Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The New & Improved MLB Thread For 2023

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: The New & Improved MLB Thread For 2023
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2023, 02:10:11 PM »
Well you got that pitcher from SEMO, so that makes us even.

He got shelled by the Padres, so I don't like him anymore.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2023, 05:34:31 PM »
Braves SS, Orlando Arcia, has a fractured wrist.  Placed on IR.  He was hitting .333 with 15 hits in 13 games.  2 HR and 7 RBI.  FRICK!!!

Won't be bringing up up former starter, Ian Anderson, either.  Tommy John surgery today.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2023, 10:40:19 PM »
5 hits?  5 goddamn hits?  And Walker wasn’t one of them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2023, 11:45:18 AM »
Braves SS, Orlando Arcia, has a fractured wrist.  Placed on IR.  He was hitting .333 with 15 hits in 13 games.  2 HR and 7 RBI.  FRICK!!!

Won't be bringing up up former starter, Ian Anderson, either.  Tommy John surgery today.

Not sure we were bringing him up anyway....he just couldn't regain that form from the World Series year.

Braves are hurting right now but once healed, should be good. They are sitting ok right now. Not sure how long they can keep it up with this many key guys hurt. Arcia hurts though....no two ways about it.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 02:54:48 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2023, 11:25:02 AM »

Arcia is my fault...I had just picked him up on my fantasy beisbols team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2023, 01:11:50 PM »
Arcia is my fault...I had just picked him up on my fantasy beisbols team.

What do I have to do to get you to pick up some Brewers?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2023, 03:52:48 PM »
Obligatory 1 of 40 “pro sports suck” posts for the year.

Carry on; “KNEELERS”..
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2023, 12:17:13 PM »
9 total runs scored in the previous 4 games.  All loozes. Erupt for 11 last night on 74 home runs.  Michael Harris IVVXXII and Travis d'Arnaud are still out.  Desperately need them back so we can send Marcel O'ferzuna to the end of the bench. He's now 4 for 55. (.073)

Cards skruggling at 9-14.  Still waaayyy too early to read anything into these starts.

Cubbies playing solid biesbol at 12-9.  Looks like they found a big ole stick in the line up.  Patrick Wisdom already has 9 HR's.

Pirates and Orioles off to maybe their best starts since the Great Depression, at 16-7 and 15-7 respectively.

Break up the Rays.  20-3 with a 14-0 home record.  Quick, name one player on their roster.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2023, 12:47:17 PM »
9 total runs scored in the previous 4 games.  All loozes. Erupt for 11 last night on 74 home runs.  Michael Harris IVVXXII and Travis d'Arnaud are still out.  Desperately need them back so we can send Marcel O'ferzuna to the end of the bench. He's now 4 for 55. (.073)

Cards skruggling at 9-14.  Still waaayyy too early to read anything into these starts.

Cubbies playing solid biesbol at 12-9.  Looks like they found a big ole stick in the line up.  Patrick Wisdom already has 9 HR's.

Pirates and Orioles off to maybe their best starts since the Great Depression, at 16-7 and 15-7 respectively.

Break up the Rays.  20-3 with a 14-0 home record.  Quick, name one player on their roster.

ur mom
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2023, 10:10:37 PM »

Dan Uggla?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2023, 12:35:40 PM »
Cards off to their worst start in 50 years.  So we got that going for us, which is nice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2023, 02:28:12 PM »
Dan Uggla?

hey that dude was famous.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2023, 02:31:50 PM »
Cards off to their worst start in 50 years.  So we got that going for us, which is nice.
Found a new term this week...Scardenfreude
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2023, 09:56:21 AM »
Found a new term this week...Scardenfreude

When the Cards beatwriters are posting things like this:

Bad record. Bad starting pitching. Bad offense. Bad bullpen. Bad defense.  Overwhelmed manager, underwhelming front office. Phenom prospect sent to minors. Al Hrabosky on postgame show, talking about broadcasters jumping out of buildings.  What the hell is going on?

... You know something is wrong.  Hrabosky (radio/tv color guy) was in the home studio last night and said following the broadcast that if he were on the road with the team, he'd request to be on the first floor of the hotel room, because the team is too depressing to watch, and he might jump out the window.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2023, 10:13:02 AM »
When the Cards beatwriters are posting things like this:

Bad record. Bad starting pitching. Bad offense. Bad bullpen. Bad defense.  Overwhelmed manager, underwhelming front office. Phenom prospect sent to minors. Al Hrabosky on postgame show, talking about broadcasters jumping out of buildings.  What the hell is going on?

... You know something is wrong.  Hrabosky (radio/tv color guy) was in the home studio last night and said following the broadcast that if he were on the road with the team, he'd request to be on the first floor of the hotel room, because the team is too depressing to watch, and he might jump out the window.

He's just mad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2023, 10:26:18 AM »
Baseball was my game growing up.  I had dreams, or more like delusions, of playing in the League.  I never could figure out why I couldn’t get over the hump with as much hard work as I was putting in.  Then last night, I was listening to a post-game interview with Braves SS, Vaughn Grissom, and it became clear. I grew up in a home with a yard that had no trees.  Not a leaf to be found. Grissom was asked what gives this team the ability to come back like they did tonight. He said, “Because every guy, one through nine, can rake.”

I don’t think we even owned a rake.  I never learned how.  There’s no telling where I’d be right now if I grew up in a home with about 20 pine trees in the yard.  Just unlucky, I guess. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2023, 01:37:57 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2023, 03:58:58 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2023, 04:45:50 PM »
They said you was hung.

A hung aryan?  Nice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2023, 08:08:46 AM »
They said you was hung.
And they was right
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions