Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

AI

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
AI
« on: April 18, 2023, 12:00:41 PM »
No, not Allen Iverson.

This weekend, I was having a conversation with someone in the medical field, who was talking about how the world of medicine/treatment will look in the next 10 years.  She said a huge segment of the medical field will be handled through artificial intelligence, and there will be less and less need for doctors, nurses etc.  Even said they’re developing a pill, if it’s not here already, that will substitute the need for an actual endoscopy/colonoscopy, as it has a camera that takes video from your mouth, all the way to the crack of yo’ ass.

If it improves health care, I’m all for it.  However, there’s a scary side of where we’re headed as a society, IMO.  There are more self-check outs at Wal Marks, Publix and other stores, than there are employees. We’re ordering way more stuff from Amazon, through apps etc. these days, and box retail stores may soon be a thing of the past.  Sounds good for the delivery industry, except that they’re already experimenting with drones to make those deliveries. See where this is going?

Later that night, my son and I went to a restaurant.  I only saw one guy behind the counter, and no wait staff.  He came out and took our order.  After a bit, out comes this R2 D2 looking robot carrying two trays of food.  Came right up to the table, and the same guy walks out and takes the trays and puts them on our table. That’s when it really hit me that we are rapidly moving toward a society where, for the most part, a work force won’t be needed.  What will people do for income?  What happens with the economy?

Take it a step further.  I said about 10 years ago, that in my job as an attorney, I may be able to handle my entire practice, hearings and trial included, from my den sofa.  It’s coming.  I already do Zoom hearings and depositions all the time.  Do you need groceries?  Great!  Just pull up the store’s app and make your list.  Don’t inconvenience yourself by driving to that store, or having to actually have some human interaction.  Just keep your face buried in your iPhone, and someone will bring those groceries to your door step.

Our world is changing fast.  It won’t be long before we never have to leave the house for anything.  But, enjoy that house while you can. You won’t be able to pay for it too much longer, because your position at work has been replaced by some form of artificial intelligence. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Re: AI
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2023, 12:36:32 PM »
No, not Allen Iverson.

This weekend, I was having a conversation with someone in the medical field, who was talking about how the world of medicine/treatment will look in the next 10 years.  She said a huge segment of the medical field will be handled through artificial intelligence, and there will be less and less need for doctors, nurses etc.  Even said they’re developing a pill, if it’s not here already, that will substitute the need for an actual endoscopy/colonoscopy, as it has a camera that takes video from your mouth, all the way to the crack of yo’ ass.

If it improves health care, I’m all for it.  However, there’s a scary side of where we’re headed as a society, IMO.  There are more self-check outs at Wal Marks, Publix and other stores, than there are employees. We’re ordering way more stuff from Amazon, through apps etc. these days, and box retail stores may soon be a thing of the past.  Sounds good for the delivery industry, except that they’re already experimenting with drones to make those deliveries. See where this is going?

Later that night, my son and I went to a restaurant.  I only saw one guy behind the counter, and no wait staff.  He came out and took our order.  After a bit, out comes this R2 D2 looking robot carrying two trays of food.  Came right up to the table, and the same guy walks out and takes the trays and puts them on our table. That’s when it really hit me that we are rapidly moving toward a society where, for the most part, a work force won’t be needed.  What will people do for income?  What happens with the economy?

Take it a step further.  I said about 10 years ago, that in my job as an attorney, I may be able to handle my entire practice, hearings and trial included, from my den sofa.  It’s coming.  I already do Zoom hearings and depositions all the time.  Do you need groceries?  Great!  Just pull up the store’s app and make your list.  Don’t inconvenience yourself by driving to that store, or having to actually have some human interaction.  Just keep your face buried in your iPhone, and someone will bring those groceries to your door step.

Our world is changing fast.  It won’t be long before we never have to leave the house for anything.  But, enjoy that house while you can. You won’t be able to pay for it too much longer, because your position at work has been replaced by some form of artificial intelligence.

Not to get all "it makes the frogs gay!", but it seems like a solid strategy to render us all useless and issue a UBI, or to enslave us all.  Not saying that will happen, but it certainly would be a lot easier when all the things that make us unique/independent are stripped away from us.

I was listening to a podcast weeks ago, probably JRE, that was saying there is an AI that passed the Bar and successfully argued a mock case.  None of us are safe.

A potential positive is AI that can delve into Physics & Astronomy, making space travel over vast distances a more feasible possibility. 

« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 02:23:10 PM by Snakebite »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2023, 02:28:38 PM »
Not to get all "it makes the frogs gay!", but it seems like a solid strategy to render us all useless and issue a UBI, or to enslave us all.  Not saying that will happen, but it certainly would be a lot easier when all the things that make us unique/independent are stripped away from us.

I was listening to a podcast weeks ago, probably JRE, that was saying there is an AI that passed the Bar and successfully argued a mock case.  None of us are safe.

A potential positive is AI that can delve into Physics & Astronomy, making space travel over vast distances a more feasible possibility.
I catch your drift but my basset hound could pass the bar exam. Let’s find a better example.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2023, 03:05:02 PM »

Frogs being gay.  GTFOH!!!!

Employers will always look at the bottom line.  Obviously, that's why they go into business in the first place.  I was looking into starting a sports apparel line a few years ago.  When I really dug into it, I was blown away in seeing how much of that industry is farmed out to China, Tawain, Vietnam etc.  Why wouldn't they?  Get your product manufactured for pennies on the dollar compared to here.

That's where I see AI going.  Why do I need to hire cashiers when a machine will scan everything and take your card?  BTW, I went in a convenience stare the other day, and picked up 3-4 items.  You know, Magnum Condoms, beer etc.  The lady pointed to this square and told me to put all of them on it as one time.  It looked like a heat lamp hanging over it.  Push the button and, voila', all items scanned at one time. Soon, that lady won't have a job.

Why hire wait staff when a robot will take your order and go get your food for you?  More people out of work.  If you go in a lot of Micky D's for a Quarter Pounder with cheese, large fries and a medium Coke product, (Not that any of us would) just punch in your order at the kiosk and pay right there.  Why would you need to pay a human to do it?

Need a taxi or an Uber?  No worries.  Soon, a self-driving car will be there to pick you up.  Screw paying those greedy people.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2023, 03:10:38 PM »
  BTW, I went in a convenience stare the other day, and picked up 3-4 items.  You know, Magnum Condoms, beer etc. 

Dr. Mantis Toboggan, is that you? 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2023, 03:18:28 PM »

It's always sunny here.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2023, 03:28:09 PM »
OK, Boomer
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2023, 05:29:07 PM »
OK, Boomer

Get your self-driving EV off my lawn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2023, 08:36:03 PM »
We are living in the end times maybe. 

Perhaps AI is the Antichrist.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2023, 10:57:57 PM »
Go ahead, laugh at SKYNET…
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2023, 08:37:55 AM »
Go ahead, laugh at SKYNET…

Hasta La Vista, baby.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2023, 03:56:37 PM »

To demonstrate my monster dong.

The DENNIS system really works y'all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2023, 08:27:30 PM »
To demonstrate my monster dong.

The DENNIS system really works y'all.

Probably the best episode of ‘em all. I also enjoyed CharDee MacDennis a good bit!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions