Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Stranger Things

Stranger Things
« on: December 25, 2022, 06:20:58 AM »
Completely possible I missed it, but after looking through 10 or so pages, I did not see this one addressed.

My thoughts:

Despite its flaws, the most glaring of which is pushing homosexual agendas down the viewers throats (pun intended), it is still a very well done show. The riding of the bikes with your core group, eating pizza, and playing games- video games in my case… is very nostalgic. Being a Sci-Fi nerd that grew up watching The Twilight Zone with my dad, and for a long time pondering that parallel/mirror dimensions could exist is also an intriguing proposition to me.

The show is not perfect by any means, but I am pretty excited for the final season. I just hope the resolution of the repressed love stories doesn’t rob from an epic finish.

Merry Christmas, gentlemen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

jmar

Re: Stranger Things
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2022, 01:50:08 PM »
Completely possible I missed it, but after looking through 10 or so pages, I did not see this one addressed.

My thoughts:

Despite its flaws, the most glaring of which is pushing homosexual agendas down the viewers throats (pun intended), it is still a very well done show. The riding of the bikes with your core group, eating pizza, and playing games- video games in my case… is very nostalgic. Being a Sci-Fi nerd that grew up watching The Twilight Zone with my dad, and for a long time pondering that parallel/mirror dimensions could exist is also an intriguing proposition to me.

The show is not perfect by any means, but I am pretty excited for the final season. I just hope the resolution of the repressed love stories doesn’t rob from an epic finish.

Merry Christmas, gentlemen.
Yeah despite my age and the homo bit I sruck it out with this one.
So yeah looking forward to the final season.
And Merry Christmas to you and yours!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2022, 12:25:08 PM »
Yeah despite my age and the homo bit I sruck it out with this one.
So yeah looking forward to the final season.
And Merry Christmas to you and yours!
I would have bet that as much time as you have spent around the x that no amount of homo would offend you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2022, 02:10:40 PM »
Do not like. Its contrived.

Maybe its just me but very little of that show's portrayal of the 80's resembles my 80's growing up. Its almost like its a millennial's view of the 80s after the fact.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2022, 02:41:58 PM »
Do not like. Its contrived.

Maybe its just me but very little of that show's portrayal of the 80's resembles my 80's growing up. Its almost like its a millennial's view of the 80s after the fact.

People keep telling me I'd love it.  I don't watch because I'm pretty sure I wouldn't. 

I've been wrong before.  Ignored Sopranos for a season-plus because I was sure it couldn't reach the same level as Godfather or Goodfellas and I figured it would be stereotypical gangster tripe.  If I hadn't run across an episode on a plane and watched part of it...it was the one where Chris shoots the bakery guy, Tony yells at him in the car before becoming sympathetic, and Chris finds his name in the paper.  I was mesmerized.  The car scene between Tony and Chris could have gone wrong in so many ways but I thought it was as close to perfectly played as it could have been.  Was blown away.  Still am.  It's the best series of all time. 

Stranger Thangs?  Ehhh... I still think I'll pass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2022, 03:08:19 PM »
People keep telling me I'd love it.  I don't watch because I'm pretty sure I wouldn't. 

I've been wrong before.  Ignored Sopranos for a season-plus because I was sure it couldn't reach the same level as Godfather or Goodfellas and I figured it would be stereotypical gangster tripe.  If I hadn't run across an episode on a plane and watched part of it...it was the one where Chris shoots the bakery guy, Tony yells at him in the car before becoming sympathetic, and Chris finds his name in the paper.  I was mesmerized.  The car scene between Tony and Chris could have gone wrong in so many ways but I thought it was as close to perfectly played as it could have been.  Was blown away.  Still am.  It's the best series of all time. 

Stranger Thangs?  Ehhh... I still think I'll pass.

It’s definitely not for everyone. I am a millennial, unfortunately, so I fit part of the demographic the show targets. However, if you are enjoying Alice in Borderland, I think you could stomach this show as well.

Different strokes for different folks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2022, 03:45:23 PM »
It’s definitely not for everyone. I am a millennial, unfortunately, so I fit part of the demographic the show targets. However, if you are enjoying Alice in Borderland, I think you could stomach this show as well.

Different strokes for different folks.

Are there any pretty-faced Asian girls on it?  That would be the difference maker.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2022, 04:26:48 PM »
Are there any pretty-faced Asian girls on it?  That would be the difference maker.

No.  Just a couple of gays, nerds, a black guy/girl, a bald chick, and a ginger chick.  Winona Ryder is in it if she strikes your fancy.

The storyline is pretty good & pretty well thought out.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 04:42:31 PM by Snakebite »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2022, 04:42:45 PM »
I was sure it couldn't reach the same level as Godfather
I have never liked Godfather
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com