Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

RB1: Cinematographer?

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: RB1: Cinematographer?
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2023, 05:32:26 PM »
If Hugh did rape all three, that will be more than a one game suspension, imo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2023, 11:56:22 AM »
TTFWIW the word on the skeets is this more serious than previously reported. Ryan Brown (formerly of JOX) said in an interview Thursday that the school issuing statements was a signal to him that something was up. He did some checking and all he could say was there was a lot more coming and some of it encircles CHF.

:facepalm:

Not disputing that in any way.  Just trying to understand in what scenario U Free would be involved.  I know that's a soft toss for many witty replies, so fire away.  But, I have to believe he's on a VERY short leash, and any hint of impropriety would be disastrous. 

I'd lose all faith in mankind, and quit watching football altogether.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2023, 12:10:50 PM »
Not disputing that in any way.  Just trying to understand in what scenario U Free would be involved.  I know that's a soft toss for many witty replies, so fire away.  But, I have to believe he's on a VERY short leash, and any hint of impropriety would be disastrous. 

I think I'd be in the same boat.  I have been excited, knowing this is a man on a mission with no room for moral error.  Hoping there is no involvement and this was bad info.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

chinook

« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2023, 01:27:17 PM »

should have listened to kaos.  i didn't. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2023, 02:19:01 PM »
RB wasn't saying CHF was there or anything. More along the lines of the aforementioned short leash and such. Again, could just be him talking out of his crack, too, but was a take I hadn't heard else.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2023, 08:17:55 AM »
was a take I hadn't heard else.

There’s a reason. No reputable person is gonna touch this with rumors about the current coach being involved until something is verified. If the school or anyone close to it thought that was the case, you’d already see white smoke around the coach’s office.

Most of the photos and that video were dated to last fall, pre HF.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 08:19:30 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2023, 10:36:46 AM »
When Hugh was asked about the situation....

Can't tell by this if it is going to be detrimental to our season, or if they are just stealing a play from the DNC and not addressing it publicly. With the end goal of hoping the questions and outrage will die down so it can be swept under the rug.

Richard Silva, Montgomery Advertiser

MIRAMAR BEACH, Fla. — Auburn football coach Hugh Freeze spoke to reporters for the first time Tuesday since the university released a statement May 18 saying it had issued "indefinite suspensions ... for violation of applicable Auburn Athletics department policy."

In an email exchange when the statement was first released, AU Executive Director of Public Affairs Jenifer Adams told the Montgomery Advertiser the situation was related to "videos that were posted on social media."

"We don't comment on individuals and their status with any disciplinary issues within our school," Freeze said at the SEC meetings at the Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa. "I really don't have a comment on that."
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 10:47:37 AM by Snakebite »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2023, 11:18:32 AM »
I get the no comment thing.  I think everyone outside of Lane Kiffin or Steve Spurrier, back in his day, would take that stance. Spurrier would say, "If you can't keep your dick off the internet, you can't play."

But to me, unless there's other shipth that hasn't come out, this is not that deep or involved. How long could it take to investigate something like this?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2023, 12:46:25 PM »
When Hugh was asked about the situation....

"We don't comment on individuals and their status with any disciplinary issues within our school," Freeze said at the SEC meetings at the Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa. "I really don't have a comment on that."

He did not say within our football team. So he has been instructed that this is NOT his decision.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 09:08:39 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2023, 01:31:36 PM »
I get the no comment thing.  I think everyone outside of Lane Kiffin or Steve Spurrier, back in his day, would take that stance. Spurrier would say, "If you can't keep your dick off the internet, you can't play."

Now we finally know why Buzz didn't play football in college.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2023, 09:08:52 PM »
He did not say withing our football team. So he has been instructed that this is NOT his decision.

Which also means he most likely is not Involved.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2023, 08:41:22 AM »
Which also means he most likely is not Involved.

I'm sure he's not. That will not stop sports media from going after him at every turn because of his past. Factor how many games this time is likely to eat dirt this fall, it's gonna be a long season. In the long run, Auburn will improve, but adjust your expectations, fam. If they get 5, that'll be something this fall.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2023, 08:59:09 AM »
If they get 5, that'll be something this fall.

Balderdash.
Poppycock, even.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2023, 09:35:03 AM »
Balderdash.
Poppycock, even.

This.

7 to 9 wins.  That is what my gut is telling me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2023, 09:58:01 AM »
This.

This is where I'm at as well.  And my gut is much bigger than yours.

This program won 5 games last year with maybe the worst O-line we've had in fo-evah.  A raw, first time QB, who at times was playing as bad as Kadril Frayzha and Fetal Mosely ever thought about playing.  No go-to receiver.  And no edge rusher.  Derick was my man, but he just wasn't very quick off the edge.

No excuses for losing to LSU or Miss. State.  To be fair, Missouri really wasn't a win. 

U Free brought in a lot of high end Group of 5 players.  How will that translate to the SEC?  We'll just have to wait and see.  But on paper, I think this bunch is much better across the board.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2023, 10:40:09 AM »
This.

I recommend Tums Chewy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2023, 11:25:35 AM »
I recommend Tums Chewy.

It's a staple, brother.  (Ir)regardless, your 5 win prediction stinks and I hate it.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2023, 11:33:07 AM »
I recommend Tums Chewy.

Why say you such poppycock and balderdashery?  We're better, and deeper across the board.  And U Free is absolutely a better coach than Bryman Hasbeenz and an interim Caddy.

Reasons?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2023, 11:43:21 AM »
7 to 9 wins is very realistic. Hew potentially replaced half of the starters, there is depth on O line and a seasoned QB.

Still some q’s because they have to prove it at the SEC level. No doubt that is a question. And glaringly, LB is also a position than I think needs a boost.

Still, 8 is my number and the over is not a terrible stretch.

Obviously, if Hugh is convicted of raping Jarquez, I’d take the under.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2023, 12:08:29 PM »
Why say you such poppycock and balderdashery?  We're better, and deeper across the board.  And U Free is absolutely a better coach than Bryman Hasbeenz and an interim Caddy.

Reasons?

Culture and regime change takes time. I need to see if a team built from spare parts all over the place can congeal into a more functional Transformer than last year's GoBot. Also, factor in teams with a "head start" in front of Auburn along with the schedule, I think there are growing pains. Next year? I am on the 8-9 train fo sho.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions