Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

They Call Him The Portalizer

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
They Call Him The Portalizer
« on: April 25, 2023, 02:39:31 PM »
I have no idea if Auburn had any discussions with Coach Prime during this past corching search.  I don't know how those searches actually work, but I would think a wish list is made, and at the very least, the agents are contacted to gauge interest. 

But, right now, I'm feeling pretty happy there didn't seem to be that interest between the parties.  What Deion is doing at Colorado may be exactly what was needed, and he winds up transforming that program into a contender.  Time will tell. However, he'd better hope time is on his side, because as of today, there have been 46 players leave the program.

To his credit, he did openly say a lot of the current players won't be on the roster this time next year.  And it's probably not a bad thing, given they were 1-11 last year.  I think most of us were in agreement that he should be able to attract some big time talent.  But he'd better hurry, because right now, he doesn't have enough players on the roster to field a team.  If memory serves, the NCAA requires a minimum of 63 on your roster.

I'm sure that won't be a problem, but I just know I'm glad we aren't going through that.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

chinook

Re: They Call Him The Portalizer
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2023, 03:23:34 PM »
Miami is no longer Thug-U
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2023, 03:30:43 PM »
Miami is no longer Thug-U

There's a stampede coming.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2023, 10:01:14 PM »
I have no idea if Auburn had any discussions with Coach Prime during this past corching search.  I don't know how those searches actually work, but I would think a wish list is made, and at the very least, the agents are contacted to gauge interest. 

But, right now, I'm feeling pretty happy there didn't seem to be that interest between the parties.  What Deion is doing at Colorado may be exactly what was needed, and he winds up transforming that program into a contender.  Time will tell. However, he'd better hope time is on his side, because as of today, there have been 46 players leave the program.

To his credit, he did openly say a lot of the current players won't be on the roster this time next year.  And it's probably not a bad thing, given they were 1-11 last year.  I think most of us were in agreement that he should be able to attract some big time talent.  But he'd better hurry, because right now, he doesn't have enough players on the roster to field a team.  If memory serves, the NCAA requires a minimum of 63 on your roster.

I'm sure that won't be a problem, but I just know I'm glad we aren't going through that.

some of those 46 were some of the better players including the #1 wideout.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE