Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Spring Is In The Air

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Spring Is In The Air
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2023, 05:04:01 PM »
He means the transfer portal. Not to be confused with the trans portal.
Otherwise known as the White House staff
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
oldautiger,
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,djsimp,oldautiger,
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2023, 05:33:59 PM »
People can hate the dude or not, but I think there is a staff in place now that is actually "coaching" and getting the most out of what's the there. Especially a guy like Teejay....has that dude ever had a good coach in college? Like, seriously.
I didn’t want Bucky. I also didn’t want Trump. I’ve been wrong, before . Not very often.

I cannot deny that Bucky has done more and faster than I ever expected, to right the ship.

Long term, who knows? Kaos may be right, again.

Recruiting wise? Off the charts, so far. He created more buzz (sorry buzz) than we’ve ever had. I believe it’ll translate into a top 10 class, probably the next one.

Much more focused on recruiting than Hadley.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2023, 08:34:27 AM »
As far as TJ, "most" still think AU will get a QB from the tranforeous portus.

Not sure why we get in the mindset of first string only though. We need depth. That’s where Bama and uga kills other teams. Tj could end up being an extremely serviceable backup with decent coaching. The thought is also to not have him run as much. He is not a dual threat qb but every qb at auburn since 2017 has been a dual threat qb. They’ve had no choice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2023, 09:24:35 AM »
Not sure why we get in the mindset of first string only though. We need depth. That’s where Bama and uga kills other teams. Tj could end up being an extremely serviceable backup with decent coaching. The thought is also to not have him run as much. He is not a dual threat qb but every qb at auburn since 2017 has been a dual threat qb. They’ve had no choice.

True but I just assume that if the coaches go after a portal guy it will be to push for the starting position. I am pretty sure they have watched film on the current rooms in game abilities. The most average AU fan can see there are issues there. Who knows, there may not be a QB enter the May portal that is any better than what AU has currently.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2023, 09:32:28 AM »
True but I just assume that if the coaches go after a portal guy it will be to push for the starting position. I am pretty sure they have watched film on the current rooms in game abilities. The most average AU fan can see there are issues there. Who knows, there may not be a QB enter the May portal that is any better than what AU has currently.

Still thinking that there is a prayer that McCall graduates and joins the roster this Summer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

djsimp

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2023, 09:42:10 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2023, 09:43:38 AM »
Still thinking that there is a prayer that McCall graduates and joins the roster this Summer.

I would love to hear an update to this. Seems like a hard hill to climb for the young man but who knows. If McCall can do it then it will be clear this kid has moxy all the way around.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2023, 10:22:05 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2023, 11:28:43 AM »
T Reed has some good things to say. His mentioning of Caddys HC job and inspiration was really nice to hear...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2023, 03:26:22 PM »
Judging by the Coach Yahtzees presser yesterday, the TE and OL are doing really well. You couple that with earlier statements, all rooms could be graded with a B+ to A with the exception of the QB and WR room.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2023, 06:05:43 PM »
Locked On is good.

I would ignore war rapport. Those morons will tofu themselves into the whatever the recent popular opinion is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2023, 10:21:30 PM »
Locked On is good.

I would ignore war rapport. Those morons will tofu themselves into the whatever the recent popular opinion is.

Locked On is my morning jam with the kiddo in tow. At 2, she recites the whole intro because she has listened to it every morning for half her life.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2023, 09:03:53 AM »
Locked On is good.

The War Rapport isn't bad. I can see your point. I'm not a big fan on some of the setup there but I do like to hear their varying opinions even amongst themselves. Locked On is my favorite of the channels.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2023, 09:20:16 AM »
Locked On is my morning jam with the kiddo in tow. At 2, she recites the whole intro because she has listened to it every morning for half her life.

YAHTZEE!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2023, 03:59:09 PM »
Not Spring practice related, but the Pro Day was just held.  I'm sure everyone has heard, but if you didn't, Shedrick Jackson ran an "Unofficial" time of 4.25 in the 40.  Also did an 11' foot jump in the broad jump.  Did over 20 reps with 225. 

Now, either this guy sucks at teh routes running, or our former coaching staff sucked at teh coaching. 

I had the opportunity to talk to a Pittsburgh Steelers scout at the 2021 Iron Bowl, and he said John Michael David Samuel Shenker, would likely get a shot in the league. Said he was gym rat, worked his ass off, and had good hands.  In his Pro Day workout, he ran a 4.53 40, and pushed 27 reps on the bench. not bad at 6'4" 250.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2023, 04:55:45 PM »

or our former coaching staff sucked at teh coaching. 

Alex:  I take things that have been proven for $1000.00
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2023, 08:19:08 AM »
Not Spring practice related, but the Pro Day was just held.  I'm sure everyone has heard, but if you didn't, Shedrick Jackson ran an "Unofficial" time of 4.25 in the 40.  Also did an 11' foot jump in the broad jump.  Did over 20 reps with 225. 

Now, either this guy sucks at teh routes running, or our former coaching staff sucked at teh coaching. 

I had the opportunity to talk to a Pittsburgh Steelers scout at the 2021 Iron Bowl, and he said John Michael David Samuel Shenker, would likely get a shot in the league. Said he was gym rat, worked his ass off, and had good hands.  In his Pro Day workout, he ran a 4.53 40, and pushed 27 reps on the bench. not bad at 6'4" 250.

It’s a damn shame he and Owen P had those type athletic numbers and had almost zero coaching during their time. Other than their first year or so while learning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2023, 08:21:53 AM »

His uncle scoffs at this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2023, 11:03:49 AM »
The War Rapport isn't bad. I can see your point. I'm not a big fan on some of the setup there but I do like to hear their varying opinions even amongst themselves. Locked On is my favorite of the channels.
Obviously, you listen to the podcast. If you’d watch the YOUTUBE video, you’d know that all of the War Rapport guys are black.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2023, 03:29:40 PM »
Obviously, you listen to the podcast. If you’d watch the YOUTUBE video, you’d know that all of the War Rapport guys are black.

Woogie Boogie!

LockedOn fellas were saying the light might be finally coming on for Holden.  That he has strung together consistent days of looking like a contender in practice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions