Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

BBall Season is UPON US!!!!!!!

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: BBall Season is UPON US!!!!!!!
« Reply #240 on: March 10, 2023, 04:20:38 PM »
I think the SEC is about as average a Power Conference as there is.  Bama is the cream of the crop this year, and they lost to UConn by 15, Gonzaga by 10, and the worst team in the Big 12, Oklahoma, flat out went in dry.  Speaking of the Big 12, the SEC was 3-7 in the Challenge.

Tennessee looked as skrong as anyone first half of the season, but they've been a whole lot of meh the rest of the way.

Kentucky?  They've lost 10 games, including to USCe at home.

A&M has been the sleeper all year.  Nothing impressive about them, but they just keep finding ways to win.

Having said that, there will certainly be one or two teams that make a run.  There always are.  Arky was that team last year.  I think Bama went to the final 8 last year too.  But I believe the notion we're eating our own, comes from the fact that the conference is basically a shit load of very average teams.  Which is not a bad thing this year, because I think that's the case across college basketball.

Are there 64 teams better than Auburn?  That's not the question, because 31 teams get automatic bids for winning their conference tourney. There's a tiny handful of teams who have put a little separation between themselves and the rest of the pack.  IMO, that's Houston, UCLA and Kansas. The rest seem really average to me, and you could probably lump Auburn in there.  If they don't, I won't lose sleep.

Lot of those 31 are already in the 64. JS

BTDubbs....the matchup logic can be played all day long. Take Oklahoma, Zaga and their bad losses and good wins and run them on down the line and you'll have yourself twisted in a knot in about 4 mins trying to figure out who is really good. I hate Bama but Oklahoma was an anomaly. Our Final 4 team got the shit kicked out of it a few weeks before the tourney by Ky. Bama also beat Houston who was #1. We lost to Uconn last year before vaulting to number 1. And on and on and on..... 1$ to Stephen Bishop for the ouldes.

Good teams with potential to go deep (not that they will):
Bama
Kentucky
Tenn
Aggie

Average or slightly better than avg teams Tourney Worthy:
Arky - although I do think Arky could catch fire with Nick Smith back
Auburn
Miss St is IFFY
Vandy is IFFY

Mediocre:
Mizzou
Florida

Trash:
Ole Piss
LSU
Georgia
USCe

On conferences, most thought preseason the Sec would be close to the Big 12. It is not but I put the Big 10 and SEC 2A and 2B, maybe a slight edge to the Big Ten right this minute.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 04:22:17 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #241 on: March 10, 2023, 04:28:42 PM »
I have expectations now, damn it!!!  It's Bruce's fault.

You just shut up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #242 on: March 10, 2023, 05:21:47 PM »
Lot of those 31 are already in the 64. JS

BTDubbs....the matchup logic can be played all day long. Take Oklahoma, Zaga and their bad losses and good wins and run them on down the line and you'll have yourself twisted in a knot in about 4 mins trying to figure out who is really good. I hate Bama but Oklahoma was an anomaly. Our Final 4 team got the shit kicked out of it a few weeks before the tourney by Ky. Bama also beat Houston who was #1. We lost to Uconn last year before vaulting to number 1. And on and on and on..... 1$ to Stephen Bishop for the ouldes.

Good teams with potential to go deep (not that they will):
Bama
Kentucky
Tenn
Aggie

Average or slightly better than avg teams Tourney Worthy:
Arky - although I do think Arky could catch fire with Nick Smith back
Auburn
Miss St is IFFY
Vandy is IFFY

Mediocre:
Mizzou
Florida

Trash:
Ole Piss
LSU
Georgia
USCe

On conferences, most thought preseason the Sec would be close to the Big 12. It is not but I put the Big 10 and SEC 2A and 2B, maybe a slight edge to the Big Ten right this minute.

Oh yeah?  Well, what about Fordham's big win over La Salle?  Huh? Didn't see that coming, didja?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."