Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Peripheral

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
The Peripheral
« on: March 10, 2023, 03:07:04 PM »
What the absolute hell?

I tried watching this.  Watched through the entire first season.  And I honestly have no idea what I saw.  Part of it was fatigue, because I kept going to sleep on it, but that wasn't the main reason. 

Chloe Grace Moretz attempts to escape Hit Girl and move on to more adult roles. She's fine here as an actress. The rest is a massive, muddled, mish-mash, jumbled pile of pretentious puffery masquerading as serious sci-fi. 

I had to turn the captions on in order to understand anything anybody was saying, except- that is - for the overbaked "southrn acceyents" many of the characters adopted.

Honestly?  It. Fucking. Sucks. The whole thing is a fetid pile of nonsensical garbage that treats itself like it has something profound to say. In the end, it's just stupid. 

The exceedingly verbose dialogue, the shitty overacting by all the british/irish/whatthefuckever characters, the incomprehensible plot threads, the wonky science all conspired to destroy the entire show.  It also lacked exposition.  Nothing now or then was every truly explained well which gutted the character's motives.   At least the scenes and settings were good and shot well.  That was the only thing that worked.

Everything but Chloe (who's still a baby in my mind, therefore I can't comment on her attractiveness or lack thereof) and the settings were horrible - worst of all the bald black overly enunciating and needlessly wordy woman. That bug-eyed bat was A-fucking-trocious. I loathed every second she was on the screen.  Almost as bad was the trans/pans/whatever-looking police 'woman' Deloris Flatbottom (or whatever her name was). 

I kept trying to convince myself I liked it as I slogged through the whole eight episodes over the last few weeks. I kept trying to rationalize that I just wasn't trying hard enough to understand all the pseudo-scientific hooboo-jooboo that was going on.  But I didn't like it. At all.  If I'm not 'smart' enough to get it?  So be it.  I fucking hate it.  I wouldn't have watched anything past the first episode or two except for Chloe G.  If there's a second season, and it set up that way.... I 100% will not bother.  I have no interest whatsoever in seeing any of these characters again. Ever.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 03:13:05 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: The Peripheral
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2023, 03:31:03 PM »
I liked it. Can't wait to see what happens.
I hear they make money from a tomato farm next season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.