Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Gaming Nerd(s)

Gaming Nerd(s)
« on: May 10, 2023, 05:43:52 PM »
Hogwarts Legacy

I don't play many videogames anymore, but decided I would give this one a shot on the nights I need to escape the estrogen in the air.  I just started and haven't made it very far, but the game seems to be pretty well made.  I would assume that most on here consider the Harry Potter world hot garbage, but I grew up on it, so it has its place. 

Due to the infrequency in which I play videogames, I still have the PS4, which I am sure robs the game of some of the smooth mechanics.  However, in the first 30 minutes of play, it is a game that I can look forward to casually playing with a beer or 10 in hand when time allows. 

If any of you gentlemen have suggestions of new or epic games (if you play games), post 'em here!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 06:40:07 PM by Snakebite »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Gaming Nerd(s)
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2023, 07:49:23 PM »
I ended up going the other direction with games. Got rid of my latest Xbox and got an original Nintendo, atari and 2 arcade games - pac man and street fighter - for the game room. The kids still do that dumbass Switch thing. Whatever. I’m simple when it comes to games. I just wanna turn it on and play.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2023, 09:02:41 PM »
I ended up going the other direction with games. Got rid of my latest Xbox and got an original Nintendo, atari and 2 arcade games - pac man and street fighter - for the game room. The kids still do that dumbass Switch thing. Whatever. I’m simple when it comes to games. I just wanna turn it on and play.

That sounds like a pretty awesome game room! Street Fighter was excellent. I played Mortal Kombat nonstop as a kiddo on the 64. Chasing the kill of Shao Kahn and succeeding was a sweet treat.

Spinning Bowser around, aiming for boundary bombs was some Billy Badass shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2023, 08:13:18 AM »
That sounds like a pretty awesome game room! Street Fighter was excellent. I played Mortal Kombat nonstop as a kiddo on the 64. Chasing the kill of Shao Kahn and succeeding was a sweet treat.

Spinning Bowser around, aiming for boundary bombs was some Billy Badass shit.

I occasionally will ball out on Mario kart on one of the kids game systems but other than that, there is morning on those systems I want to play. Used to like the ncaa games on xbox.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2023, 12:11:29 PM »
Look Mom.  Nerds
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2023, 12:47:41 PM »
Look Mom.  Nerds

I suck at being a nerd.  I can't even figure out how to imbed a GIF on here without attaching it as an image, or copying and pasting a hyperlink.  Internetin' is hard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2023, 01:40:46 PM »
My X-box conked out so I stopped playing Call of Duty and Arkham. 

I have a KISS pinball machine and a standing Galaga machine.  That's all I need. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2023, 02:15:08 PM »
My X-box conked out so I stopped playing Call of Duty and Arkham. 

I have a KISS pinball machine and a standing Galaga machine.  That's all I need.

The pinball machine, I assume, is for the times you are feeling uptight on a Saturday night?

Those classic-style arcade games are awesome.  I would like to get one of the old Tekken machines and slap it in my designated dude room. That, Duck Hunter, and the basketball Pop-A-Shot would make for some good times.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2023, 04:03:02 PM »
Look Mom.  Nerds

Pac Man has a joystick, and an ac plug......thats it. No buttons even needed. If that's not oulding, I dunno what is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2023, 04:48:39 PM »
Pac Man has a joystick, and an ac plug......thats it. No buttons even needed. If that's not oulding, I dunno what is.

Some friends have a condo in Auburn right behind Momma Goldberg's.  We've had the opportunity a couple of times to stay in it for game day weekends.  They have a room with Pac Man, Asteroids and Galaga arcade machines.  I was in my element. 

The only joy stick I've ever played with is my own. 

Often.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2023, 05:04:40 PM »
Some friends have a condo in Auburn right behind Momma Goldberg's.  We've had the opportunity a couple of times to stay in it for game day weekends.  They have a room with Pac Man, Asteroids and Galaga arcade machines.  I was in my element. 

The only joy stick I've ever played with is my own. 

Often.

Must get tiring having to use 2 hands that often! 

But then again, using tweezers with only one hand can flare up the arthritis.  Good to switch it up.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 05:08:49 PM by Snakebite »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2023, 05:27:54 PM »
Must get tiring having to use 2 hands that often! 

But then again, using tweezers with only one hand can flare up the arthritis.  Good to switch it up.

The last guy that complemented him that way had a plate put in his head.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 01:14:27 AM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
Snakebite,
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2023, 05:55:51 PM »
I had asteroids one time. I couldn’t sit in a wooden chair without an air cushion with a hole in the middle, which also helped to free up my huge sack of nuts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
Snakebite,
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2023, 09:15:34 AM »
If any of you gentlemen have suggestions of new or epic games (if you play games), post 'em here!

Oldie from the 360 days, but the Mass Effect trilogy - my favorite story of any RPG I've ever played.  They should have made this a HBO series instead of Last of Us. The Legendary Edition would have all three in one.

I enjoyed the Assassin's Creed "Hassan trilogy" (Origin, Odyssey, Valhalla) quite a bit, with Odyssey being my personal favorite.

GF is currently playing Jedi Survivor, and although he told me I didn't need to do it to play Survivor, I'm back into Jedi Fallen Order, which Survivor is a sequel to.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2023, 11:32:07 AM »
Oldie from the 360 days, but the Mass Effect trilogy - my favorite story of any RPG I've ever played.  They should have made this a HBO series instead of Last of Us. The Legendary Edition would have all three in one.

I enjoyed the Assassin's Creed "Hassan trilogy" (Origin, Odyssey, Valhalla) quite a bit, with Odyssey being my personal favorite.

GF is currently playing Jedi Survivor, and although he told me I didn't need to do it to play Survivor, I'm back into Jedi Fallen Order, which Survivor is a sequel to.

I appreciate the recommendations!  I've played some Mass Effect when I was put into some Fort Bragg barracks while they renovated dorm rooms on the Air Force side back when I first joined.  It seemed like a pretty epic game!  I stopped playing shortly after starting and do not remember why.  I'll see if I can get back into it since I see it is available for PS4.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2023, 11:46:59 AM »
I appreciate the recommendations!  I've played some Mass Effect when I was put into some Fort Bragg barracks while they renovated dorm rooms on the Air Force side back when I first joined.  It seemed like a pretty epic game!  I stopped playing shortly after starting and do not remember why.  I'll see if I can get back into it since I see it is available for PS4.

Racist
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2023, 11:59:42 AM »
Racist

¿Que?

Edit:  The Googles informed me of a white supremacist soldier that was Court-Martialed.  As bad as that and racism are, there are far more disgusting people in Fayettenam.  Unfaithful military wives cauterizing people's b-holes shut, Army officers having knife fights on base during Black Friday, etc..

When I was there, bath salts and spice were the rage.  I saw a 125 lb Airman successfully throw a 245 lb MP 5 feet in the air in an attempt to escape going to jail.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 12:14:58 PM by Snakebite »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2023, 01:10:33 PM »
Unfaithful military wives cauterizing people's b-holes shut

So many questions...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2023, 01:24:12 PM »
So many questions...

Hand cuffs, curling iron, and snakes in her head.  Didn't personally know her or the soldier that she did it to, but our Commander called a formation to give a very vague brief on core values & the wingman concept.  We all knew what it was about.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2023, 02:14:59 PM »

I have tried numerous times to contact GF via seance, to no avail. I want to let him know that I actually do miss him. And that I had no idea about the herpes. I am sorry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com