Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Lane Train...

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Lane Train...
« on: December 29, 2022, 10:58:02 AM »
appears to be off the tracks.

Obviously, we have no idea how the U Free era will go at Auburn.  Baggage aside, I think the guy is a solid coach overall, and I see us becoming competitive in this league again.  But, the more I see from Lane Kiffin, the more I'm thanking the Karma Gods above that he's not Auburn's corch.

When the search was on, the media had pretty much anointed Kiffin as the guy for Auburn. It was a done deal and would be announced any day now. I don't think anybody except those involved, know what really went on, or whether it was all media driven.  Did we really offer? Did he turn us down?  Was it all just Kiffin and his agent playing us and Ole Miss for more money?  Who knows? But, I'm glad it worked out the way it did.

While everyone was convinced he was our next coach, I was okay with it.  Wasn't a "splash hire" in my book, but I thought he could do keen things with our resources.  So, thinking he might be the guy, I started paying closer attention to his career, and more importantly, how he was running the Ole Miss program.  By the time the horn sounded at the Egg Bowl, I was convinced I didn't want any part of this guy running our program.

The year before, I had openly said Kiffin cost them the game against Auburn by ridiculously going for it on 4th so many times, especially in their own territory. They kept giving it to us, and we took advantage, building a lead Ole Miss couldn't overcome. Another thing that was very noticeable, was how many times Ole Miss players got "injured" whenever we got some momentum.  Didja' see the game last night???  The announcers were even making fun of how blatant it was, with players looking to the sidelines, then crumpling to the ground.  Bush league crap.

Fast forward through shitty coaching decision, after shitty coaching decision, costing Ole Miss games down the home stretch this year, to last night.  If you didn't watch it, Kiffin was OH FOR FOUR going for it on 4th down....before it was even midway through the 2nd quarter. Inexplicably pulling that bullshit deep in his own territory. If I was the Ole Miss brass, I'd consider firing the guy for cause.  It almost looks like he's trying to sabotage his own program.

I heard some commentary a few weeks back after Ole Miss played Bama.  They said Lane Kiffin has never matured as a coach, or a person.  Agreed.  And I'm happy as hell that either the media was wrong, or it didn't work out between he and Auburn, or he was playing us.  Whatever the case, I'm thinking right now, we got the better end of the deal.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
GH2001,
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Lane Train...
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2022, 11:44:17 AM »
Lost 5 of last 6, got punched in the dick by a guy on his death bed in the egg bowl, cant stay the hell off twitter = gets a 2+ mill raise and 5 more years guaranteed....My word.

Interesting observation too is that the egg bowl was in a monsoon. Leach always ran the air raid regardless which is at a YUGE disadvantage when the weather is that bad. And that QB of theirs cannot MOVE. Still punked freshwater.

Ole Miss - YOU got SEXTONED.

If you believe the folks in charge, Lane was never a real candidate at Auburn. AU used him as a smokescreen, and Sexton used it to get his guy a big raise. Everyone won, except Ole Piss.

I find it all hilarious. Their fans and Neal McCreedy can cry a river.

PS - he cant recruit. 52nd nationally, 8 spots behind Vandy who is at 44th. Last in the SEC. F...That.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 11:46:44 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2022, 12:06:52 PM »
The faking injuries thing is off the chain with Kiffin.  Not being a hippo-krit here, because we've flopped a few times over the years, hence the phrase, "Come on, Swain". But I believe part of Kiffin's film study for his players, includes watching World Cup soccer matches, and learning how to properly flop, and feign a broken femur for a minute.

Last year, at halftime of the Ole Miss game, I went down to the concourse for a soda pop.  I was listening to the radio broadcast and Stan White was railing over how flopping to stop the momentum had become Kiffin's M.O. And yes, Ole Miss players were dropping like flies in the first half of that game.

Last night, the camera caught one of their D-linemen with the flop.  They followed him from the time the play was over, to him walking back up to the line, looking over to the sidelines, and crumpling to the ground with a "knee injury".  The announcers could barely contain the laughter.  It happened several more times because Texas Tech runs the hurry up.

Everyone is going to use it from time to time.  But it can't be as much a part of your game plan as deciding to run between the tackles.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

chinook

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2022, 07:30:01 PM »
our future is bright.  a lot of unknowns but I’ll take them over the spoiled potatoes from Harsin or  Tik Tok Lane. 

your comment about accountability from the top brass at Ole Miss resonates well with me because that’s what Auburn needed to do with Harsin.  Nope.  Here’s the check …enjoy Disney World.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2022, 09:10:58 PM »
our future is bright.  a lot of unknowns but I’ll take them over the spoiled potatoes from Harsin or  Tik Tok Lane. 

your comment about accountability from the top brass at Ole Miss resonates well with me because that’s what Auburn needed to do with Harsin.  Nope.  Here’s the check …enjoy Disney World.

I would have been disappointed had we gotten Lane. Happy with who we got, and am okay to be a fan of a school known for giving second chances. Guys been a winner everywhere he’s been, and will probably be the best “fit” Auburn has had since Dye. A hungry S.O.B. knowing this is his shot at historical greatness. Plus, he has all the money that matters supporting him.

Anecdotal, but if it weren’t for 2nd chances.. my life would be shit or nonexistent. The same could probably be said of all of you fine (omit WT) gentlemen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2022, 01:26:39 AM »
I would have been disappointed had we gotten Lane. Happy with who we got, and am okay to be a fan of a school known for giving second chances. Guys been a winner everywhere he’s been, and will probably be the best “fit” Auburn has had since Dye. A hungry S.O.B. knowing this is his shot at historical greatness. Plus, he has all the money that matters supporting him.

Anecdotal, but if it weren’t for 2nd chances.. my life would be shit or nonexistent. The same could probably be said of all of you fine (omit WT) gentlemen.

True. I wasn’t anti Lane.  Just didn’t think he was worth the money.
I like Freeze. I think a desperate man works harder to succeed.

PS. What is a WT and who cares….
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2022, 07:08:14 AM »
True. I wasn’t anti Lane.  Just didn’t think he was worth the money.
I like Freeze. I think a desperate man works harder to succeed.

PS. What is a WT and who cares….
Not sure how desperate WT is but I'm willing to give him a second chance.

Kiffin only impressed me as Bama playcaller. We definitely got the better Head Coach and I think you are absolutely correct about the hunger aspect with Freeze. He's gonna keep chopping wood and hopefully we have a DC that will make us proud and stick around awhile.

* When Freeze was at Ole Miss his teams for the most part displayed very little run efficiency against Auburn defenses. If I have any concern it's that they couldn't move the ball enough on the ground to salt a game away with their wee backs. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2022, 11:39:54 AM »
0 Lane Tain = 1 Auburn football program total derail
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2022, 12:00:03 PM »
Not sure how desperate WT is but I'm willing to give him a second chance.

Kiffin only impressed me as Bama playcaller. We definitely got the better Head Coach and I think you are absolutely correct about the hunger aspect with Freeze. He's gonna keep chopping wood and hopefully we have a DC that will make us proud and stick around awhile.

* When Freeze was at Ole Miss his teams for the most part displayed very little run efficiency against Auburn defenses. If I have any concern it's that they couldn't move the ball enough on the ground to salt a game away with their wee backs.

I think that was the strategery behind the Montgomery hire, who has been known to have highly efficient ground attacks at previous stops.  Also doesn't hurt to have Cadillac on staff in support, who had our run game churning and burning towards the end of the season, even putting a hurting on a decent Bama squad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
oldautiger,

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2022, 12:40:16 PM »
And this remains part of my problem with this entire damned thing.  If we are who we think we are? Neither Kiffin nor Freekz should have been anywhere near a legitimate list. 

Oh they’re great coaches!  REALLY?  Show me. 

Kiffin had mediocre results as a head coach. He’s immature.  What was the allure?

And Freeze?  Don’t get me started.  Realistically what has he ever done?  His teams at Ole Miss were filled with thugs, drugs and coverups. And he still never really won shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2022, 02:50:50 PM »
And this remains part of my problem with this entire damned thing.  If we are who we think we are? Neither Kiffin nor Freekz should have been anywhere near a legitimate list. 

Kiffin had mediocre results as a head coach. He’s immature.  What was the allure?

And Freeze?  Don’t get me started.  Realistically what has he ever done?  His teams at Ole Miss were filled with thugs, drugs and coverups. And he still never really won shit.

I don't think U Free has proven himself to be a "great" coach.  He's a good coach who has won everywhere he's been. I think it's intriguing to see what he will be able to do given the facilities, resources and support he'll have at Auburn.

Beating a dead horse here, but again, he wasn't my first choice, and I openly said many times on here that I thought we should make that splash hire that made people around the country take notice and say, "It looks like Auburn just got serious about their program." People said that splash hire wasn't out there.  Bullshit! He' was out there.  But that's not the Auburn way.

We've never gone after big game in our coaching searches, in any sport.  Pearl is as close as we've come to that, and even he was damaged goods at the time.  And I truly believe that given our looooonng history of being one of the worst round ball programs in the country, the majority of fans were simply hoping he could just make us competitive. 

As for U Free, I think what he did at Ole Miss was pretty impressive.  Ole Miss had just two 10 win seasons since 1971, and only two or three 9 win seasons in that time period. When Free got there, they were coming off 4-8 and 2-10 seasons under Nutt.  In his first four seasons, he won 7, 8, 9 and 10 games, and brought in probably the most overall talent that program has ever had. Did the wheels fall off after that?  Yep! But he shouldn't have beaten Lord Saybinz twice in a row.  Shit happens when you poke the bear. 

Again, this is the Auburn way.  This is the epitome of Auburn being Auburn.  We hire 5-19.  We hire a guy with one year of head coaching experience in the fucking Sun Belt.  We hire a Group of 5 coach from the other side of the country, who 80% of the fan base had never heard of until his name was announced. We hire Samford's coach because of his daddy's name.  In fact, you can probably say that U Free is the winningest, most qualified coach we've ever hired. If not, he's right up there. 

But, he's ours now, and I'm just gonna' sit back and see what he can do.       
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2022, 03:26:38 PM »

This^^^

Although, I wanted Kiffin, I’m very happy we didn’t get him. He’s way overrated. Look at the second half of this season? And recruiting? I’m very happy ole miss still has him. I don’t care if we offered.

I’m terribly disappointed in the AD hire and Freeze.

I will fight anyone in Dothan who has an issue with that. It does not make a fuck to me.  Any pussy in Houston County. I’ll not only meet you half way, I’ll drive the entire distance.

You may wonder who I’m directing this to but I’m not just going to call names and talk shit on the internet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2022, 03:40:17 PM »
This^^^

Although, I wanted Kiffin, I’m very happy we didn’t get him. He’s way overrated. Look at the second half of this season? And recruiting? I’m very happy ole miss still has him. I don’t care if we offered.

I’m terribly disappointed in the AD hire and Freeze.

I will fight anyone in Dothan who has an issue with that. It does not make a fuck to me.  Any pussy in Houston County. I’ll not only meet you half way, I’ll drive the entire distance.

You may wonder who I’m directing this to but I’m not just going to call names and talk shit on the internet.

I'll meet you in the Sonic parking lot in Pensacola off I-10 about 9:15 tonight.  You will eat my rear rockets and like it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2022, 04:30:50 PM »
I'll meet you in the Sonic parking lot in Pensacola off I-10 about 9:15 tonight.  You will eat my rear rockets and like it.
Not kidding at all when I say this but you talk a really good game. Come on down to Pensacola. I will eat your ass out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2022, 04:35:11 PM »
Mods, please change “out” to “up” in above post.

TIA
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2022, 09:12:19 PM »
Not kidding at all when I say this but you talk a really good game. Come on down to Pensacola. I will eat your ass out.

Kinky
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2022, 05:41:24 AM »
I don't think U Free has proven himself to be a "great" coach.  He's a good coach who has won everywhere he's been. I think it's intriguing to see what he will be able to do given the facilities, resources and support he'll have at Auburn.

Beating a dead horse here, but again, he wasn't my first choice, and I openly said many times on here that I thought we should make that splash hire that made people around the country take notice and say, "It looks like Auburn just got serious about their program." People said that splash hire wasn't out there.  Bullshit! He' was out there.  But that's not the Auburn way.

We've never gone after big game in our coaching searches, in any sport.  Pearl is as close as we've come to that, and even he was damaged goods at the time.  And I truly believe that given our looooonng history of being one of the worst round ball programs in the country, the majority of fans were simply hoping he could just make us competitive. 

As for U Free, I think what he did at Ole Miss was pretty impressive.  Ole Miss had just two 10 win seasons since 1971, and only two or three 9 win seasons in that time period. When Free got there, they were coming off 4-8 and 2-10 seasons under Nutt.  In his first four seasons, he won 7, 8, 9 and 10 games, and brought in probably the most overall talent that program has ever had. Did the wheels fall off after that?  Yep! But he shouldn't have beaten Lord Saybinz twice in a row.  Shit happens when you poke the bear. 

Again, this is the Auburn way.  This is the epitome of Auburn being Auburn.  We hire 5-19.  We hire a guy with one year of head coaching experience in the fucking Sun Belt.  We hire a Group of 5 coach from the other side of the country, who 80% of the fan base had never heard of until his name was announced. We hire Samford's coach because of his daddy's name.  In fact, you can probably say that U Free is the winningest, most qualified coach we've ever hired. If not, he's right up there. 

But, he's ours now, and I'm just gonna' sit back and see what he can do.     

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2023, 03:18:41 PM »
Bumper Poole

The basics of Lane Kiffin's new deal with Ole Miss

Kiffin's base pay for the next four years will be as follows:

2023: $8,750,000
2024: $8,850,000
2025: $9,000,000
2026: $9,000,000

There are also some extra incentives in there, but that bank will get you a lot of poontang in The Grove.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2023, 10:00:31 PM »
Bumper Poole

The basics of Lane Kiffin's new deal with Ole Miss

Kiffin's base pay for the next four years will be as follows:

2023: $8,750,000
2024: $8,850,000
2025: $9,000,000
2026: $9,000,000

There are also some extra incentives in there, but that bank will get you a lot of poontang in The Grove.

Lost 5 of last 6.

Finished on ESD dead last in conference.

Wow.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 10:02:04 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2023, 09:17:33 AM »
Lost 5 of last 6.

Finished on ESD dead last in conference.

Wow.

Also there is always the hint of the NFL calling.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions