Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Tourney Thread '23

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Tourney Thread '23
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2023, 10:05:37 AM »
The karmic justice of the criminal turds being axed from a tournament they were all (yes, every single one of them) convinced they would win easily is matched only by their hilarious takes after their hopes and dreams were despoiled.  No number 1 seed in recent memory had as easy a path to the finals as those assclowns and their punk ass coach did. Watching them crash and burn was definitely satisfying. 

I will confess to taking an inordinate amount of joy from seeing them dispatched, but not for the reasons I saw espoused in various other online venues:

"Hay, them Aubren's care more bout us losin than they do their own success and failures. SWEEP, bitch. How you like that?"

"Hay, we done won the SEC. That's whut matter most. I remember when Aubren's best team ever in histry didn't get pass the first weekend, dontchu? Mebbe they orta worry bout choking up a second half lead to the SEC CHAMPS, bitch, afore they start talkin bout any other team chokin. I thank I seen us in the Sweet 16. Where wuz Aubren, huh? Sittin on they ass at home!" 

"You know them Aubrens aint nern but skeered. They all knows ol Nate Oats done whooped their fat, sweaty coach. They had a good day or two, but Pearl is done fer. He don't want no more of ol Nate."

And then the most hilarious and least-self aware takes truly made my day.  I saw and heard multiple variations of this same theme:

"We gonna hafta do somethin' bout the NCAA Turment. It ain't right that the best teams ain't playin in the Final Four. Ain't no reason no team havin' one good day orta lemonate the best team in the Kuntry. There orta be some kinda way to give them teams another shot or somethin. This done ruint the Final Four. Won't nobody even care bout it without the bestest team in the Kuntry outta it." 

Just like those fucking morons. 

I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd. I'm trying not to hate them, but the reality is I fucking hate every last one of them. I hate their entitled attitude.  The hate is alive. It grows.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 10:07:25 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
oldautiger,
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2023, 10:24:40 AM »
And then the most hilarious and least-self aware takes truly made my day.  I saw and heard multiple variations of this same theme:

"We gonna hafta do somethin' bout the NCAA Turment. It ain't right that the best teams ain't playin in the Final Four. Ain't no reason no team havin' one good day orta lemonate the best team in the Kuntry. There orta be some kinda way to give them teams another shot or somethin. This done ruint the Final Four. Won't nobody even care bout it without the bestest team in the Kuntry outta it." 

Auburn's own dipshit, WarBlogle, was preaching this exact same thing after the Purdue got bounced in the first round.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2023, 11:10:10 AM »
Auburn's own dipshit, WarBlogle, was preaching this exact same thing after the Purdue got bounced in the first round.

Live look at WarDumble as he crafts his next masterpiece
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2023, 11:15:03 AM »
I really haven't paid any attention to this tournament.  I've had a lot going on.  I remember that just for fun, I picked San Diego State, UConn, FAU and Miami to go to the Final 4. 

Anyone know who is still playing?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2023, 11:18:13 AM »
Well, he molests collies, so....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2023, 11:24:25 AM »

He knows that usually in EVERY sport the best team (big keyword here) at the END of the season usually wins it all, right? Ohhh the horror! change the sport! Give out the trophy based off Week 7 rankings, or Rivals recruiting rankings. This cant stand!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2023, 12:51:08 PM »
Wow.  One of my bama lovin' friends (he, of course, never attended and I'm not sure he's ever been to a game) came up with this gem today. 

"We really orta got closer this year.  I mean the way we been dominatin the SEC for the last ten or fidteen years, we really orta been to a buncha final fours and won a couple of titles. the way nate recruits though, we fiddnda take care of that. Historically the best team in the SEC except maybe kentucky."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2023, 01:23:57 PM »
I really haven't paid any attention to this tournament.  I've had a lot going on.  I remember that just for fun, I picked San Diego State, UConn, FAU and Miami to go to the Final 4. 

Anyone know who is still playing?
In reality, nobody cares who wins this thing....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2023, 02:38:15 PM »
In reality, nobody cares who wins this thing....
I don't care who gets lemonated either as long as I'm on the winning end.

UCONN can have another title, just want Miami to come within 6.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2023, 04:49:15 PM »
I don't care who gets lemonated either as long as I'm on the winning end.

UCONN can have another title, just want Miami to come within 6.

I don't know how any of them are going to make it past #1 seed Alabama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2023, 04:50:47 PM »
I don't know how any of them are going to make it past #1 seed Alabama.
Alabammer will blow them away.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2023, 05:20:11 PM »
Alabammer will blow them away.

Certainly.  No other team can rival their killer instinct.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2023, 09:24:37 AM »
Certainly.  No other team can rival their killer instinct.

Their lineup is a modern day murderer's row.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2023, 12:22:55 PM »
Their lineup is a modern day murderer's row.
Bulls eye
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2023, 12:32:21 PM »
 Brandon Miller always delivers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2023, 12:55:11 PM »
Brandon Miller always delivers.
Best assist and block guy in the league.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2023, 03:14:19 PM »
Tourney's over bitches.
Mods, lock this thread!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2023, 10:46:09 AM »
Last night's victory over da U makes it official.  I will accept your plaudits and laurel wreaths at this time.

For those keeping score, that's a repeat championship.  Threepeat on deck in '24.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

jmar

« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2023, 11:33:33 AM »
Last night's victory over da U makes it official.  I will accept your plaudits and laurel wreaths at this time.

For those keeping score, that's a repeat championship.  Threepeat on deck in '24.
Hat's off!!

Thought UCONN would be in the final four but their regular season finish (4th in Big East) wasn't indicative of their depth nor how they caught fire and trounced everyone in last quarter of competition. Xavier was the only team to beat them twice and Marquette gave them all they could handle as well.

Miami fought hard but the first half deficit was just too steep to overcome.

Will be interesting to see if San Deigo State can fare any better.
I doubt it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions