Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Waco Documentary on Netflix

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Waco Documentary on Netflix
« on: March 24, 2023, 10:30:03 AM »
There are no good guys here.  What a disaster.

I expected Netflix to take a pro-government/ATF/FBI stance, but the documentary was fairly balanced. 

The government agents come off like thugs. Overly aggressive, ego-driven, incompetent stormtrooper bullies. They went into this looking for a fight and got one. Punks.

The surviving Davidians they interview mostly seem to be delusional freaks. One woman blithely defends Koresh fucking 12-year olds - which I found disturbing.  Koresh is definitely not mentally right. I find it hard to believe people fell under his messianic spell. To me, he wasn't a whole lot different than the extremely angry, dirt-caked man I saw yesterday standing in the parking lot of Hobby Lobby furiously screaming verses out of the Bible and confronting people who just wanted to get to their cars. 

What I took from it mostly is that our government agencies fucked this up with arrogance and incompetence. They've been backfilling and covering their ass for decades now.

But there are absolutely no good guys here. Not the brainwashed cult members who were allowing the abuse of children and not the jack-boot thugs of the ATF and FBI.  They got what they asked for in the way they approached it. I can't really feel sympathy for them. I don't feel a lot of sympathy for the Davidian adults.  My sympathies lie with the kids, the children our government murdered at the behest of that disgusting, ineffective dyke Janet Reno.

The worst is sniper who set up on the roof.  How these kind of petty thugs get in positions of power in the alphabet agencies is a mystery. 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 10:34:36 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Waco Documentary on Netflix
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2023, 03:21:15 PM »
Watched it as well and agree totally.

One can think Koresh and his crew were batshit crazy while also thinking the atf and fbi were thugs looking for a fight and escalated something as badly as something can be escalated. There were also many opportunities to arrest koresh in Waco in the two years prior.

I also felt bad for the fbi negotiators who wanted the other route but they were outnumbered by the thugs who simply wanted to burn shit down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE