Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Reason Why Fannin Wasn't In The Game On Last Drive

The Reason Why Fannin Wasn't In The Game On Last Drive
« on: November 15, 2008, 04:37:56 PM »
Mario Fannin has been rather piss poor when it comes to pass blocking.  Tubs and Co. knew that if they put him in on the last drive, he wouldn't have been able to stay in the backfield.  He would have had to go out and run a route.  He would have had to have the ball in his hands at some point of the drive.  Since Fannin had a couple of Reggie Bush-like touchdown runs, Georgia would have HAD to double coverage him.  So, he probably wouldn't have been open anyway. 

Don't worry that double covering Fannin would have allowed our other receivers get open. 

Don't worry that Fannin was juking six-seven defenders on some runs.

Don't worry that if it wasn't for Mario Fannin, we might have had ZERO points today. 

Don't worry that the decision led to an L. 

It was strategy NOT to have your best player in on the last drive.  I admire whoever made that decision.  Whoever decided that Mario Fannin - the beast that has been caged up for most of his career; the human highlight reel that was saved for the 11th game of the season; the player who gave our offense the big spark it needed to compete today - whoever decided to sit Mario Fannin on that last drive should DEFINITELY be kept on staff for next year.  They, my friends, understand football.  Keep your best player on the sidelines because he can't block and they'll double cover him when he goes out for a pass. 

FUCK.  FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUC KFUCVN FUCK FUV VUFUCK FUCK FUCK FUC SHIST CFUCK SHIT SHIT HSITHI FUCK. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: The Reason Why Fannin Wasn't In The Game On Last Drive
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 04:56:37 PM »
I personally think that you are giving Fanin way too much credit. Reggie Bush like? He made a good couple of runs but come on dude. I actually thought the play calling in the 4th quarter was great!

I am encouraged. Burns is improving and made a couple of good throws. Fanin looked good. Tate looked good. OL made few mistakes and for the most part played well. Auburns problem is we don't have a big play maker on the outside. We just had no one to throw the ball to on the last play of the game...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 05:14:39 PM »
I personally think that you are giving Fanin way too much credit. Reggie Bush like? He made a good couple of runs but come on dude. I actually thought the play calling in the 4th quarter was great!

I am encouraged. Burns is improving and made a couple of good throws. Fanin looked good. Tate looked good. OL made few mistakes and for the most part played well. Auburns problem is we don't have a big play maker on the outside. We just had no one to throw the ball to on the last play of the game...

Maybe you're right.  But, he still was the "it" guy for our offense today.  With 2 minutes left, I think your best bet is to hit him over the middle.  Let him make a play.  You've got time if you get stopped. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 06:56:27 PM »
It gets better. 

It turns out that I wasn't paying attention.  It wasn't just the last drive.  He didn't play the last 21 offensive snaps.  Why not? 

"He just (pause) didn't play," says Tuberville. 

They claimed that Ben Tate was running the ball well, so they left him in.   Unless my eyes deceived me, I didn't see a whole lot from Tate.  I did see some excellent runs and catches by Super Mario as he will now be called by me. 

Maybe I'm just never satisfied....

I just reread the article.  In my fit of rage, I misunderstood it. 

However...

Tubs said that Fannin didn't play the last 21 plays because "Ben Tate was running the ball well, so...."  That was his answer, next question.

Why didn't Brad "We're going to win by a good amount of points" Lester play?  "He just (pause) didn't play." 

Superstar Ben Tate averaged 2.6 yards per carry.  I'm still mad.  Things just don't make sense.  For some reason, we buy into the idea that Tuberville knows what's really going on and doesn't want to tell us.  Some people think that's okay. 
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 07:33:17 PM by townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 11:28:08 PM »
For once THS...you and I are 100% on the same page. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 09:30:13 AM »
Doesn't it seem like its always the same bullshit?  Get some new lines or something...

We didn't play Kenny Irons against Ga. Tech and got our ass handed to us because "Kenny didn't block well and didn't understand the protection schemes."  Yeah, he would have just run their dicks off and we wouldn't have needed to throw 400 passes and 19 interceptions.  Yeah...

We kept playing Daniel Cobb because Jason Campbell didn't get the playbook.  Couldn't understand the schemes. 

We got beat by YYZ so we're going to "simplify the playbook." 

Buffalo kept it close, but we weren't showing anything. Just playing vanilla. 

You know what?  I'm sick of all of that shit.  I loathe Nick Saban, but a little of his "fuck you and you and you and you too" would go a long way with this program. 

If we were ever playing vanilla -- which I doubt -- I don't ever want to do that again.  I want to play chocolate, strawberry, rocky road, pumpkin, butter pecan and lemon.  Beat teams unconscious.

It just seems to me that I hear the same excuses and justifications over and over and over and we NEVER learn. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 11:23:04 AM »
I agree with Townhall too.  I kept asking my buddy, where the fuck is Fannin?  I don't understand leaving the only playmaker that has emerged on this offense on the sideline when the game was on the line.  I also don't understand a couple of play calls in the fourth quarter, like on 4th and 3 we go for 23 and turn the ball over on downs.  Whe the FUCK didn't they call a qb draw?  Fuck ensminger.  I've also gotta give Paul Rhodes a big FUCK YOU for this one too.  The O finally gave us the lead late in the game, and his D couldn't stop em for us, again.  That's two for the D, LSU and UGA.  Thanks guys.

I was impressed with Kodi Burns though.  Imagine how he would be playing and leading this team if he had been the starter from day one. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 11:33:28 AM »
I think he's done.  There's no other way to explain the end of this video. 

http://www.auburnundercover.com/news/articles/2008/11/15/video-tubervilles-take-on-loss-to-georgia 

He's dejected.  He's depressed.  He's given up.  He doesn't know how to answer the questions, so he mumbles some bullshit and runs away. 

I'm ready for a coaching change, but PLEASE Tuberville, don't go out a crybaby. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions