Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Stay In Your Lane, Bro!

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Stay In Your Lane, Bro!
« on: February 10, 2023, 12:13:13 PM »
Just a snippet from a hilarious piece by Jimmy Failla, about Jesus Chicken introducing some kind of veggie sammich.  He's saying, do what you do, and don't stray from what works.

The point being that Chick-fil-A is adored the world over for world-class chicken and they should act like it.

There's no need for the marketing team to get all insecure and worry about the vegans.

Trust me, vegans already have an option. It's called SADNESS.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Stay In Your Lane, Bro!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2023, 01:46:28 PM »
Just a snippet from a hilarious piece by Jimmy Failla, about Jesus Chicken introducing some kind of veggie sammich.  He's saying, do what you do, and don't stray from what works.

The point being that Chick-fil-A is adored the world over for world-class chicken and they should act like it.

There's no need for the marketing team to get all insecure and worry about the vegans.

Trust me, vegans already have an option. It's called SADNESS.

I know its a joke, but many have zero clue about business sense. If you can make money selling something, you do it. Big IF...which is why....

Its being TESTED. If it TESTS well enough to see any remote profitability that is worth it, they will sell it. If it does not TEST well, they will not. Its that freaking simple. BK, Ruby Tuesday, Red Robin and many others have done the same. Some keep them around, some don't. As long as all options are available, I couldn't care less.

Its when the main staple options get replaced by these that I get miffed. But thats rare. Chrysler is a good example for that with their Hemi Sports Cars going to electric with ZERO option for gas powered.

FYI - MOST items on most fast food menus are vegan/vegetarian already. Last I checked fries, bread, ketchup, dressing, pickles, lemonade all had no meat in them. This would be just another brick in the wall. Im sure Tucker Carlson will have an entire show though tonight on Fauxnews to expose the liberal agenda and conspiracy.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 01:48:40 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2023, 01:55:57 PM »
I know its a joke, but many have zero clue about business sense. If you can make money selling something, you do it. Big IF...which is why....

Its being TESTED. If it TESTS well enough to see any remote profitability that is worth it, they will sell it. If it does not TEST well, they will not. Its that freaking simple. BK, Ruby Tuesday, Red Robin and many others have done the same. Some keep them around, some don't. As long as all options are available, I couldn't care less.

Its when the main staple options get replaced by these that I get miffed. But thats rare. Chrysler is a good example for that with their Hemi Sports Cars going to electric with ZERO option for gas powered.

FYI - MOST items on most fast food menus are vegan/vegetarian already. Last I checked fries, bread, ketchup, dressing, pickles, lemonade all had no meat in them. This would be just another brick in the wall. Im sure Tucker Carlson will have an entire show though tonight on Fauxnews to expose the liberal agenda and conspiracy.

Agree with all of this.

Plus, I love cauliflower and hope this motherfucker makes it to FL for me to try.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2023, 02:48:14 PM »
Agree with all of this.

Plus, I love cauliflower and hope this motherfucker makes it to FL for me to try.

You two sure are agreeing a lot lately.

Human sacrifice.  Cats and dogs living together.  Mass hysteria!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2023, 03:01:48 PM »
You two sure are agreeing a lot lately.

Human sacrifice.  Cats and dogs living together.  Mass hysteria!!!

We may drink a zima and hump later. I dunno.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2023, 03:05:51 PM »
Agree with all of this.

I like roasted cauliflower in the oven cooked to death. I hate it steamed. And I loathe broccoli. But I lot of people like both.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2023, 03:26:50 PM »
I like roasted cauliflower in the oven cooked to death. I hate it steamed. And I loathe broccoli. But I lot of people like both.

Have you tried roasting your broccoli?  Changes the flavor ENTIRELY.  I love it in all forms, but roasted with some olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes?  I'll slap my dead grandmas for that shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2023, 03:53:03 PM »
There is a SHITload of difference between eating cauliflower or broccoli or hummus or soybeans and pretending ANY of that fucking shit is meat.   

"There's money to be made" is the worst excuse for doing something subversive. I don't want the dirty freaky hippie fucks that pretend cauliflower is meat hanging around my chick-fil-a. They stink. 

The grand plan of this is to eventually have us eating motherfucking crickets, worms and chemically-enhanced vegetables instead of beef, pork and chicken. 

Well. Fuck that. 

If you're doing that? Getting the Beyond Burger at the King or some other ridiculous shit like that?  Eh. Fuck you too.

I'd say more, but I need to get to the grill.  I've got ribs, wings and a couple of pork chops charring.   
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 03:55:15 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2023, 04:02:36 PM »
There is a SHITload of difference between eating cauliflower or broccoli or hummus or soybeans and pretending ANY of that fucking shit is meat.   

"There's money to be made" is the worst excuse for doing something subversive. I don't want the dirty freaky hippie fucks that pretend cauliflower is meat hanging around my chick-fil-a. They stink. 

The grand plan of this is to eventually have us eating motherfucking crickets, worms and chemically-enhanced vegetables instead of beef, pork and chicken. 

Well. Fuck that. 

If you're doing that? Getting the Beyond Burger at the King or some other ridiculous shit like that?  Eh. Fuck you too.

I'd say more, but I need to get to the grill.  I've got ribs, wings and a couple of pork chops charring.

Momma says Kaos is ornery because he has all them teeth and no toothbrush. 

Pork or beef ribs?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2023, 04:07:01 PM »
Momma says Kaos is ornery because he has all them teeth and no toothbrush. 

Pork or beef ribs?

Poke ribs, brotha.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2023, 04:14:47 PM »

Well. Fuck that. 

I feel you bro, but eating Cauliflower (and advertising it as eating Cauliflower - nothing more nothing less) is subversive? I know a ton of people who eat it that are not in that "weirdo" demographic.

Like I was telling Wes, I am one of those who wants to eat that stuff more as I get older purely for health or caloric purposes but its hard for me to because I really don't like it in its raw form. Dress it up, flavor it, cook the shit out of it, whatever? And I am more inclined to eat it assuming it can still be kept semi healthy. I love the Spicy Original but I know I don't always need that. Especially if its late at night.

Now, the Beyond stuff and calling it a burger? Im right there with you. Ive always asked why would a vegan want to eat something that resembled meat....but I digress....At the end of the day, this is just a potential market being tapped...nothing more or less. If its not there, they won't go beyond testing it. I think its Buffalo Wild Wings that has a dish called "Cauliflower Wings" - I laughed at it at first. Then someone in my party ordered it. It was badass. Cooked perfectly in buffalo sauce. Not one resemblance to a chicken wing nor did they really try to say it was. I am ok with that.

I give Tucker Carlson 2-3 days max to jump all over this though and go down the rabbit hole of loonville.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2023, 04:16:20 PM »
Poke ribs, brotha.

There isn't even a choice IMHO. Always pork when it comes to Ribs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2023, 04:20:10 PM »
There isn't even a choice IMHO. Always pork when it comes to Ribs.

My wife is my Turkish delight, but not the Muslim type (kind of rhymed).  Even so, culturally they are not big on consuming pork.  We do beef ribs at my crib (kind of rhymed again).  She will choose a pork shoulder over a beef brisket any day though, the hypocrite.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2023, 04:33:22 PM »
For ribs, it's pork. 

If a beef brisket is done right, that's hard to beat.  But it's so hit and miss with that cut.  I get it right about one out of three tries.

Back on the cauliflower.  We've been doing a lot of cauliflower rice.  Comes in a bag.  Put it in a skillet with some EVOO and whatever seasoning you want.  Pretty damn good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2023, 08:15:20 PM »
Have you tried roasting your broccoli?  Changes the flavor ENTIRELY.  I love it in all forms, but roasted with some olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes?  I'll slap my dead grandmas for that shit.

grated parmesan
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2023, 11:41:45 AM »
grated parmesan

Gross oversight on my part.  Yes, add the undisputed king of cheeses to your roasted broccoli.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions