Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Useless Random Off Season Stat

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Useless Random Off Season Stat
« on: May 23, 2023, 12:10:10 PM »
Notre Dame has always been over-hyped.  Very similar to Miami.  Win a few games, and they're "back".  It's like the media desperately wants those programs to be relevant.  Saw this useless stat today, that says otherwise.  Since 1994, Notre Dame is:

8-11 vs. Michigan

9-11 vs. Michigan State

0-5 vs. tOhio State

They're 0-2 in the College Football playoffs.  18-21 all time in Bowl Games, and their last MNC came in 1988.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
oldautiger,
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Useless Random Off Season Stat
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2023, 12:50:46 PM »
Notre Dame has always been over-hyped.  Very similar to Miami.  Win a few games, and they're "back".  It's like the media desperately wants those programs to be relevant.  Saw this useless stat today, that says otherwise.  Since 1994, Notre Dame is:

8-11 vs. Michigan

9-11 vs. Michigan State

0-5 vs. tOhio State

They're 0-2 in the College Football playoffs.  18-21 all time in Bowl Games, and their last MNC came in 1988.

Miami has a resume in the modern era, like it or not. Did they cheat, lie and steal? You know it.

I think the other appropriate school to bundle with Noter Dayme may be Tejas since Earl Campbell left. Although not as bad as ND. The resurgence of Okl in the 80s (Switzerland) and from 99 on (Stoops) had a little to do with that. But let them have a 3 game win streak, and you'd think Earl was back in the huddle with Vince and Ricky.

Weird to me that in 16 years on campus, Mack only toted home 2 Big 12 titles. You can go back 40 years (for modern era sake) to the end of Akers tenure in Austin after the 83 season - they have about 300 wins and 170 losses as a program which doesn't sound terrible on the surface but being that big of a school, in that state, with that money, that talent,  in that shit conference, the generational talents of Vince Young and Ricky Williams (and to a lesser degree McCoy) - and you have a handful of conf titles and 1 natty?

In the same time frame, Auburn has about 15-20 more wins, 7 conf titles, an outright natty, and a few more that "shouldas". Basically, they are par with each other in the modern era - Auburn may be a bit better by the numbers but hey....TEXAS IS BACK!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2023, 02:11:38 PM »
Miami has a resume in the modern era, like it or not. Did they cheat, lie and steal? You know it.

I think the other appropriate school to bundle with Noter Dayme may be Tejas since Earl Campbell left. Although not as bad as ND. The resurgence of Okl in the 80s (Switzerland) and from 99 on (Stoops) had a little to do with that. But let them have a 3 game win streak, and you'd think Earl was back in the huddle with Vince and Ricky.

Weird to me that in 16 years on campus, Mack only toted home 2 Big 12 titles. You can go back 40 years (for modern era sake) to the end of Akers tenure in Austin after the 83 season - they have about 300 wins and 170 losses as a program which doesn't sound terrible on the surface but being that big of a school, in that state, with that money, that talent,  in that shit conference, the generational talents of Vince Young and Ricky Williams (and to a lesser degree McCoy) - and you have a handful of conf titles and 1 natty?

In the same time frame, Auburn has about 15-20 more wins, 7 conf titles, an outright natty, and a few more that "shouldas". Basically, they are par with each other in the modern era - Auburn may be a bit better by the numbers but hey....TEXAS IS BACK!

Yeah, Texas is a huge head scratcher.  With the resources you named above, they've probably done less with more, than any other team in CFB.  If they beat Bama in week 2, the hype machine will go high octane.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2023, 09:02:35 AM »
Yeah, Texas is a huge head scratcher.  With the resources you named above, they've probably done less with more, than any other team in CFB.  If they beat Bama in week 2, the hype machine will go high octane.

Imagine being Texas A&M. Same (if not arguably more) resources and absolutely NOTHING of note to show except widely known as the kings of cult. People talk about Auburn being a cult. If Auburn is the snake handling congregation, Texas A&M are Branch Davidians.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2023, 11:42:37 AM »
Imagine being Texas A&M. Same (if not arguably more) resources and absolutely NOTHING of note to show except widely known as the kings of cult. People talk about Auburn being a cult. If Auburn is the snake handling congregation, Texas A&M are Branch Davidians.

Midnight Yells, and male yell leaders. Yikes.

Check out the Friday night pep rally they had last year before the Appy State game where they talked some awful trash about that team. It's stuff of comedy gold.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2023, 12:46:02 PM »
Midnight Yells, and male yell leaders. Yikes.

Check out the Friday night pep rally they had last year before the Appy State game where they talked some awful trash about that team. It's stuff of comedy gold.

I wish I could get one of those patched in to the radio things like you get at NASCAR just between Jimbo and Petrino's headsets this year. Would definitely be Rated E and not for everyone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2023, 02:29:21 PM »
I wish I could get one of those patched in to the radio things like you get at NASCAR just between Jimbo and Petrino's headsets this year. Would definitely be Rated E and not for everyone.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE