Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2023 War Tigers

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
2023 War Tigers
« on: February 02, 2023, 05:46:14 PM »
The season cranks up in just over two weeks, with a 3 game home series against the Indiana Hoosiers.  The pre-conference schedule includes a trip out to L.A. for a 3 game set against USC.  They finish the pre-conference with Georgia Tech. 30 conference games, starting with the Razor Pigs.  No games this year against Tennessee, Kentucky or Vanderbilt.

It looks like we have a lot of experience returning in the field, and a good bit in the bullpen.  I don't recall enough about our starters last year to know what we have coming back.

Despite a good record and a nice run in the tourney last year, nobody thinks very much of us.  The preseason AP Poll has us at #37.  LSU and Florida hold the two top spots, with A&M, Tennessee, Arkansas and Vanderbilt all in the top 10.  Looks like the SEC will be stacked again. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: 2023 War Tigers
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2023, 11:05:25 AM »
Tigers took 2 of 3 from Indiana.  8-4 and 6-1 in the first two games, with great all around pitching. Rough outing for the starter and first reliever in the 3rd game, as the Hoosiers smoked us 11-2.

Tonight, they travel to play North Alabama (1-2), then it's out to L.A. for a 3 game series with USC. (3-0)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 11:43:08 AM »
Tigers go to 3-1 with a 13-1 win over UNA.  Major storm brings major change.  USC is coming to Auburn because of a YUGE storm hitting the left coast.  Both coaches and admins really wanted to play, so they scrambled to cancel flights and get new ones booked.  Would love to see a game, but don’t know if the schedule will allow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2023, 11:14:06 AM »
Tigers go to 3-1 with a 13-1 win over UNA.  Major storm brings major change.  USC is coming to Auburn because of a YUGE storm hitting the left coast.  Both coaches and admins really wanted to play, so they scrambled to cancel flights and get new ones booked.  Would love to see a game, but don’t know if the schedule will allow.

it’s time to stand up to mrs. snags and get your balls back…until then get in the kitchen and make her a sandwich. 

it’ll be a great series. glad the teams were able to make it work.   f the pac12
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2023, 11:27:58 AM »
it’s time to stand up to mrs. snags and get your balls back…until then get in the kitchen and make her a sandwich. 

it’ll be a great series. glad the teams were able to make it work.   f the pac12

I've got my balls back.  Problem is, I'm old now and they're pretty much useless.  Just kind of hang there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2023, 04:06:17 PM »
I've got my balls back.  Problem is, I'm old now and they're pretty much useless.  Just kind of hang there.

Exactly why I refuse to climb fences any more.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2023, 10:19:11 PM »
Was at the game today. Bizzaro finish. Tie. And before that a run called back for usc for not touching home. Just weird.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2023, 10:13:52 AM »
Three game sweep of Lipscomb this weekend, puts the Tigers at 9-1-1.  6 more tune ups before they enter conference play on the road against Arky.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2023, 12:48:26 PM »
Wins this week over UAB (4-1) and Jacksonville State (6-3) put the Tiggers at 11-1-1. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2023, 02:14:18 PM »
Wins this week over UAB (4-1)

Bill Clark reportedly declined interest in the Auburn job that isn't open during the 7th inning while in attendance.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2023, 03:40:29 PM »
Bill Clark reportedly declined interest in the Auburn job that isn't open during the 7th inning while in attendance.
He would have accepted, but his back is still healing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2023, 04:03:19 PM »
He would have accepted, but his back is still healing.

Did I tell you about the time Bill Clark won the World Series with a grand slam on two broken legs?  It only took him 18 minutes to round the bases.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2023, 04:58:26 PM »
After dropping 2 out of 3 this past weekend to SE Louisiana, the Tigers stood at 12-3-1.  I turned to the game last night against Georgia Tech, and they were already down 7-0 in like the 3rd inning. 

Came back and won with a walk off single in the bottom of the 12th, to take a 12-11 win.  They had 20 hits last night. Gave up 22, but who's counting.  13-3-1.

Headed to Arkansas for 3 this weekend. Shit's about to get real.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2023, 12:01:50 PM »
Haven't updated in a while.  The Dudes went out to Fayettenam, and got a beat down, dropping all 3 games.  A midweek win against Samford, then took the first two from Fuck Georgia.  Had a tight game going late in the third game until FUGA scored....cough, cough.....16 runs in one inning to take a 24-7 win.  Tiggers scored about that many and smoked UNA last night. 

They sit at 17-7-1 (2-4).  It don't be gettin' any easier from here, as they travel to Gainesville, to face #2 Florida this weekend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2023, 09:47:04 AM »
18-9-1 (3-6) after dropping two of three in Gainesville. Took the first game 10-1.  Encouraging!  Got the shit licked out of them the next two. 

Anywayz, headed to the Ham tonight to face the Dragons.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2023, 10:28:38 AM »
18-9-1 (3-6) after dropping two of three in Gainesville. Took the first game 10-1.  Encouraging!  Got the shit licked out of them the next two. 

Anywayz, headed to the Ham tonight to face the Dragons.

I got a feeling this will be another average year for the baseballs...
I'm not sure if we are just not getting the recruits, or if we may have hit our ceiling.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2023, 10:44:40 AM »
I got a feeling this will be another average year for the baseballs...
I'm not sure if we are just not getting the recruits, or if we may have hit our ceiling.

I think the hitting has been pretty solid.  They've got Ike Irish hitting something like .426.  Bryson Ware is hitting .396 with 14 HR and 38 RBI.  Several more hitting over .300.  The pitching is where it goes south.  10 guys with ERA's over 6.00
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2023, 11:01:11 AM »
I think the hitting has been pretty solid.  They've got Ike Irish hitting something like .426.  Bryson Ware is hitting .396 with 14 HR and 38 RBI.  Several more hitting over .300.  The pitching is where it goes south.  10 guys with ERA's over 6.00

Yep, our guys are out there throwing batting practice.  Too Butch needs to let them know that the goal is for the other team to miss the ball swinging.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
CCTAU,
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2023, 11:02:09 AM »
Yep, our guys are out there throwing batting practice.  Too Butch needs to let them know that the goal is for the other team to miss the ball swinging.

Well, what fun is that?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2023, 11:07:19 AM »
Well, what fun is that?

This is baseball.  It isn't supposed to be fun.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.