Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Alice in Borderland

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Alice in Borderland
« on: December 27, 2022, 10:50:52 PM »
If you enjoyed Squid Game, this might be worth a try.  I enjoyed the show (and the Asian girls). It's a Japanese version of Squid Game mixed with a little Saw.

Second season just launched Thursday. 

The first season was a long time ago it seems like and I had to go back and check a few prior episodes when I discovered that Season 2 opens exactly where Season 1 ended with no "this is where we were" kind of intro.

Basic storyline:  Three guys pranking people in the middle of a big Tokyo intersection run from cops and hide in the bathroom.  When they come out of hiding everybody's gone. City is deserted.  Later that night they're directed to a gaming site where they're forced to play an escape-room type game with deadly consequences. Each game is identified by a playing card.  Each card indicates what kind of game it is and the level of difficulty. Spades are physical endurance games, clubs are teamwork games, hearts test the player's trust in each other (and are emotion-based) and diamonds are 'thinking', logical games. Win the game, collect the card. Fail and die. 

They discover that they have to keep playing and collecting cards to renew their visas - which prevent them from being brained by laser bolts from the sky. 

As the series continues new characters are added (Asian girls). New games are made available. The main characters try to figure out where they are, why they're there and whether there's any chance they can get back to the world they knew. 

It lags in places and some of the kills and survivals stretch the bounds of credulity but when it's good, it's actually really good.  In both seasons there were "holy shit" type moments along the way.

I was really afraid it was going to St. Elsewhere us at the end of Season 2 but it dodged when I thought it was going to duck. It even threw a little dig in at Squid Game in for good measure, which I found slyly amusing.

Much like Squid Game the series spends a lot of time digging into the backstories of the main characters, explaining their histories and how those define their game strategies. 

It's not for everybody,  but it's something I enjoyed more than I expected.  I'll watch Season 3 (and I assume there will be one) if for no other reason than the story (Asian girls).

I'm developing a real affinity for Asian films and series.  This, Squid Game, All of Us Are Dead, Train to Busan, Hellbound... all of it is pretty damn good even if you have to read to understand.

Say, do any of you know where to find an Asian bride?  That's what's on my mind now. 

« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 10:37:04 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Alice in Borderland
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2022, 01:58:11 AM »
I don’t smoke weed…I’m out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2022, 05:37:07 AM »
Just started watching this one myself. I don’t know how I have missed it this entire time, being that season 1 came out in 2020. Which predates Squid Game if I remember correctly? Very similar concepts.

Will be interesting to see how they explain the how/why when the time comes in the storyline.

The ladies I’ve seen this far have pretty faces, but are walking 2x4’s. I like a little top and bottom shelf jiggle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2022, 07:42:58 AM »
Just started watching this one myself. I don’t know how I have missed it this entire time, being that season 1 came out in 2020. Which predates Squid Game if I remember correctly? Very similar concepts.

Will be interesting to see how they explain the how/why when the time comes in the storyline.

The ladies I’ve seen this far have pretty faces, but are walking 2x4’s. I like a little top and bottom shelf jiggle.

Similar concepts, yes.  Be prepared not to know much about what's going on until late in season two (if at all).  I also found it interesting that even as far as the last few episodes of season two, we're still learning the backstory of characters who've been with us almost since the beginning. One that's kind of a surprise comes in the reveal of the quietly/creepily observant Chishiya's history. Not what you'd expect.

Although I didn't completely understand the motivations behind how they played out, I did find the games he was involved in the most interesting.  The level of trust and mis-trust required for the Jack of Spades game and the intricate mathematical machinations of the King of Diamonds game were more compelling to me than the other, more physical games other characters found themselves playing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2022, 11:06:38 AM »
If you enjoyed Squid Game, this might be worth a try.  I enjoyed the show (and the Asian girls). It's a Japanese version of Squid Game mixed with a little Saw.

Second season just launched Thursday. 

The first season was a long time ago it seems like and I had to go back and check a few prior episodes when I discovered that Season 2 opens exactly where Season 1 ended with no "this is where we were" kind of intro.

Basic storyline:  Three guys pranking people in the middle of a big Tokyo intersection run from cops and hide in the bathroom.  When they come out of hiding everybody's gone. City is deserted.  Later that night they're directed to a gaming site where they're forced to play an escape-room type game with deadly consequences. Each game is identified by a playing card.  Each card indicates what kind of game it is and the level of difficulty. Spades are physical endurance games, clubs are teamwork games, hearts test the player's trust in each other (and are emotion-based) and diamonds are 'thinking', logical games. Win the game, collect the card. Fail and die. 

They discover that they have to keep playing and collecting cards to renew their visas - which prevent them from being brained by laser bolts from the sky. 

As the series continues new characters are added (Asian girls). New games are made available. The main characters try to figure out where they are, why they're there and whether there's any chance they can get back to the world they knew. 

It lags in places and some of the kills and survivals stretch the bounds of credulity but when it's good, it's actually really good.  In both seasons there were "holy shit" type moments along the way.

I was really afraid it was going to St. Elsewhere us at the end of Season 2 but it dodged when I thought it was going to duck. It even threw a little dig in at Squid Game in for good measure, which I found slyly amusing.

Much like Squid Game the series spends a lot of time digging into the backstories of the main characters, explaining their histories and how those define their game strategies. 

It's not for everybody,  but it's something I enjoyed more than I expected.  I'll watch Season 3 (and I assume there will be one) if for no other reason than the story (Asian girls).

I'm developing a real affinity for Asian films and series.  This, Squid Game, All of Us Are Dead, Train to Busan, Hellbound... all of it is pretty damn good even if you have to read to understand.

Say, do any of you know where to find an Asian bride?  That's what's on my mind now.
I like authentic Asian vagina. They don’t have any pubic hair, naturally. It’s as clean as a whistle. It takes some getting used to, with it being sideways but it doesn’t take long to get the hang of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2022, 11:16:50 AM »
Squid Game season 2 is coming soon FWIW.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2022, 05:26:43 PM »
Squid Game season 2 is coming soon FWIW.

Same main character, or a new story arc?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2022, 05:47:06 PM »
Same main character, or a new story arc?

Guy on the plane as I heard it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions