Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A-Day

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: A-Day
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2023, 08:14:40 AM »
I like a v8, but I will say, that eco boost is a strong engine. Mate it with the 10 speed bud light, and it performs well.
Mileage goes to shit when towing though.

I kinda miss my twofiddy with the 6.0. But ole pedoJoe made it too expensive to drive.

Those 5.4s are usually pretty good. Keep the plugs changed and they run a long time. Damn bud light suffers too quickly though.

It's the Turbo...not the engine.....with all the moving parts in them, they're just one more "ecosystem" to have issues in the long run.....and if you've never bought a power adder (SuperC/Turbo) - they cost a FORTUNE. They will most likely go out AFTER any warranties up. And honestly, a 4 cyclinder in a 6K pound truck is just a bad idea design wise. 5.0 Coyote Motors are one of the best things Ford has ever made but we know it's all about EPA stuff and not design or power. Those things are strong.

My 5.4 went 315KL before I traded it in. I still regret it. Only thing I ever did to it as far as repair was 1 coil pack.

Don't get me wrong Snake - a Yoda is a solid vehicle and a Tacoma is an excellent ride - it just doesn't make the best "truck" if thats what you aim to do with it. Few guys on my street have them and they simply drive them to work and back and keep them in the garage.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2023, 01:15:46 PM »
Guys, move the truck discussions over to the basement. It does not belong in the football forum.

Some of you continue to break simple rules and overstep boundaries. I have tried to be very lenient.

Wes and I have had discussions and some of you motherfuckers are about to get banned.

I am tired of the bullshit.

And it’s Good Friday. Have you no couth?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2023, 06:03:15 PM »
It's the Turbo...not the engine.....with all the moving parts in them, they're just one more "ecosystem" to have issues in the long run.....and if you've never bought a power adder (SuperC/Turbo) - they cost a FORTUNE. They will most likely go out AFTER any warranties up. And honestly, a 4 cyclinder in a 6K pound truck is just a bad idea design wise. 5.0 Coyote Motors are one of the best things Ford has ever made but we know it's all about EPA stuff and not design or power. Those things are strong.

My 5.4 went 315KL before I traded it in. I still regret it. Only thing I ever did to it as far as repair was 1 coil pack.

Don't get me wrong Snake - a Yoda is a solid vehicle and a Tacoma is an excellent ride - it just doesn't make the best "truck" if thats what you aim to do with it. Few guys on my street have them and they simply drive them to work and back and keep them in the garage.

TWIN turbo. And that is why I got the extended warranty for the first time ever.
It’s in my wife’s expedition and it will get up and go.
I prefer the coyote engine as you stated.
I can’t stand GMC, but they have that 5.3 tuned to perfection.
Ford can’t seem to perfect an engine and stick with it.
The 5.4 is strong but sucks the bottoms out of the tank.
I had an expedition with the 4.6 back in 99 and really liked that engine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2023, 04:06:55 PM »
Guys, move the truck discussions over to the basement. It does not belong in the football forum.

Some of you continue to break simple rules and overstep boundaries. I have tried to be very lenient.

Wes and I have had discussions and some of you motherfuckers are about to get banned.

I am tired of the bullshit.

And it’s Good Friday. Have you no couth?

Shut up homo. Men are talking.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2023, 08:20:24 AM »
Takeaways from a 1-dimensional, vanilla day:

1. Offensive line was getting push against some mostly known commodities against the D Line. That seemed almost alien.

2. Not that it matters, but Robby looked the best of the 3.

3. Fairly certain TJ leaves in summer. Personally, I say good riddance.

4. Thinking it’s apparent that we will shop hard for QB, Jack/edge guys, and maybe another WR.

Happy Easter to you all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2023, 08:44:28 AM »
Shut up homo. Men are talking.
You identify as a man?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2023, 08:55:12 AM »
Takeaways from a 1-dimensional, vanilla day:

1. Offensive line was getting push against some mostly known commodities against the D Line. That seemed almost alien.

2. Not that it matters, but Robby looked the best of the 3.

3. Fairly certain TJ leaves in summer. Personally, I say good riddance.

4. Thinking it’s apparent that we will shop hard for QB, Jack/edge guys, and maybe another WR.

Happy Easter to you all.
Agreed with all. OL push has me concerned about the DL. It seemed like too much. But it was nice for our deep RB room. We will likely have a RB or two enter the portal, I’m guessing.

Overall, I see improvement. But unless I’m missing something, which is entirely possible, we have a long way to go.

QB, OL depth, WR, pass rush, LB, safety depth are all improvement areas. Portal opens back up on 15th. We have to part ways with several in order to make room. I think I heard Blackerby on locked on AU say we lose around 5-7 to be at the max. And that’s before any portal additions, I believe. So I guess we have to lose 10 or so. Not sure.

Regardless, I trust Harsin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2023, 10:02:46 AM »
We are never going to see the roly poly RB (Jackson) play in an actual game. He needs to transfer to somewhere where he will get a shot. He is a bruiser with good vision and good feet. I would love to see him do well.
The new guy, Justin Jones, looks to be a hoss also.
The regulars are very good and I think will do well this year.
Its nice to have a stable of RBs that good.
And an OL that can get some push.

We really needed a nice dry day to see if there was ANY QB that had a clue. As it stands, we are at the same place we were at the end of the season. And that is not a good place to be. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2023, 11:51:00 AM »
We really needed a nice dry day to see if there was ANY QB that had a clue. As it stands, we are at the same place we were at the end of the season. And that is not a good place to be.

Agreed. I would add that AU has had plenty of dry days to analyze the QBs. Thats why Freeze has stated without shyness they will be looking at the portal for a starting QB. If they can't find one better than what is currently on the roster, pretty sure we'll see a run heavy, RPO type offense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2023, 01:49:25 PM »
Agreed. I would add that AU has had plenty of dry days to analyze the QBs. Thats why Freeze has stated without shyness they will be looking at the portal for a starting QB. If they can't find one better than what is currently on the roster, pretty sure we'll see a run heavy, RPO type offense.

The 2nd portal window will be fun to follow. If it ends up that we can’t get our guy, I’d be happy to watch a 2013 reenactment. The sequel very rarely tops the original, but it would still be worth the watch with some actual coaches.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
djsimp,
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2023, 03:42:07 PM »
The 2nd portal window will be fun to follow. If it ends up that we can’t get our guy, I’d be happy to watch a 2013 reenactment. The sequel very rarely tops the original, but it would still be worth the watch with some actual coaches.
I think the same. However we are minus one of the fastest QB’s I’ve ever seen. But Robby can make for a pretty good read option guy, I’d say.

If not Robby or a portal find, we be furked.

And I was the only person on the internet that predicted that Cam was a Heisman winner and would lead the country in qb categories, after his one A day. Because I know what to look for. I could just tell that he was the man. I don’t see that in any of the players this A day.

I’m going out on a limb and saying that we won’t make the playoff.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2023, 04:05:36 PM »
I think the same. However we are minus one of the fastest QB’s I’ve ever seen. But Robby can make for a pretty good read option guy, I’d say.

And I was the only person on the internet that predicted that Cam was a Heisman winner and would lead the country in qb categories, after his one A day. Because I know what to look for. I could just tell that he was the man. I don’t see that in any of the players this A day.

This means a lot coming from a guy that drives a Prius on purpose.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2023, 04:21:15 PM »

We for sure won't make the playoff.  But we will get at least 8 wins.  I can feel it in my boner... I mean, my bones.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2023, 04:22:54 PM »

It's called a F Shack.  In some smaller circles, it is also referred to as a Soup Kitchen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2023, 05:28:27 PM »
It would be glorious.  Better than Caddyshack 2 even.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2023, 08:59:14 AM »

Don't forget the LRB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2023, 09:58:02 AM »
Don't forget the LRB.
One day he'll get you over that wall of anger and it will be glorious
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2023, 10:01:14 AM »
I can see similarities in Ashford and Nick Marshall as well.  Marshall wasn't all that accurate, but he was just effective enough in the passing game because err'body had to focus so much on the run game.  I could see that happening here too, if we don't go out and get something better.  Ashford may not be as quick as Marshall, but he is definitely fast.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2023, 11:40:02 AM »
I can see similarities in Ashford and Nick Marshall as well.  Marshall wasn't all that accurate, but he was just effective enough in the passing game because err'body had to focus so much on the run game.  I could see that happening here too, if we don't go out and get something better.  Ashford may not be as quick as Marshall, but he is definitely fast.

The difference is Nick Marshall never played with hesitancy. He went for it, good, bad, whatever.

RobbEEEEEEE! (TM The War Rapport) plays like he's scared to see his shadow stepped on by the defense.

Can you teach balls? Because that's what he needs more than anything.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2023, 11:44:05 AM »
Is this the best that you can do?

Have you considered retirement?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions