Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Things that bother me with our society.

Things that bother me with our society.
« on: April 13, 2023, 02:31:15 PM »
1. The tribalism of political parties:
                         a.)  Party values on both sides of the aisle have changed dramatically even since the early 2000's.  The latest rage is gender, chicks with dicks, and the like.  What once was viewed as taboo, is now an ideology that an entire political party must subscribe to in order to be accepted.
                         b.)  Point "a" spills over into point "b".  It seems that our society can't handle or tolerate individual thought anymore.  If a democrat proclaims to be pro-life, they are socially crucified.  If a republican has a desire for environmental initiatives, they are scoffed at and their opinion swept under the rug.  The death of individuality WILL be the death of a once great nation.

2. Identity politics:
             The overwhelming desire to attribute one's whole self to a group of self-proclaimed victims is akin to my toddler stomping her feet to get her way.  There are real victims in this world, and especially have been throughout history.  Respect them and stop focusing on pronouns or being triggered.

3. No compromise:
              There used to be a time where folks could agree to disagree, or unite for the common good.  Now there is one side that is trying to bully the other into submission, and another side that is sitting back without a solution. 

I am still young-ish and am not married to my current opinions, but think it would be nice to shift focus to important issues with a goal of uniting rather than the stupid shit we are doing these days.  Feel free to add-on, tell me where I am wrong, or ignore this post.             
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snaggletiger,
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Things that bother me with our society.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2023, 03:26:15 PM »
You are young-ish.  I am old-ish. I’ve finally come to realize that 90% of all this shiot, really doesn’t affect me.  I’m getting close to retirement, and all I really care about is gubmint not F’ing with Social Security or Medicare.  I’ve been working non-stop, and paying in for right at 40 years.  I plan on using what I’ve earned.

You are 100% correct on the absolute polarization of society and politics.  Which is part of the reason I swore off all the cable news networks, and any political talk shows on the radio about 6 months ago. There’s no in between, and they all spend 24/7 365 pointing fingers at the other side, saying the world is going to end if they aren’t stopped. And the majority of it is sensationalized bullshit.  And again, I realized that little to none of it has any bearing on my daily life, nor can I do anything about it, except vote my conscience, and hope those I voted for do their jobs. I quit stressing over any of it…well, most of it. Okay, a lot of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2023, 03:46:12 PM »
I think you are wrong. You try to see it in a logical manner.
Logic left the building years ago. When the left lied about GWB and forced it into a “prove your innocence” way of campaigning, it went downhill quick.
Today I’m not a republican due to any ideological values. I’m a republican because that is what I have to be to combat the left and save the constitution.
I have been pushed into a non compromising corner. You are younger so your indoctrination has not worn off yet. Give it a little more time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2023, 04:40:36 PM »
You are young-ish.  I am old-ish. I’ve finally come to realize that 90% of all this shiot, really doesn’t affect me.  I’m getting close to retirement, and all I really care about is gubmint not F’ing with Social Security or Medicare.  I’ve been working non-stop, and paying in for right at 40 years.  I plan on using what I’ve earned.

You are 100% correct on the absolute polarization of society and politics.  Which is part of the reason I swore off all the cable news networks, and any political talk shows on the radio about 6 months ago. There’s no in between, and they all spend 24/7 365 pointing fingers at the other side, saying the world is going to end if they aren’t stopped. And the majority of it is sensationalized bullshit.  And again, I realized that little to none of it has any bearing on my daily life, nor can I do anything about it, except vote my conscience, and hope those I voted for do their jobs. I quit stressing over any of it…well, most of it. Okay, a lot of it.

I have paid into it for 15 years, and won't see 1 red cent.  I make a concerted effort to not let these things affect my mood, but a dose of reality hits when I think about how much it has drastically changed in my 33 years of life, and in most instances, not for the better.  Then I look at my kid, who my world revolves around, and fail in that endeavor to not let it stress me out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2023, 04:59:21 PM »
1. The tribalism of political parties:
                         a.)  Party values on both sides of the aisle have changed dramatically even since the early 2000's.  The latest rage is gender, chicks with dicks, and the like.  What once was viewed as taboo, is now an ideology that an entire political party must subscribe to in order to be accepted.
                         b.)  Point "a" spills over into point "b".  It seems that our society can't handle or tolerate individual thought anymore.  If a democrat proclaims to be pro-life, they are socially crucified.  If a republican has a desire for environmental initiatives, they are scoffed at and their opinion swept under the rug.  The death of individuality WILL be the death of a once great nation.

2. Identity politics:
             The overwhelming desire to attribute one's whole self to a group of self-proclaimed victims is akin to my toddler stomping her feet to get her way.  There are real victims in this world, and especially have been throughout history.  Respect them and stop focusing on pronouns or being triggered.

3. No compromise:
              There used to be a time where folks could agree to disagree, or unite for the common good.  Now there is one side that is trying to bully the other into submission, and another side that is sitting back without a solution. 

I am still young-ish and am not married to my current opinions, but think it would be nice to shift focus to important issues with a goal of uniting rather than the stupid shit we are doing these days.  Feel free to add-on, tell me where I am wrong, or ignore this post.             
I certainly agree.

I’m reminded of what my old Grandaddy used to say about situations like the ones that you mentioned and really any situation.

He used to say: “fuck it”.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2023, 05:03:14 PM »
I certainly agree.

I’m reminded of what my old Grandaddy used to say about situations like the ones that you mentioned and really any situation.

He used to say: “fuck it”.

Wisdom like that would about bring a tear to a glass eye. Thank you for sharing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2023, 05:10:55 PM »
Wisdom like that would about bring a tear to a glass eye. Thank you for sharing.
No problem. I want to impart any wisdom that I may have stumbled upon in my 55 years, on to kids and young men your age.

Snags and some of these other guys are older than me but I want to caution you about taking any advice from the vast majority. They very well may be trying to fuck you. I’m not talking about stealing from you. I mean literally fucking you.

Be careful.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2023, 05:29:52 PM »
No problem. I want to impart any wisdom that I may have stumbled upon in my 55 years, on to kids and young men your age.

Snags and some of these other guys are older than me but I want to caution you about taking any advice from the vast majority. They very well may be trying to fuck you. I’m not talking about stealing from you. I mean literally fucking you.

Be careful.

That offends me.  I am not gay, and putting your dick in a man's anus definitely means you are.

Now, a nice hand job would do just fine.  And does not make you gay. 

Amirite?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2023, 05:33:18 PM »

Be careful.

This brings to mind an old Chinese proverb that I have frequently seen throughout the years.  It goes something like, "Don't be fearfur of the soft, wet noodre; for it racks the strength to dishonor you."
« Last Edit: April 13, 2023, 05:39:25 PM by Snakebite »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2023, 07:27:50 PM »
I think you are wrong. You try to see it in a logical manner.
Logic left the building years ago. When the left lied about GWB and forced it into a “prove your innocence” way of campaigning, it went downhill quick.
Today I’m not a republican due to any ideological values. I’m a republican because that is what I have to be to combat the left and save the constitution.
I have been pushed into a non compromising corner. You are younger so your indoctrination has not worn off yet. Give it a little more time.

Pretty sure he’s talking about their side too. In a perfect world, yes it would be great to be able to be pragmatic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions
WDE