Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Speaker

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Speaker
« on: January 05, 2023, 04:53:24 PM »
Admittedly, I don't know enough about politics to have the answers here. Somebody schoolify me here.

What is the problem with Kevin McCarthy?  Why are 21 peeps refusing to vote for him.

How much power does the Speaker of the House have?  In what areas?

What happens if they can't vote somebody in?

I'll hang up and lissen'.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Speaker
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2023, 05:08:11 PM »
I'll just say this without going too deep.

McCarthy isn't perfect. I also don't think hes awful like some. Hes 100x better than Boehner ever was. He has his issues but.....

I think we have a few wacko birds hijacking the whole process with zero backup plan. We used to call these types obstructionists. I get it if they don't like him. But you've derailed the vote 9 times now....NOW WHAT? They are going to end up with a very bad result if this doesn't stop. TRUMP HIMSELF has asked them to stop this and support him.

I don't mind Donalds from FL, but Boebert is a pure wack job (I don't care if she IS hot). Colorado's version of Majorie Taylor Green. When you cant take a single picture without an AR15 and admittedly go to bed with it? Sorry that's just weird.

My problem with some of these alt right folks is the lack of reality and pragmatism. Even his first few years in office, Trump was extremely pragmatic and liked making deals. That was a Trump I liked. And I know you cant always wheel and deal with everyone. People like Schumer for example. But these looney tunes are nothing like Trump Years 1-3.

We are about to end up with a very bad situation on Capitol Hill because of these folks.

As for Speaker Snags - 3rd in line as far as power behind P and VP. Also assigns, selects, manages committees and subcommittees for the house - that last part? Is where a lot of the rub is with McCarthy.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 05:10:26 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2023, 05:16:46 PM »
I'll just say this without going too deep.

McCarthy isn't perfect. I also don't think hes awful like some. Hes 100x better than Boehner ever was. He has his issues but.....

I think we have a few wacko birds hijacking the whole process with zero backup plan. We used to call these types obstructionists. I get it if they don't like him. But you've derailed the vote 9 times now....NOW WHAT? They are going to end up with a very bad result if this doesn't stop. TRUMP HIMSELF has asked them to stop this and support him.

I don't mind Donalds from FL, but Boebert is a pure wack job (I don't care if she IS hot). Colorado's version of Majorie Taylor Green. When you cant take a single picture without an AR15 and admittedly go to bed with it? Sorry that's just weird.

My problem with some of these alt right folks is the lack of reality and pragmatism. Even his first few years in office, Trump was extremely pragmatic and liked making deals. That was a Trump I liked. And I know you cant always wheel and deal with everyone. People like Schumer for example. But these looney tunes are nothing like Trump Years 1-3.

We are about to end up with a very bad situation on Capitol Hill because of these folks.

As for Speaker Snags - 3rd in line as far as power behind P and VP. Also assigns, selects, manages committees and subcommittees for the house - that last part? Is where a lot of the rub is with McCarthy.

Preesh!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2023, 05:27:09 PM »
I'll repeat this again...TRUMP HIMSELF has asked them to stop the charade and support McCarthy.

He has created a monster that even he cannot control anymore.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2023, 11:23:23 PM »
People are tired of the same ole thing. How about Jim Jordan getting the nod?
At least he’s someone that is always out front fighting the left.
I like the debate and the fight. The rubber stamp is getting old.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2023, 11:56:26 AM »
People are tired of the same ole thing. How about Jim Jordan getting the nod?
At least he’s someone that is always out front fighting the left.
I like the debate and the fight. The rubber stamp is getting old.

Jordan doesn't want it, and like Trump - has endorsed McCarthy.

Boebert and Gaetz are about to get a democrat speaker if this continues into next week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2023, 12:09:24 PM »
Jordan doesn't want it, and like Trump - has endorsed McCarthy.

Boebert and Gaetz are about to get a democrat speaker if this continues into next week.
I was hoping the remake of his show with Butthead would keep him occupied.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2023, 12:25:55 PM »
I was hoping the remake of his show with Butthead would keep him occupied.

Damn....just damn. Nailed it.

Dude is creepy AF.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2023, 01:22:34 PM »
Damn....just damn. Nailed it.

Dude is creepy AF.
So is Boebert.  Two P's in a single escape hatch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.