Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

NIL...I Don't Get It

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
NIL...I Don't Get It
« on: February 03, 2023, 03:54:32 PM »
Listening to sports talk at lunch, and they were listing the Top 100 recruits at several schools, Bama, FUGA, Texas etc.  They were reading off each one's NIL value.  I just looked up something on our basketball signee, Aden Holloway, and they had an NIL value listed for him at $151K.

Where are these figures coming from?  Are these guys already getting, or being promised this money?  Or is this some service estimating a "value"? 

And just how does a collective work?  The school sets up the fund, and anyone can contribute. Okay, but who decides what players get how much?  And how can a school just flat out get up a bunch of money and pay a player?  I thought the athlete had to at least do something for the money.  A commercial.  Autograph signings. Nude photo shoots.

I mean, it looks like all rules have been thrown out the window and it comes right back to the program with the deepest pockets wins again. What am I missing?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: NIL...I Don't Get It
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2023, 08:19:24 PM »
You really do not know shit about NIL. That’s embarrassing.
I would just keep it to myself if I were that  big of a dumbass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com