Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Draft

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Draft
« on: April 25, 2023, 03:56:54 PM »
Not beer, the NFL Draft. Although, a cold IPA on draft would be mighty tasty right now.  Will you watch it? I usually do, and most likely will again this Thursday.

I've looked at several projections for Auburn players, and the consensus seems to be that 4 players will get the call.  Everyone I've seen has Derick Hall going ahead of Tank, Colby Wooden and O-Pap. (His close friends call him that).  Just about everyone has Hall going in the second round. 

Others they say that might get the nod, are Eku Leota and Shedrick 4.25 Jackson.  Obviously, Jackson had about as ho-hum a career as you could have.  However, I've long since come to realize that pro scouts don't look at the same things we do.  There have been so many guys from Auburn in the league that I would never have thought had a chance. 

Neiko Torched, the human highlight reel....for opposing teams....had a long career.  Brandon King.  Who?  Don't think he even started at Auburn, but he's still in the league.  Josh Bynes could stare a hole through you, and was a bad ass for us.  But honestly, I thought he was wayyyy too slow to play at the next level.  Over 10 years later, he's now a free agent.

Anyway, I just find the draft intriguing.  My ATL picks 8th, 44th and 75th.  They'll blow it like a 28-3 lead.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Re: Draft
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2023, 04:05:51 PM »
Not beer, the NFL Draft. Although, a cold IPA on draft would be mighty tasty right now.  Will you watch it? I usually do, and most likely will again this Thursday.

I've looked at several projections for Auburn players, and the consensus seems to be that 4 players will get the call.  Everyone I've seen has Derick Hall going ahead of Tank, Colby Wooden and O-Pap. (His close friends call him that).  Just about everyone has Hall going in the second round. 

Others they say that might get the nod, are Eku Leota and Shedrick 4.25 Jackson.  Obviously, Jackson had about as ho-hum a career as you could have.  However, I've long since come to realize that pro scouts don't look at the same things we do.  There have been so many guys from Auburn in the league that I would never have thought had a chance. 

Neiko Torched, the human highlight reel....for opposing teams....had a long career.  Brandon King.  Who?  Don't think he even started at Auburn, but he's still in the league.  Josh Bynes could stare a hole through you, and was a bad ass for us.  But honestly, I thought he was wayyyy too slow to play at the next level.  Over 10 years later, he's now a free agent.

Anyway, I just find the draft intriguing.  My ATL picks 8th, 44th and 75th.  They'll blow it like a 28-3 lead.

VooDoo Ranger and/or Good People IPA for me, please.

I wish Eku had come back, especially since he was injured last year.  I think he could have dramatically improved his stock in 2023 with a team that is more fun to watch.  In his very limited action last year, he was more productive than Hall.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2023, 04:32:42 PM »
VooDoo Ranger and/or Good People IPA for me, please.

I wish Eku had come back, especially since he was injured last year.  I think he could have dramatically improved his stock in 2023 with a team that is more fun to watch.  In his very limited action last year, he was more productive than Hall.

It was nice having two guys who could come off the edge.  That's something we've been sorely missing for a few years now.  Hall is a great overall player, and a beast, but he doesn't have that burst.  I miss guys like Dee Ford, Corey Lemon-ear, Jeff Holland, Carl Lawson, Big Ka.....wait, what am I saying?

They really focused on that position this year in recruiting and port hole guys.  And I'll be damn'd if I ain't pumped about Keldric Faulk.  6'6" 275???  Come getchu' some of that on the edge.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2023, 04:33:49 PM »
Kneel bitches!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2023, 04:43:41 PM »
It was nice having two guys who could come off the edge.  That's something we've been sorely missing for a few years now.  Hall is a great overall player, and a beast, but he doesn't have that burst.  I miss guys like Dee Ford, Corey Lemon-ear, Jeff Holland, Carl Lawson, Big Ka.....wait, what am I saying?

They really focused on that position this year in recruiting and port hole guys.  And I'll be damn'd if I ain't pumped about Keldric Faulk.  6'6" 275???  Come getchu' some of that on the edge.

My nephew went directly against Keldric in high school for a handful of plays. At 6’4” - 230 at TE, he got the best of him a time or 2, too! Hoping that he gains some traction and gets to play some big boy football in the coming years (only in 9th Grade).

He did say Keldric was a beast, and knowing how much of a freak athlete my nephew is, I think we are in for some fun times ahead with him in orange and blue.

My favorite pass rusher we have had in the past decade was Dee Ford, followed by Sensei Mud. They were both clutch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2023, 04:49:51 PM »
My nephew went directly against Keldric in high school for a handful of plays. At 6’4” - 230 at TE, he got the best of him a time or 2, too! Hoping that he gains some traction and gets to play some big boy football in the coming years (only in 9th Grade).

He did say Keldric was a beast, and knowing how much of a freak athlete my nephew is, I think we are in for some fun times ahead with him in orange and blue.

My favorite pass rusher we have had in the past decade was Dee Ford, followed by Sensei Mud. They were both clutch.

Sensei Mud???  Holland?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2023, 04:53:17 PM »
Sensei Mud???  Holland?

That’s the one. Not the white one that dove out of the way of oncoming players.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2023, 05:03:08 PM »

He may not have had what it took to make it in the NFL, but he's had a nice career with State Farm.  Even became a brown fella.  Goes better with the fro.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2023, 05:10:11 PM »
He got in the way sometimes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
Snakebite,
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2023, 05:21:50 PM »
He got in the way sometimes.

Mostly overlooked part of this pic is, looks to me like #88 took a pretty good shot to the Jimmy's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2023, 06:10:32 PM »
Mostly overlooked part of this pic is, looks to me like #88 took a pretty good shot to the Jimmy's.

Nah. ‘Ol Jake would have found a way to whiff on those too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2023, 01:58:28 AM »
Nah. ‘Ol Jake would have found a way to whiff on those too.

Don’t dis backpack Holland that way!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2023, 10:18:32 AM »
The first round picks went pretty much as expected, for the most part. The biggest exception was Anthony Richardson going 4th to the Colts, while Kentucky's, Will Levis, went back to the hotel unemployed.

I've said many times that the pro scouts know far better what to look for than my armchair QB, untrained eye.  AR-15 is a freaky athlete, many comparing him to Cam with his size and arm.  This guy may turn out to be the titz, but there's nothing about his college career that points to that.  In 22 games, he's a 54% passer with 24 TD's and 15 Int's. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2023, 10:27:16 AM »
The first round picks went pretty much as expected, for the most part. The biggest exception was Anthony Richardson going 4th to the Colts, while Kentucky's, Will Levis, went back to the hotel unemployed.

I've said many times that the pro scouts know far better what to look for than my armchair QB, untrained eye.  AR-15 is a freaky athlete, many comparing him to Cam with his size and arm.  This guy may turn out to be the titz, but there's nothing about his college career that points to that.  In 22 games, he's a 54% passer with 24 TD's and 15 Int's.

Colts gonna Colt.  What a fucking waste of a first round pick.

If I were a GM, you'd have to be the next coming of Joe Montegna to get drafted in the first round by my club.  I'm loading up on OL/DL in the first round always.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2023, 10:46:52 AM »
Colts gonna Colt.  What a fucking waste of a first round pick.

If I were a GM, you'd have to be the next coming of Joe Montegna to get drafted in the first round by my club.  I'm loading up on OL/DL in the first round always.

Head scratcher fo sho!

My ATL took Bijan Robinson, which I think is a great pick.  I was hoping to hear his name, or Jalen Carter.  In recent years, I keep hearing all these experts harp on the running back position being so devalued, and how you should never take one in the first round.  Dude had over 1,500 yards rushing, over 300 yards receiving, and scored 20 TD's this past season, and you're going to wait til the 2nd round?  Bovine excrement! Plus, the Birds are a run heavy offense.

I think the bigger problem is the short shelf life of a RB in the NFL, and these idiotic teams giving monster contracts when they're at their peak, and headed on the down side.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2023, 10:55:42 AM »
Head scratcher fo sho!

My ATL took Bijan Robinson, which I think is a great pick.  I was hoping to hear his name, or Jalen Carter.  In recent years, I keep hearing all these experts harp on the running back position being so devalued, and how you should never take one in the first round.  Dude had over 1,500 yards rushing, over 300 yards receiving, and scored 20 TD's this past season, and you're going to wait til the 2nd round?  Bovine excrement! Plus, the Birds are a run heavy offense.

I think the bigger problem is the short shelf life of a RB in the NFL, and these idiotic teams giving monster contracts when they're at their peak, and headed on the down side.

RBs def not getting the call to my team in the 1st.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2023, 02:24:56 PM »
RBs def not getting the call to my team in the 1st.

No way to pass on Robinson, and hope he falls to you at pick #44.  The Falcons are one of only 3 teams in the entire NFL that run the ball over 50% of the time.  They wanted this guy.

Also, I was listening to one of the NFL analysts today on Dan Patrick's show. Chris Miller, I believe.  He said that leading up to the draft, he talked with scouts from numerous teams, and was told that there as many as 15, and as few as 8 players in this draft that graded out as true first round talent. Seriously jacked up draft, talent-wise.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2023, 05:12:55 PM »
I’m rooting for the LaPorta kid out of Iowa. His high school is conference rivals with my kids’ school. Good kid and freaky athletic family. Two sisters who both got full rides, one for basketball and the other for volleyball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2023, 07:40:34 PM »
I’m rooting for the LaPorta kid out of Iowa. His high school is conference rivals with my kids’ school. Good kid and freaky athletic family. Two sisters who both got full rides, one for basketball and the other for volleyball.

And he’s going to Detroit. Poor bastard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions