Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Damn, Tranheuser

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Damn, Tranheuser
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2023, 01:56:23 PM »
That's kind of the point.  They don't need you or your tempest-in-a-teapot boycott.

The thing is, it’s not just me. While they are too big to feel the hurt from us overall, they see it in their numbers and their projections. Math does not lie.
The NFL felt this same effect. While they weren’t in a position to go broke, they sure felt the loss.
As Kaos stated, they are at a point in which the can hide the loss in order to make their point. But it’s not happening in a vacuum.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2023, 02:06:22 PM »
You're still so wrong you can't see right.  But you never learn.  Like ever.

Conservatives are typically level headed and generally ignore the horseshit these companies pull. We don't cry and scream online like little bitches when a company does something we disagree with.  Sometimes we make conscious decisions not to support that company - and I've done that with some. I just don't want my money going to support their agenda.  But we're not reactionary. 

We have limits.  There are bridges too far. Bud Light stepped into that territory with this moronic and insulting choice. They're getting destroyed in the market now and there's little chance to recover in the short term.  But that's what the idiots who did this really want.  That horse-face bitch in charge doesn't care about increasing market share or building the brand. Her REAL agenda is "exposing" all the simple-minded rednecks who are transphobes.  When it crashes and burns it won't be because the beer is shitty and her choice was fucking stupid. It'll be because we're a bunch of culturally ignorant rubes. That's the mission. 

We have limits, Wes.  You can't continue to slap our culture, our morality, our faith, our values in the face and expect to just get away with it forever.

Kind of my line of thinking.  Personal conviction ≠ contribution to cancel culture.  That's an emotional, left-leaning game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2023, 02:20:21 PM »
The thing is, it’s not just me. While they are too big to feel the hurt from us overall, they see it in their numbers and their projections. Math does not lie.
The NFL felt this same effect. While they weren’t in a position to go broke, they sure felt the loss.
As Kaos stated, they are at a point in which the can hide the loss in order to make their point. But it’s not happening in a vacuum.

All I'm seeing is a bunch of shit disproven by the actual article.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2023, 02:51:47 PM »
All I'm seeing is a bunch of shit disproven by the actual article.

The article is cherry picked bullshit Wes. Even you know that.   

It’s one massively skewed and manipulated sample that ignores everything else to the contrary.  It’s confirmation bias.  You don’t care about the reality because this one twisted and spun article - an outlier - tells you what you want to hear. 

The article also lies.  It touts “record viewership” in the NFL.  Technically true.  If you mean record lows.  15 seconds of research shows viewership down 3% last year over the prior season - which was down as well. 

Let’s not let facts interfere with your fraudulent horn blowing, though.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 03:02:12 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2023, 03:22:22 PM »
I had to give NBA Commissioner, Adam Silver, credit a couple of years ago.  In following the NFL lead, the NBA had transformed itself into BLM Central on steroids.  Their playoffs, during the pandemic, and in the "bubble", were not much more than a tribute to that movement. It was essentially destroying their brand, viewership and revenue.

Silver came out after the season and basically said, we're done with that shit.  Next season, it's back to business as usual.

The NFL knew they had to transition, not into women, but back to the status quo, for the most part.  They still have messages on the sidelines and/or in the end zone.  But, they're not controversial. A message saying, "It takes all of us" is something everybody can live with.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2023, 04:23:49 PM »
We have limits, Wes.  You can't continue to slap our culture, our morality, our faith, our values in the face and expect to just get away with it forever.
I think we should ride over to the Jason Isbell queer fest and dare Wes to slap you. I will double dog dare the motherfucker.

First he invites me to stay and then renigs. Can we say renig on here?

Let’s roll.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2023, 04:48:41 PM »
I think we should ride over to the Jason Isbell queer fest and dare Wes to slap you. I will double dog dare the motherfucker.

First he invites me to stay and then renigs. Can we say renig on here?

Let’s roll.

Speaking of JI, Weskie, you can catch a great write up on Isbell in this month's Garden & Gun.  He's on the cover. I'm not an Isbell fan, but I know you are. You can pull it up on the Googled Chromes.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2023, 05:02:28 PM »
Speaking of JI, Weskie, you can catch a great write up on Isbell in this month's Garden & Gun.  He's on the cover. I'm not an Isbell fan, but I know you are. You can pull it up on the Googled Chromes.   

Excellent.  Thanks for the tip*.

*and shaft, boo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2023, 05:32:43 PM »
Excellent.  Thanks for the tip*.

*and shaft, boo.

You knew better when I said, "Just the tip. I promise".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2023, 10:14:59 PM »
I saw this. Putting an anti 2A rabble rouser on the cover of a rag that’s supposedly partly about guns. Perfect sense, to snowflakes.

Newsflash: it ain’t what it appears
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2023, 10:27:21 AM »
I saw this. Putting an anti 2A rabble rouser on the cover of a rag that’s supposedly partly about guns. Perfect sense, to snowflakes.

Newsflash: it ain’t what it appears

The name of the mag comes from an old Charleston bar.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2023, 12:11:59 PM »
The name of the mag comes from an old Charleston bar.
That’s your opinion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2023, 07:26:12 PM »
Sales/revenue/market cap =/= Enterprise value

Aware of that. As I mentioned above in Nike too. But I think they’ll see a sales dip over the long haul. Because they are not broad like Nike. The bud light brand anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2023, 07:40:56 PM »
It’s cool having Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger on here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2023, 11:43:26 AM »
It’s cool having Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger on here.

Its a lawyer thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2023, 02:15:10 PM »
Here’s where I am.  I don’t really care if my decision not to buy from them has any significant impact on global sales.  I was never going to buy their product anyway so my opinion matters even less. 

I decide what to buy, where to shop based on a lot of factors.  Their political stance is only one of them.  There are places I won’t shop, things I won’t buy because they spit in the face of things I value. It’s fine for them to believe whatever they want.  But fuck a bookface, a grocery store, a shoe company or any other state or corporate entity telling me what I have to think, believe or say.  I don’t want them preaching to me or promoting that sick, perverted, disgusting behavior is somehow normal. 

There are places I do patronize because they offer good value as well like Chick Fil A. 

I don’t really care to lead some protest.  I don’t follow other’s protests. I make my own choices.

Others do too. If enough do? Things change. 

Right now companies are stupidly pissing off their core constituents in a mystifying effort to see who can virtue signal and cater hardest to the smallest, most insignificant demographic. 

That said? If you can’t recognize this bud light thing as a major fuck up that could damage the brand, perhaps permanently? You’re not being truthful with yourself.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2023, 02:04:44 PM »
The Round Mound has some thoughts.  Guess you guys are going to have to write him off as well.

https://twitter.com/JinkiesJerrica/status/1638298777797931008
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2023, 02:12:50 PM »
The Round Mound has some thoughts.  Guess you guys are going to have to write him off as well.

https://twitter.com/JinkiesJerrica/status/1638298777797931008

He’s welcome to his opinion.  I don’t share it.  I don’t have to. 

Some things he says are fine.  Others I don’t agree with at all. That’s the way it should be.   

His opinion has not a single thing to do with this discussion. Classic diversion from somehow who recognizes his argument was lost and is being bludgeoned by actual results. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions