Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Pre-Dick-Shuns Week Playoffs. Playoffs? Playoffs?

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Pre-Dick-Shuns Week Playoffs. Playoffs? Playoffs?
« on: December 28, 2022, 05:29:48 PM »
Are you kidding me? Playoffs?

I've always been a fan of Bowl Season. I don't care about the argument that there are too many. All you have to accomplish is wind up 6-6 and you get a bowl. Who cares?  For me, you can never have too much football.  Granted, I'm not going to sit down and watch an entire game, unless it's Auburn, or a playoff game.  But if it's on, I'll watch at least some of it. Hell, I'll take in some MACtion on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights. Just because it's football.  But ultimately, like anything, if you don't like it, don't watch.

But now we fikkin' a get serious.  This weekend, the games mean something...everything!  Nobody is opting out.  Nobody is taking it easy.  And just like last year with Cincy, I like having some new blood in there with TCU.  I'm not a toad fan, but I'll be pulling for them against Meat Chicken. And I will be doing something I can never remember evah doing in my lifetime, hoping THE Ohio State University wins against Fuck Georgia.  So:

TCU vs. Michigan:  The Fighting Ceratophryidae from Texas Christian have been living on a prayer all season, finding ways to pull game after game out of the fire.  Luck ran out in the B12 Championship game against Bama's Sugar Bowl opponent.  I think it runs out again.  Michigan lost their top Wolverine when Blake Coram went down late in the season.  But, they didn't miss a beat when RB, Donovan Edwards, stepped in and rushed for over 200 yards against the Buckeyes, then followed that up with a buck-80 in the Championship game.  I expect Michigan to grind out a convincing win here.

Michigan:  35

TCU:  21

Ohio State vs. Fuck Georgia:  I made up this new saying.  To be the man, you gotta' beat the man.  Pretty original, huh?  And as much as it pains my penis to say it, FUGA is the man right now. Until somebody actually knocks them off, I can't pick against them.  Even though they've racked up almost 40 points per game on offense, FUGA looks very pedestrian to me.  But it's a little easier to score points when your D keeps giving you the ball back with little or no damage done. The defense is comparable statistically to last year, giving up less than 13 a game and 292 yards of total offense. Some of that was skewed a bit by LSU rolling up 30 in the SECCG, along with just over 500 yards through the air.  And that's where tOSU may have a chance.

The Buckeyes lit it up this year for over 44 points per game.  The D wasn't bad either, holding opponents to under 20 a game.  I think their defense can keep this one manageable.  To me, this is all going to come down to CJ Stroud and a group of receivers who will be playing on Sundays, actually showing up on the big stage.  They haven't done that for quite a while.  Not since Ewok Elliott burst Bama's bubble all those years ago. I believe they have the ability to make it happen, but little faith they actually will.  I would love nothing better than seeing the nasty, mangy, smelly Bulldogs walk off the field under a shower of whatever you call Ohio State's colors, confetti. But like I said, until I see it, I won't believe it.

Fuck Georgia:  28

Ohio State:  20

Feel free to talk amongst yourselves. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Pre-Dick-Shuns Week Playoffs. Playoffs? Playoffs?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2023, 09:35:41 AM »
Must say, the post-xmas bowls TOTALLY REDEEMED the lackluster early efforts.

Fantastic games pretty much across the board.

Big congrats to TCU (if they beat FUCK UGA, A&M will be the only P5 program in Texas w/o a national championship in football, basketball or baseball since sometime in the 1940's).  Going to be a big HypnoToad fan next week.  Oh, and fuck Jim Harbaugh.

OSU was so close...and I hate them even more for making me root for them...but it was still a great game and I can appreciate that.

Tulane, though!  That's the story of the bowl season.  Loved watching Caleb Williams sit on the sideline and watch his team lose to the Green Fucking Wave.

Fuck TX and OU...let's bring TCU and Tulane (back) to the SEC.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2023, 09:59:18 AM »
The playoff games were as good as anyone could hope for.  My predictions were as bad as anyone could hope for.  But, what else is new?

Mishygin and Harbaugh let it get away from them early on.  Bad play calling, bad ref calls, fumbling away a TD etc. Give TCU big props.  They took advantage, and every time it seemed the Red Dawn boys were about to take control, the Frogs slapped em' down. 

I thought the Buckeyes did an excellent job with their play calling, and most importantly, their offensive line play.  They gave Stroud all the time he needed, and he picked FUGA apart.  But, we kind of got a glimpse of that with LSU in the SECCG.  I would say give FUGA credit, but Fuck Georgia!!!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2023, 10:10:21 AM »
fumbling away a TD etc.

I love a good Michigan-fucking, but that call was bullshit.  The catch was a TD on the play before.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2023, 10:34:32 AM »
..the Red Dawn boys were about to take control, the Frogs slapped em' down. 
I thought the Cubans invaded, not the French.

Anyhow, bammer would have beat them all. Just ask any bammer....

I liked TCU. However, without the 2 pick sixes, Meatchicken actually looked to be the better team.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2023, 11:17:52 AM »
I love a good Michigan-fucking, but that call was bullshit.  The catch was a TD on the play before.

I still don't have a clue what they were looking at.  That was 6.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2023, 11:20:18 AM »
I thought the Cubans invaded, not the French.

Anyhow, bammer would have beat them all. Just ask any bammer....

I liked TCU. However, without the 2 pick sixes, Meatchicken actually looked to be the better team.

Yeah, that monster win over K-State was proof positive of Bama's total dominance over the football world. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2023, 02:59:26 PM »
The playoff games were as good as anyone could hope for.  My predictions were as bad as anyone could hope for.  But, what else is new?

Mishygin and Harbaugh let it get away from them early on.  Bad play calling, bad ref calls, fumbling away a TD etc. Give TCU big props.  They took advantage, and every time it seemed the Red Dawn boys were about to take control, the Frogs slapped em' down. 

I thought the Buckeyes did an excellent job with their play calling, and most importantly, their offensive line play.  They gave Stroud all the time he needed, and he picked FUGA apart.  But, we kind of got a glimpse of that with LSU in the SECCG.  I would say give FUGA credit, but Fuck Georgia!!!
TL;DR
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com