Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Partial Wrap Up

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Partial Wrap Up
« on: December 21, 2022, 05:17:20 PM »
Today was heavy on defense and O-linemen.  Getting our numbers up, and adding quality in the trenches on both sides of the ball, was priority one in my opinion.  I think we did that, especially on defense. 

First, I'd like to see what U Free and company could have done with more than a few short weeks, at best, and starting almost from scratch. I think it was a great class considering the circumstances.  However, this was just the early signing day, and the port hole is loaded with talent. Add to that fact, that we have a lot of needs, and a lot of slots available.

My thoughts:  We need a quality QB from the portal to compete with, or take over for Ashford.  A lot of bowls to be played, so more QB's should be available soon.

Running backs:  Jeremiah Cobb was the only verbal not to sign today.  Get him in the fold, and I think we're solid there.  Wouldn't hurt to pick one up for depth purposes. 

O-line: I like what we did, but most freshmen are not ready to step in this league and compete right away, so I'd like to see at least two more experienced linemen signed.

Tight End: We good.

Wide receiver: The room has good numbers, good quality, but nobody that scares a soul in this league. It would be keen to land a couple of proven playmakers.

D-line: We really improved our numbers at the edge.  Much needed. An experienced run stopper in the middle would round out this unit.

Linebacker: Unfortunately, we didn't land anyone today.  Like the receivers, I like the numbers, but I don't see anybody in that room making any preseason All-Anything lists. Definitely need a couple of fast, T-Will style backers added. 

D-backs:  We good here too.  In fact, we may have too many.  Good problem to have.

Long Snapper:  I knew coming in, this would be a problem with Freeze.  He needs to understand, it ALL begins with the Long Snapper.  Somebody better get in his ear.

Thoughts?   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Re: Partial Wrap Up
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2022, 10:29:27 PM »
Today was heavy on defense and O-linemen.  Getting our numbers up, and adding quality in the trenches on both sides of the ball, was priority one in my opinion.  I think we did that, especially on defense. 

First, I'd like to see what U Free and company could have done with more than a few short weeks, at best, and starting almost from scratch. I think it was a great class considering the circumstances.  However, this was just the early signing day, and the port hole is loaded with talent. Add to that fact, that we have a lot of needs, and a lot of slots available.

My thoughts:  We need a quality QB from the portal to compete with, or take over for Ashford.  A lot of bowls to be played, so more QB's should be available soon.

Running backs:  Jeremiah Cobb was the only verbal not to sign today.  Get him in the fold, and I think we're solid there.  Wouldn't hurt to pick one up for depth purposes. 

O-line: I like what we did, but most freshmen are not ready to step in this league and compete right away, so I'd like to see at least two more experienced linemen signed.

Tight End: We good.

Wide receiver: The room has good numbers, good quality, but nobody that scares a soul in this league. It would be keen to land a couple of proven playmakers.

D-line: We really improved our numbers at the edge.  Much needed. An experienced run stopper in the middle would round out this unit.

Linebacker: Unfortunately, we didn't land anyone today.  Like the receivers, I like the numbers, but I don't see anybody in that room making any preseason All-Anything lists. Definitely need a couple of fast, T-Will style backers added. 

D-backs:  We good here too.  In fact, we may have too many.  Good problem to have.

Long Snapper:  I knew coming in, this would be a problem with Freeze.  He needs to understand, it ALL begins with the Long Snapper.  Somebody better get in his ear.

Thoughts?   

I think Cam Riley needs to throw on some weight and move to edge.

I think Steiner would be better served providing high quality H2O on the sideline.

I like Puckett to gain more muscle and move to linebacker as that sideline to sideline guy that can cover. Gonna have to get some badasses in the portal to have a good linebacker corps.

I like Kaufman and Simpson as safeties.

I want Hugh to get a QB that will help Ashford mature and develop, because I think the sky is the limit if he puts it together.

Overall, today was a pretty great day. We still have position groups that need more bodies capable of making an immediate impact, but we knew that would be the case & that we’d have to pluck from the portal.

What I am concerned with… this level of intensity and how the past few weeks have been attacked is obviously not sustainable. It’s easy to draw a conclusion that because he finished so strong in such a short time that he will set the world on fire with a full cycle. I don’t know that to be the case as the newness wears off after a season of play.

Beyond that, my thoughts are on how obvious it is that liberal economic policies suck ass… and why my wife and I chose to live in Pike Road instead of back in Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2022, 09:29:23 AM »

I think Steiner would be better served providing high quality H2O on the sideline.

I like Puckett to gain more muscle and move to linebacker as that sideline to sideline guy that can cover. Gonna have to get some badasses in the portal to have a good linebacker corps.

I want Hugh to get a QB that will help Ashford mature and develop, because I think the sky is the limit if he puts it together.

Overall, today was a pretty great day. We still have position groups that need more bodies capable of making an immediate impact, but we knew that would be the case & that we’d have to pluck from the portal.

What I am concerned with… this level of intensity and how the past few weeks have been attacked is obviously not sustainable. It’s easy to draw a conclusion that because he finished so strong in such a short time that he will set the world on fire with a full cycle. I don’t know that to be the case as the newness wears off after a season of play.

Beyond that, my thoughts are on how obvious it is that liberal economic policies suck ass… and why my wife and I chose to live in Pike Road instead of back in Auburn.

Just went through Pike Road this past weekend.  Had a 3 pound turkey sandwich at Sweet Creek. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
WiregrassTiger,
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2022, 09:37:53 AM »
Just went through Pike Road this past weekend.  Had a 3 pound turkey sandwich at Sweet Creek.

Hell yeah.  We sometimes take our kiddo there to run around and play, see some animals.  There's another little farmer's market on HWY 80 that is closer & more convenient that we have started going to.  Not as developed or as diverse with food/activities, but is still pretty cool. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2022, 09:43:12 AM »
Hell yeah.  We sometimes take our kiddo there to run around and play, see some animals.  There's another little farmer's market on HWY 80 that is closer & more convenient that we have started going to.  Not as developed or as diverse with food/activities, but is still pretty cool.

My family is in Montgomery, so we go right by it every time we visit.  Gayest thing ever said on here, (Actually, it's not) but their cheese straws are the tits. There's a guy who apparently has a deal with them, to get them wholesale.  He can't keep em' on the shelf down here in Dothan.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2022, 10:01:39 AM »

I still live in lee county but not that end. You’re right in that it’s insanely expensive now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2022, 10:05:37 AM »
My family is in Montgomery, so we go right by it every time we visit.  Gayest thing ever said on here, (Actually, it's not) but their cheese straws are the tits. There's a guy who apparently has a deal with them, to get them wholesale.  He can't keep em' on the shelf down here in Dothan.

I'll have to see if I can snag some of those cheese straws.

Swing by Hampstead of Taylor Rd one night with your bride (presumptuous) and go to a restaurant called Taste.  Flights of wine & delicious plates to choose from. 

Now those 2 sentences might be in contention for gayest things ever said on this board.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2022, 10:08:19 AM »

Now those 2 sentences might be in contention for gayest things ever said on this board.

If you know snags any at all - they’ll think nothing of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2022, 10:14:58 AM »

Swing by Hampstead of Taylor Rd one night with your bride (presumptuous) and go to a restaurant called Taste.  Flights of wine & delicious plates to choose from. 

Me and the bride were up two weeks ago for a play at Alabama Shakespeare.  We hit Sinclair's beforehand. We'll have to give Taste a try.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2022, 12:27:28 PM »
Sorry for derailing, but we also tried Botanic in Opelika just last night(where Cock of the Walk used to be)... Pretty incredible eats & atmosphere.  They're building condos for the sole purpose of renting out for short term stays.

Owners of Blooming Colors & Chicken Salad Chick went in together on the place.  Greenhouses, shops, café, & restaurant.

A place for all of you out of towners to keep in mind. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2022, 12:49:18 PM »
Taking threads off the rails used to be a specialty around here.  Especially with obscure movie quotes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2022, 12:54:47 PM »
Taking threads off the rails used to be a specialty around here.  Especially with obscure movie quotes.

Recap of the action to get back on track. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2022, 05:04:05 PM »

thanks for mentioning this. I will have to check this place out with his bride. We’ve never been there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2022, 05:18:06 PM »
thanks for mentioning this. I will have to check this place out with his bride. We’ve never been there.

Don't think for one second that you'll be checking it out with my bride.  He definitely doesn't like you at all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2022, 05:50:48 PM »
Don't think for one second that you'll be checking it out with my bride.  He definitely doesn't like you at all.

I was thinking you were lucky for getting a moment of silence. Was going to volunteer mine next.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2022, 06:16:18 PM »

I was thinking you were lucky for getting a moment of silence. Was going to volunteer mine next.
All kidding aside, there may be a lot of things about me that are bad but not helping a man out with his wife or girlfriend is definitely not one of them. I’ve done my fair share and I don’t mind working her into my schedule.

Snag is trying to be funny with the “him” but snagette and I have become quite close. Believe me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com