Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

New Voices

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
New Voices
« on: January 24, 2023, 11:58:02 AM »
Jar and Buzz hit me up yesterday to let me know that long time Braves announcer, Chip Carey, looked like he was going to the Cheatin' Cards. I hoped it was a nasty rumor, and I could scream balderdash.  My hopes were dashed.  He's a Red Bird now.

However, it does make sense, as Carey grew up in St. Louie, and is going back "home".  I don't have to like it, though.  I've watched about a hundred shit tons of Braves baseball over the years, and between Skip and Chip, it has seemed there was always a Carey in the booth.  I love the familiarity.  That's my team and my guys on the call. I was even bummed when they took color analyst, Joe Simpson, off the TV side of things, just like I'm gonna' miss Stan White in the booth for Auburn football.

Speaking of...being an old fart, I grew up on the Auburn radio broadcasts.  Back in the day, you were lucky to get your team on the tube 2-3 times a year, so the radio was how you got all your Auburn foosballz.  And following the games I go to, the post game show is a must, win or lose, for the ride home.  Even though there has been a good bit of change since with the deaths of Jim Fyffe and Rod Bramblett, it's still my team, my guys, my family.

I don't like change.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: New Voices
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2023, 12:09:22 PM »
I've watched about a hundred shit tons of Braves baseball over the years, and between Skip and Chip, it has seemed there was always a Carey in the booth. 

I don't like change.
Maybe the Knockahaomas can get Mariah.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2023, 01:01:30 PM »
Truth be told, I enjoyed watching Chip do Braves games.

Please don't cut me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2023, 02:27:23 PM »
Truth be told, I enjoyed watching Chip do Braves games.

Please don't cut me.

He's solid, and was a 110% homer, which you want your guy to be.  Gonna' take some getting used to with whoever the new guy is.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2023, 04:17:13 PM »
He's solid, and was a 110% homer, which you want your guy to be.  Gonna' take some getting used to with whoever the new guy is.   

I liked the guy we had on TV, but he got busted for his 4th DUI in 5 years, the last one the state upgraded to felony DUI, so the team let him go.  He was doing the radio the game Pujols hit 700, since it was on MLBTV and not carried by Bally's, and he had the inning where Pujols was coming up to bat, and allowed the main radio guy to call Pujols' at bat.  Pretty stand up guy, just couldn't put the drinks down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2023, 05:00:03 PM »
I liked the guy we had on TV, but he got busted for his 4th DUI in 5 years, the last one the state upgraded to felony DUI, so the team let him go.  He was doing the radio the game Pujols hit 700, since it was on MLBTV and not carried by Bally's, and he had the inning where Pujols was coming up to bat, and allowed the main radio guy to call Pujols' at bat.  Pretty stand up guy, just couldn't put the drinks down.

Did him a solid. Nice.

Too much change going on with my announcing crews. Used to love Don Sutton doing the color, but then got real comfortable with Carey and Joe Simpson. Don't know what they were like in real life, but on air, they just sounded like they clicked.  Since they moved Simpson to radio, they've kind of rotated Francoeur, Glavine and a few others the last 2-3 years.

Also used to love the pre and post game shows.  Jerome Jurenovich and Brian Jordan were my dudes.  Now, I can't get into any of these guys.  Don't know the host, and I don't want a freakin' Aussie analyzing my Bravos.

Back to AU foosballz.  I played ball with Charlie Trotman through high school.  Great guy, and great analyst.  But Stan White quickly grew on me, and he's been there what, 19 years? Quentin Riggins belongs on the sidelines, and damn it, Andy Burcham belongs in the locker room interviewing players and coaches, then doing the Yellow Wood Scoreboard. 

Stop all this DUI'ing, dying, retiring and shit.  I like what I like. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Kaos,
No reactions