tolan and Asante should have a role on defense.

CORNERBACK AND NICKEL

Transfers out (1): A.D. Diamond (UAB)

Transfers in (0): None

Current (6): Sr. Nehemiah Pritchett, Sr. D.J. James, Jr. Keionte Scott, Jr. Donovan Kaufman, So. J.D. Rhym, So. Caleb Wooden

Incoming (3): TFr. Kayin Lee**, TFr. Colton Hood, TFr. Tyler Scott

The Skinny: Pritchett and James, the projected starters, bring a lot of talent and experience. Rhym missed spring with an injury but is expected back this summer. Lee was a standout and looks like a future star. The two freshman coming in will have a chance to play early. At nickel, Scott is a standout with Kaufman and Wooden providing plenty of support. There are a lot of interchangeable parts in AU’s secondary including Kaufman and Wooden, who can play safety.

SAFETY

Transfers out (1): Craig McDonald (MIN)

Transfers in (0): None

Current (5): Sr. Zion Puckett, Sr. Jaylin Simpson, Jr. Marquise Gilbert, So. Cayden Bridges, RFr. Austin Ausberry

Incoming (3): TFr. Terrance Love, TFr. Sylvester Smith, TFr. C.J. Johnson

The Skinny: Puckett and Simpson are the projected starters and compliment each other well. Gilbert stepped up this spring and should be a key backup. Bridges has starting experience while Ausberry could play nickel or safety. Incoming signees Love and/or Johnson could project as a future linebackers if they keep growing.

** — enrolled

TOTALS

Transfers out: 20

Transfers in: 20

Current: 63 (includes enrolled + two kickers)

Incoming: 20 (high school signees + spring transfers)

Estimated scholarship players: 83
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
WDE

Re: Transfer Summary
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2023, 10:55:24 AM »
Per a few of the folks at rivals who know more than I, it would seem we are probably done with transfers at this cycle (unless something weird happens with a grad xfer).

Another solid writeup below - and if anyone tattles on me to Rivals, you won't get another of these. Don't make me flex my huge e-penis. Seriously, why would you tattle. Yore gettin premium shit for free. Enjoy.

I'll keep your secret if you can tell me what color JG Tate's hair is this week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2023, 12:21:58 PM »
I'll keep your secret if you can tell me what color JG Tate's hair is this week.

Pubic?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2023, 02:09:13 PM »

Ive always thought that dude was a weird cat....even looks like a tranny sometimes, but oddly enough he's been married for like 25 years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2023, 02:15:18 PM »
Ive always thought that dude was a weird cat....even looks like a tranny sometimes, but oddly enough he's been married for like 25 years.

That doesn't mean he still won't suck the cock.  Just ask WT.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2023, 02:36:40 PM »
That doesn't mean he still won't suck the cock.  Just ask WT.

WT only sucks his own, like a real man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2023, 02:41:36 PM »

I just picture him as someone that thinks Biden is a good President.  Whether that is true or not in his opinion, I don't know. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2023, 03:13:22 PM »
I just picture him as someone that thinks Biden is a good President.  Whether that is true or not in his opinion, I don't know.

Decent guy, good writer, kind of snarky but always struck me as the type that tries too hard to be a big tough guy when in fact he's the ultimate urban, beta male, non athletic putz. He also tries way too hard to convince the audience how much he loves red meat and bourbon. Im like dude, you aint Ron Burgundy or Ron Swanson. You're a dork from Louisville that looks pasty white and ghey. That said, I don't hate the dude. He's just.....weird.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2023, 03:32:28 PM »
Decent guy, good writer, kind of snarky but always struck me as the type that tries too hard to be a big tough guy when in fact he's the ultimate urban, beta male, non athletic putz. He also tries way too hard to convince the audience how much he loves red meat and bourbon. Im like dude, you aint Ron Burgundy or Ron Swanson. You're a dork from Louisville that looks pasty white and ghey. That said, I don't hate the dude. He's just.....weird.
What does this even mean? Snags is from Montgomery.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
GH2001,
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2023, 01:26:26 PM »

Pretty good little video giving us an idea of who will be leading our offense this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions