Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Outsiders Turns 40

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
The Outsiders Turns 40
« on: March 24, 2023, 10:10:02 AM »
Read a piece this morning about the movie, The Outsiders, turning 40.  Still amazing to me that virtually everybody in that film, as far as the main stars, went on to have the careers they did (have) in teh show bizzez. Directed by Francis Ford Coppola, and starred Tom Cruise (Steve Randle), Patrick Swayze (Darrel Curtis), Rob Lowe (Sodapop Curtis), Matt Dillon (Dallas Winston), Ralph Macchio (Johnny Cade), Emelio Estevez (Two-Bit Matthews) and C. Thomas Howell (Ponyboy Curtis).

Useless trivia:  The film was shot in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and the little house they used was purchased by Danny Boy O'Connor, of House of Pain (Jump around) He turned it into a "museum" in tribute to the movie.

More useless trivia: Red Hot Chili Peppers bass player, Flea, played one of the Soc's. 

Stay gold, Ponyboy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: The Outsiders Turns 40
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2023, 10:14:14 AM »
Read a piece this morning about the movie, The Outsiders, turning 40.  Still amazing to me that virtually everybody in that film, as far as the main stars, went on to have the careers they did (have) in teh show bizzez. Directed by Francis Ford Coppola, and starred Tom Cruise (Steve Randle), Patrick Swayze (Darrel Curtis), Rob Lowe (Sodapop Curtis), Matt Dillon (Dallas Winston), Ralph Macchio (Johnny Cade), Emelio Estevez (Two-Bit Matthews) and C. Thomas Howell (Ponyboy Curtis).

Useless trivia:  The film was shot in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and the little house they used was purchased by Danny Boy O'Connor, of House of Pain (Jump around) He turned it into a "museum" in tribute to the movie.

More useless trivia: Red Hot Chili Peppers bass player, Flea, played one of the Soc's. 

Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Other than the cast, I never got the allure of this movie. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: The Outsiders Turns 40
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2023, 10:25:42 AM »
Other than the cast, I never got the allure of this movie.

By the way, it's official.  I can't have children.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."