Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2023 War Tigers

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: 2023 War Tigers
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2023, 12:22:47 PM »
This is baseball.  It isn't supposed to be fun.

There is no crying either...yet that is the result here lately for fans...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2023, 10:24:22 AM »
We need a pitcher...Not a belly itcher!

This is a fairly talented team. However, the pitching will keep us from making any noise.
Maybe we get that one good guy back and it makes a difference. But I don't see it happening.

I feel like the basketball guards are pitching for the baseball team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2023, 10:57:36 AM »
Our baseball team is:

Losing 2 of 3 to one of the worse Bama teams in decades is incomprehensible.  Could have lost all three.  Up 8-0 in the bottom of the ninth in the series opener, our relievers hit three, walked two, gave up two hits and had the tying run at the plate before finally getting out of it. 

Then we simpered out of the last two like a pack of drizzling pussies. Three total runs across two games.

That's SHITTY baseball. It's dysfunctional. It's almost unwatchable.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2023, 05:09:50 PM »
Solid series win over #1 LSU...with a run-rule rubber-match win.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2023, 07:01:11 PM »
Solid series win over #1 LSU...with a run-rule rubber-match win.

Coming around at the right time of the season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2023, 12:48:27 AM »
Coming around at the right time of the season.

The pitching staff has grown leaps and bounds this season.
I would have never believed it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2023, 10:42:11 AM »
The pitching staff has grown leaps and bounds this season.
I would have never believed it.

Watched all three games.  Holding LSU to a three-game run total that's right at their per-game average?  That's a pretty decent weekend.  LSU came into the series averaging about ten runs a game. They'd scored 55 in a six-game sweep of Alabama and Ole Miss. Left after scoring just 11 all weekend.

All season LSU has delivered big innings in situations where they had runners on, especially in one-out situations. Didn't happen last weekend. They had baserunners, but the big innings were thwarted.  Auburn escaped several bases loaded spots with some gutsy pitching.

It was an interesting series.  Game 1, LSU pitching dominated, but AU limited them to just five hits. 

Game 2, LSU looked dominant until their pitching lost the strike zone and walks opened the door. After that it seemed like the momentum flipped and AU remembered how to hit. 

Game 3 was more of the same.  321 walks in the first inning and from that point on, AU was the better team. LSU never challenged.   

Other than Skeene, Skeeve or whatever his name was Game 1, AU looked better across the board, especially from the mound.  Third base scared me. That dude gave them opportunities with some really bad plays, but settled down. 

Hard for me to figure out how a team could look so bad against an anemic Alabama team, barely scrape by a putrid Mississippi State (giving up 11 runs in back-to-back games) and then play like a Top 5 team for the next two series. 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 10:46:13 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2023, 12:49:35 PM »
Watched all three games.  Holding LSU to a three-game run total that's right at their per-game average?  That's a pretty decent weekend.  LSU came into the series averaging about ten runs a game. They'd scored 55 in a six-game sweep of Alabama and Ole Miss. Left after scoring just 11 all weekend.

All season LSU has delivered big innings in situations where they had runners on, especially in one-out situations. Didn't happen last weekend. They had baserunners, but the big innings were thwarted.  Auburn escaped several bases loaded spots with some gutsy pitching.

It was an interesting series.  Game 1, LSU pitching dominated, but AU limited them to just five hits. 

Game 2, LSU looked dominant until their pitching lost the strike zone and walks opened the door. After that it seemed like the momentum flipped and AU remembered how to hit. 

Game 3 was more of the same.  321 walks in the first inning and from that point on, AU was the better team. LSU never challenged.   

Other than Skeene, Skeeve or whatever his name was Game 1, AU looked better across the board, especially from the mound.  Third base scared me. That dude gave them opportunities with some really bad plays, but settled down. 

Hard for me to figure out how a team could look so bad against an anemic Alabama team, barely scrape by a putrid Mississippi State (giving up 11 runs in back-to-back games) and then play like a Top 5 team for the next two series.

If you look at what Butch lost from last years great squad, it was truly going to be a rebuild for a while but he seems to have them in sync now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2023, 01:47:37 PM »
If you look at what Butch lost from last years great squad, it was truly going to be a rebuild for a while but he seems to have them in sync now.

Personally, I preferred the Backstreet Boys.  But, you do you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2023, 01:53:49 PM »

Yore tearin up my heart
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2023, 02:12:44 PM »
Yore tearin up my heart

Oh please.  You're larger than life.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2023, 02:24:34 PM »

pedophile and masturbation.  interesting.

anyway...yeah great series win after another one the previous week.  i'm still skeptical on the pitching.  butch has been massaging that rotation and finding the right pieces for the puzzle.  still skeptical but the pitching squad has improved...just not sure the lugs are tighten enough to make a comfortable ride.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2023, 02:36:55 PM »
pedophile and masturbation.  interesting.

anyway...yeah great series win after another one the previous week.  i'm still skeptical on the pitching.  butch has been massaging that rotation and finding the right pieces for the puzzle.  still skeptical but the pitching squad has improved...just not sure the lugs are tighten enough to make a comfortable ride.

I'm doing me.  Literally.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2023, 02:45:43 PM »

You’re massaging your rotation?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2023, 08:07:42 AM »
It's ok, big guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2023, 10:33:38 AM »
Another series win.   Ole Piss sucks but….

Back to back dominant performances in yesterday’s double header. The Rebel Black Ackbar Bears were never in either game.

Been a long time since a series win in Oxford. 

I hate when hope starts to creep in there. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2023, 08:44:16 PM »
Another series win.   Ole Piss sucks but….

Back to back dominant performances in yesterday’s double header. The Rebel Black Ackbar Bears were never in either game.

Been a long time since a series win in Oxford. 

I hate when hope starts to creep in there.

Let that hope fill your heart. Football too, please sir. Will be a better board during the season if you are part of the discussion on the resurgence.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2023, 08:41:16 AM »
Let that hope fill your heart. Football too, please sir.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2023, 09:24:59 AM »

Not for long. I’ve pulled you back before. Snake is right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2023, 12:00:57 PM »
Not for long. I’ve pulled you back before. Snake is right.

I’m really done this time.  It’s better for everybody that way. 

Baseball looks pretty solid.  Basketball is inspiring.   That’s enough. 

BTW? LSU blew a 13-4 lead over MSU and lost yesterday.  They are tanking at the worst time. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions