Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Where we currently sit

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Where we currently sit
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2023, 11:57:59 AM »
Truthfully, Lior would have a better three point percentage at this point!

I say lets roll the honky out there and see what happens.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,CCTAU,
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2023, 06:24:47 AM »
I say lets roll the honky out there and see what happens.
Know you say that tongue in cheek but cracker boy can't do any worse plus he might pick a few pockets along the way because Arky won't be giving him any RESPECT.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2023, 08:27:57 AM »
Feel better now?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2023, 12:07:03 PM »
Feel better now?

Bruce made some great adjustments. Can’t quite get a bead on what exactly but whatever the alignment, the perimeter was a lot more wide open. Looked more like last year. Not sure if broome becoming a huge threat down low caused it but Wendell and crew had plenty of room to work and they made the most of it. Credit where due. Have never doubted Bruce can get it fixed. I still don’t think we’re built to go too too deep this year. Taller guards may still eat our lunch come tourney time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2023, 03:26:01 PM »
Feel better now?

We barely met the requirement for winning. Our D can’t shut down every team. And Arky shot terrible also. Very happy for the win, however I’m not sure we can play above the norm every game.
We need a consistent shooter and need a couple of guys to step up their game. Jay really needs  to live in the paint on offense. He has talent going to the basket and can shoot free throws well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2023, 03:40:54 PM »
Feel better now?
I do and you were absolutely correct in an earlier post about winning on the road in this league however I'm with Buzz also with regards to a go-to shooter. I'm pleased with any win but these slow starts at 2:1 are maddening.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2023, 03:51:45 PM »
We barely met the requirement for winning. Our D can’t shut down every team. And Arky shot terrible also. Very happy for the win, however I’m not sure we can play above the norm every game.
We need a consistent shooter and need a couple of guys to step up their game. Jay really needs  to live in the paint on offense. He has talent going to the basket and can shoot free throws well.
All of this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2023, 09:23:00 PM »
apparently none of you got the memo we’re a football school.  #firepearl
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2023, 09:16:53 AM »
apparently none of you got the memo we’re a football school.  #firepearl

Change your password nook.....Snaggle has hacked your account.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2023, 09:41:30 AM »
apparently none of you got the memo we’re a football school. #firepearl

^^^This right here^^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2023, 01:14:38 PM »
I didn't say there aren't things that need to be fixed.  I didn't say there was the possibility this would be a "down" year Pearl-wise.  I didn't say this was a team that was going to win the SEC or anything else.  Is

Panic, though?  As long as Pearl is steering the ship I won't be doing that.  This team will lose some WTF games.  It will  probably struggle on the road.   It might miss the NCAA Tourney, but I wouldn't bank on that.  Even if it does, it will be in contention to the last weekend most likely. 

Isn't that all we ever wanted?  Not to be out of the running in December? To never ever take the court knowing it was over before it started? 

This team has flaws.  None of them are beyond fixing.  It might not be a soaring thing of beauty with banners, draft picks and trophies. It might be rough and raw and ugly at times.  But.... BUT.... it's still better than anything almost any of us have seen before. 

So be happy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2023, 04:07:20 PM »
Through 15 games, the Fighting Pearls sit at 12-3 (2-1).

In checking out the stats, it’s obvious this team is somewhat scoringly impaired.  Auburn sits at 8th in the conference in scoring at 72 a game.  Missouri and Bama lead everyone, both with averages in the 80’s.

On top of that, we are 10th in FG% and 11th in FT%, so they’re leaving a lot of points on the table.  However, with the exception of Broome, who is horrible at the stripe, guys like J. Williams, Wendell Green, Allen Flanigan and KD Johnson, are all 72% and above, with Green over 80% from the line.   

Defensively, Auburn is in the top 5 in rebounds, blocks (#1) and steals. No surprise there. 

As you might think, nobody is exactly tearing it up.  John Eye Broome leads the team with 13 ppg and 9 rpg.  He’s also shooting right at 50% from the floor, which pretty much equals his percentage from the stripe.

Broome, Green, Williams, Johnson and Flanigan all get 23-25 minutes per night.  Tre Donaldson averages 11.5 minutes, while Chance Westry averages 9.3.  Tough to get in a rhythm, and why they’re both under 3 ppg.

BTW, I watched Bama and Kentucky, and I don’t want none of Bama right now.  They’ll probably cool off, but that freshman, Miller, is a sho nuff bad ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2023, 04:28:50 PM »
I didn't say there aren't things that need to be fixed.  I didn't say there was the possibility this would be a "down" year Pearl-wise.  I didn't say this was a team that was going to win the SEC or anything else.  Is

Panic, though?  As long as Pearl is steering the ship I won't be doing that.  This team will lose some WTF games.  It will  probably struggle on the road.   It might miss the NCAA Tourney, but I wouldn't bank on that.  Even if it does, it will be in contention to the last weekend most likely. 

Isn't that all we ever wanted?  Not to be out of the running in December? To never ever take the court knowing it was over before it started? 

This team has flaws.  None of them are beyond fixing.  It might not be a soaring thing of beauty with banners, draft picks and trophies. It might be rough and raw and ugly at times.  But.... BUT.... it's still better than anything almost any of us have seen before. 

So be happy.

I keep having to tell myself how bad we've had it in the past other than a few Chuck/Chuck and Ellis/Porter years. I am very much thankful for Lord Bruce of Israel. We have guard issues but it can be creatively minimized at times. I think we saw that Saturday. No doubt we will have some games where we get smacked around again. Gotta keep getting better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2023, 04:30:28 PM »
Through 15 games, the Fighting Pearls sit at 12-3 (2-1).

In checking out the stats, it’s obvious this team is somewhat scoringly impaired.  Auburn sits at 8th in the conference in scoring at 72 a game.  Missouri and Bama lead everyone, both with averages in the 80’s.

On top of that, we are 10th in FG% and 11th in FT%, so they’re leaving a lot of points on the table.  However, with the exception of Broome, who is horrible at the stripe, guys like J. Williams, Wendell Green, Allen Flanigan and KD Johnson, are all 72% and above, with Green over 80% from the line.   

Defensively, Auburn is in the top 5 in rebounds, blocks (#1) and steals. No surprise there. 

As you might think, nobody is exactly tearing it up.  John Eye Broome leads the team with 13 ppg and 9 rpg.  He’s also shooting right at 50% from the floor, which pretty much equals his percentage from the stripe.

Broome, Green, Williams, Johnson and Flanigan all get 23-25 minutes per night.  Tre Donaldson averages 11.5 minutes, while Chance Westry averages 9.3.  Tough to get in a rhythm, and why they’re both under 3 ppg.

BTW, I watched Bama and Kentucky, and I don’t want none of Bama right now.  They’ll probably cool off, but that freshman, Miller, is a sho nuff bad ass.

Miller will go high like Jabari - one and done. And Oats may get poached by another school. Theyre built THIS YEAR to have a good run.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2023, 04:43:23 PM »
Miller will go high like Jabari - one and done. And Oats may get poached by another school. Theyre built THIS YEAR to have a good run.

TX gonna be a bona fide suitor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2023, 05:38:05 PM »
One factor, besides money, in getting Oats out of there, is they're in desperate need of a new arena.  They sunk a bunch of renovation money into it probably 10 plus years ago, but I hear it's still a dump.  And word is, they have no plans to build a new one.  But, if they do make a deep run, plans could change.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2023, 08:51:04 PM »

So be happy.

Beautifully stated. We now have expectations because a present/future Auburn legendary coach has spoiled us & raised the bar of expectations. We are a blessed bunch to always have a fighting chance, and all because of what he’s brought.

I hope the statue has already been commissioned.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2023, 09:12:56 PM »
Our fate each game rests on Green and Flan overachieving. It’s gonna be a tough row for the hoe!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

chinook

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2023, 11:02:02 PM »
defenses win championships.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 11:14:13 AM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.