Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

WAB

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
WAB
« on: February 03, 2023, 08:51:12 PM »
Wrong about Bucky. I was.

I still am not a big Hew fan and I admittedly wanted Kiffin. And I still think that Kaos is a fine looking man, so I have no qualms with his protest.

I’m still not planning on renewing season tix but it’s not a protest of Bucky. I’m sick of college athletics in general and the AD hire of the transgender lover really hurt my feelings. That’s not the AU that I remember or love. It’s just weird fuckers. Who wants to have an AD with a transgender son? Not me.

Having said all of that, he hired Bucky and so far, it seems that Bucky gets it.

He could still turn into Gus 2.0 and I echoed Kaos’ feelings about him being a charlatan. But recruiting? Maybe the biggest contrast in AU history.

I don’t doubt the rumbling that Haskins did not have booster buy in thus no NIL. I also remember him as an “I’m gonna coach them up” kind of guy.

That’s like saying someone could take Token or GH and get them to post at my level. Ain’t happening without natural talent and he thought “he” could make up the difference. Naw.

Bucky doesn’t even know his team yet because he hasn’t spent ANY significant time in the office since he was hired up through the Senior Bowl. He has been on the road recruiting.

Over 200 at Junior day versus 20 something last season.

Top 5 in the portal rankings. It is likely that the bulk of the O line will be portal and/or JUCO. And almost assuredly 2 deep will fit into that.

He gets it. And it doesn’t mean he’s taking bad kids or just anything. Time will tell us what kind of off the field issues we experience. But I’m impressed with a drastic turn around and the attention he’s putting into recruiting. 180 is the best term.

He seems sincere.

I was wrong, regardless. AU may not win more games (although I certainly believe a winning season will happen) but he could still be the right choice. That’s certainly what it seems to me. Personal feelings aside.

I was wrong about Pearl. That was idiotic but I was concerned about the baggage. Now? I love the guy. The winning certainly helps but he’s contagious whether we win or lose. I’m a believer in Pearl. If he were an horses ass I would not be. Winning is not the only thing. Character and personality go a long way.

Bucky says the right things and works his ass of on the recruiting trail. He isn’t running stadiums with the team, though.

I’m willing to overlook the rape of the cheerleader at Ole Miss.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: WAB
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2023, 09:06:30 PM »
LOL at the people still dying on that hill of “Haskins didn’t have booster buy-in and got sabotaged”. It defies all logic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2023, 10:17:01 PM »
^^See what I mean?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2023, 11:00:38 PM »

I’m willing to overlook the rape of the cheerleader at Ole Miss.

I'm with you.  Just can't overlook the molestation of all those Thai teens.
friendly
funny
dislike
Members reacted friendly:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2023, 09:41:34 AM »
^^See what I mean?

yeah yeah im tracking with you but...Its just hilarious that there are actual people that think that was the issue.

Red flags were everywhere in Boise before he set foot in Lee County. Red Flags were everywhere before the "coup" (snicker).
friendly
funny
dislike
Members reacted friendly:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2023, 04:15:49 PM »
Expecting big things from our quarterback whispering dairy farmer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,WiregrassTiger,
No reactions