Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Steak, it’s what’s for dinner

Steak, it’s what’s for dinner
« on: January 20, 2023, 04:01:28 PM »
Have had filets marinating all day, and intend on throwing them on the Egg this evening with a whiskey (makers) in hand and a monte cristo at the ready for after. I have tried several different methods for preparing steak, but would love to learn your favorite method to try down the road.

The cook tonight: 6 filets thrown into a ziplock with some Dales and Hardcore Carnivore Black seasoning. 500 degrees, 6-7 minutes on each side. Let rest for 10 minutes under tin foil, because I’m not sophisticated enough for butcher paper. Simple, easy, and delicious.

Hit me with some knowledge on y'all's go-to steak cooking method.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Steak, it’s what’s for dinner
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2023, 04:09:21 PM »
I don't grill much no more.

Hope this helps.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2023, 04:28:40 PM »
Soak it in some Moore’s(less sodium) for about 15 minutes. Maybe use a rub before burning. Southern Greek steak seasoning. Burn it five to six on each side and chomp it down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2023, 04:34:45 PM »
First, I don't buy my steaks like a peasant anymore.  Only buy the big Ribeye roasts and cut them to my specs.
Take a couple of those and marinate for at least 4 hours in Moore's sauce and add nothing but Kinder's (The Blend).  Cook them on the Egg to a nice medium-rare and let them sit for 10 minutes with a square of butter on them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2023, 04:40:36 PM »
There's a steak house down here that has been famous for it's marinade for 30+ years.  I think they reduce it down and pour some over the meat after cooking, so there's a puddle of it on the plate.  Unreal for dipping their rolls in it with your meal.  I stolt it.

3/4 cup of Dale's
1/2 cup of lemon juice
1/3 cup of red wine vinegar
4 tablespoons of melted butter
3 dashes of garlic salt
1 dash of tabasco sauce. (I always substitute Frank's whenever something calls for hawt sauce)

I use this occasionally, but normally do wooshechtasheer, Sure Shot powder and some garlic powder.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2023, 05:25:49 PM »
First, I don't buy my steaks like a peasant anymore.  Only buy the big Ribeye roasts and cut them to my specs.
Take a couple of those and marinate for at least 4 hours in Moore's sauce and add nothing but Kinder's (The Blend).  Cook them on the Egg to a nice medium-rare and let them sit for 10 minutes with a square of butter on them.

Have you tried the Buttery Steakhouse blend?  Hearing it takes it to a whole new level.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2023, 05:26:19 PM »
There's a steak house down here that has been famous for it's marinade for 30+ years.  I think they reduce it down and pour some over the meat after cooking, so there's a puddle of it on the plate.  Unreal for dipping their rolls in it with your meal.  I stolt it.

3/4 cup of Dale's
1/2 cup of lemon juice
1/3 cup of red wine vinegar
4 tablespoons of melted butter
3 dashes of garlic salt
1 dash of tabasco sauce. (I always substitute Frank's whenever something calls for hawt sauce)

I use this occasionally, but normally do wooshechtasheer, Sure Shot powder and some garlic powder.

Trying this next time.  Thank you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2023, 11:20:44 PM »
why are you eating filets? …much less marinating them. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2023, 06:09:00 AM »
why are you eating filets? …much less marinating them.
This!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2023, 06:35:51 AM »
Ribeye is my preferred cut, but is saved for more special occasions. Over here trying to be healthy and stuff.

A high quality filet only requires salt, I know. Superfoods doesn’t have high quality filets.. which is where the marinade comes in.  They were tits by the way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2023, 03:19:31 PM »
Ribeye is my preferred cut, but is saved for more special occasions. Over here trying to be healthy and stuff.

A high quality filet only requires salt, I know. Superfoods doesn’t have high quality filets.. which is where the marinade comes in.  They were tits by the way.

eat enough filets and you’ll grow tits.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2023, 03:33:49 PM »
eat enough filets and you’ll grow tits.

Will they at least be perky enough to put my beer on since I am forced to use both hands to piss?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2023, 09:20:04 AM »
Have you tried the Buttery Steakhouse blend?  Hearing it takes it to a whole new level.
I really didn't like it.  However, the Prime Rib is very good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.