Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Paul T. Goldman

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Paul T. Goldman
« on: February 18, 2023, 11:30:15 PM »
One of the weirdest things I've ever seen in my life. 

Paul T. Goodman's wife had an affair. Maybe more than one. They got divorced. Couldn't be just because he was a weirdo fuck. Had to be more. He found "evidence" she was a prostitute and part of an international sex trafficking ring. He wrote a book about it and spent a decade badgering hollywood producers to make a movie out of his life. One finally agrees.

Eventually, after years of starts and stops, it ends up on Peacock.  Paul T. Goldman (not his real name) plays himself in a six-part series that bounces between the movie Paul wants to make, a behind-the-scenes documentary about the making of the film and an exposition/exploration of all the "evidence" Paul collected to make his case. 

Was his adulterous wife part of a wide-spread sex ring with tentacles that reached across the globe or was she just a bored housewife grifter who liked to fuck and scam desperate men out of their money. 

Paul is one of the weirdest goobers to ever be on the screen. He's naïve, he's foppish, he's absurd. The man is absolutely clueless about how the world works. He's the least likely "hero" imaginable. He's so clearly deluded about his position in the world, and how unique his story is that he's spent a huge chunk of his life pursing it. 

The fact is, it's not that interesting. His wife had a boyfriend while they were married. She may have had several lovers. They got a divorce. Before he discovered the "international sex ring"  angle, it was a story that happens to men hundreds of times a day. 

I doubt the end result was the heroic "wimp to warrior" story Paul intended to tell.  As the onion is peeled the story becomes more and more complex - and Paul (in my opinion) becomes less and less sympathetic. 

He's a fucking idiot. A complete dope. He does himself no favors in allowing his story to be told. 

I really felt sad for him.  He's obviously lonely, clearly gullible and wants desperately be be relevant. 

This show was like watching a train wreck in slow motion and not being able to look away.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.