Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

It has begun

It has begun
« on: December 11, 2022, 04:03:51 PM »
2 commitments today, both snatched away from other P5 programs.

6’7”, 330 lb OT Tyler Johnson (Rivals 4 star) snatched from the Red Raiders.

3 star legacy CB Colton Hood. His uncle was Roderick Hood. Easy flip from Meatchicken State.

As polarizing a figure as Hugh Freeze is, the perception among prospective players leans more positive in regards to Auburn over the last regime. Glad to see some talent headed our way again, and it seems like it is just the beginning.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 04:09:04 PM by Snakebite »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
bottomfeeder,
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

chinook

Re: It has begun
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2022, 10:36:39 AM »
4 STAR OL Conner Lew committed to Auburn...flip from miami.   offers from miami, clemson, georgia and auburn. 

coaching staff is working hard...bumped to 30 overall in the rankings after sitting hovering in Vandyland. 

potential starter as a freshman.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2022, 10:43:42 AM »
4 STAR OL Conner Lew committed to Auburn...flip from miami.   offers from miami, clemson, georgia and auburn. 

coaching staff is working hard...bumped to 30 overall in the rankings after sitting hovering in Vandyland. 

Made me moist
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2022, 11:09:05 AM »

Should be more coming soon....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2022, 10:20:41 PM »

Could and should unseat Tate Johnson, probably.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2022, 10:28:36 PM »
Side note - but whether anyone likes, hates or is indifferent to freeze - what has gone on the last week or two with recruiting and everything else just absolutely reminds me how mind numbingly bad Harsin was at all of this. Even worse than we realized.

It’s not that freeze has hit home run after home run. He’s done well. But when doing just normal things a sec coach should be doing or hitting above par is this damn refreshing? it just goes to show how awful the previous regime was at their jobs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2022, 02:56:17 AM »
Side note - but whether anyone likes, hates or is indifferent to freeze - what has gone on the last week or two with recruiting and everything else just absolutely reminds me how mind numbingly bad Harsin was at all of this. Even worse than we realized.

It’s not that freeze has hit home run after home run. He’s done well. But when doing just normal things a sec coach should be doing or hitting above par is this damn refreshing? it just goes to show how awful the previous regime was at their jobs.

Couldn’t agree more. It would be incredibly difficult at this point to convince me that coach spud wasn’t trying his ass off to ruin Auburn football.

If it weren’t for NIL and this free agency portal (which I am sure they will start to regulate more), we’d be wandering for 40 years, or what feels like it. I think we start winning again in 2023 because of the current climate & due to the momentum we have built with Cadillac/now with Freeze.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2022, 09:52:02 AM »

Have to begrudgingly admit that he's making all the right moves so far.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2022, 10:16:32 AM »

And the fact that we as fans are lapping this up like we are about to win the 2023 NC just shows me how bad it has been for at least the last 5 years...not just the Beeker Hairless era error.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
GH2001,
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2022, 11:13:17 AM »
Have to begrudgingly admit that he's making all the right moves so far.

Most of what he is doing isn't anything special. Its just what an SEC coach is supposed to do, day to day. The fact that its such a godsend to hear about it speaks more volumes to how truly awful Harbinstein was (and yes, Gus last year or two). There are certain pillars any upper level SEC Program Head Coach MUST do. They are part of the job. Hes doing those things so far and has kept down the rhetoric. Fingers crossed it stays this way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions
WDE

chinook

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2022, 12:00:17 AM »
Most of what he is doing isn't anything special. Its just what an SEC coach is supposed to do, day to day. The fact that its such a godsend to hear about it speaks more volumes to how truly awful Harbinstein was (and yes, Gus last year or two). There are certain pillars any upper level SEC Program Head Coach MUST do. They are part of the job. Hes doing those things so far and has kept down the rhetoric. Fingers crossed it stays this way.

Freeze gets it.

HairBrain didn’t. at. all.  we were Boise State without the blue turf.   

gus knew it…he was just arrogant to embrace it.  and a moron.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
GH2001,
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2022, 08:16:35 AM »
Freeze gets it.

HairBrain didn’t. at. all.  we were Boise State without the blue turf.   

gus knew it…he was just arrogant to embrace it.  and a moron.

But harvins said just watch. And ran stairs. And took selfies of himself doing barbell curls. He’s a big deal bro. He loves himself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2022, 09:21:42 AM »
But harvins said just watch. And ran stairs. And took selfies of himself doing barbell curls. He’s a big deal bro. He loves himself.
Do you even lift, bro?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2022, 10:33:39 AM »
Do you even lift, bro?

Dost thou even hoist, Brethren?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2022, 06:33:25 AM »
So the McCall cat didn’t make it to campus. Word is that he may not be qualified academically to enroll at Auburn. The Leary kid is confirmed on campus, and is supposedly rated higher, but believe that McCall was perceived to be the better get from the staff.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 10:53:07 AM by Snakebite »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2022, 09:50:10 PM »
So the McCall cat didn’t make it to campus. Word is that he may not be qualified academically to enroll at Auburn. The Leary kid is confirmed on campus, and is supposedly rated higher, but believe that McCall was perceived to be the better get from the staff.

Credits aren’t transferring to his major equally is the word.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2022, 03:07:46 PM »
Auburn’s tidal wave of commitments continued on Sunday, adding three more players and two that were previously tied to Southeastern Conference programs. The latest was Stephen Johnson, a defensive lineman formerly committed to Arkansas.

The addition of Johnson, a 6-foot-4, 320-pounder from Fayetteville, Georgia, brings five flips to Plains in the last week as Hugh Freeze has wasted no time in making his mark on the 2023 recruiting class.

Johnson is the fourth defensive lineman joining Opelika’s Brenton Williams, John (Fla.) Carroll’s Wilky Denaud and Carver (Ga.) High’s Darron Reed. Earlier on Sunday, the Tigers nabbed Munford safety Sylvester Smith away from Tennessee and FIU tight end Rivaldo Fairweather from the portal. The class is ranked 31st overall with 15 players.

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2022/12/auburn-flips-2-sec-commits-in-the-same-day-adds-3-star-dl.html

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2022, 06:07:41 PM »
Auburn’s tidal wave of commitments continued on Sunday, adding three more players and two that were previously tied to Southeastern Conference programs. The latest was Stephen Johnson, a defensive lineman formerly committed to Arkansas.

The addition of Johnson, a 6-foot-4, 320-pounder from Fayetteville, Georgia, brings five flips to Plains in the last week as Hugh Freeze has wasted no time in making his mark on the 2023 recruiting class.

Johnson is the fourth defensive lineman joining Opelika’s Brenton Williams, John (Fla.) Carroll’s Wilky Denaud and Carver (Ga.) High’s Darron Reed. Earlier on Sunday, the Tigers nabbed Munford safety Sylvester Smith away from Tennessee and FIU tight end Rivaldo Fairweather from the portal. The class is ranked 31st overall with 15 players.

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2022/12/auburn-flips-2-sec-commits-in-the-same-day-adds-3-star-dl.html

Not expecting anything in the W column, but the recruiting momentum reminds me of Chizik’s first year. Looper & Trooper were reeling ‘em in and generating excitement.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2022, 07:54:51 PM »
Next 72 hours is going to be fun if you like landing players.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2022, 08:24:56 PM »
Next 72 hours is going to be fun if you like landing players.

I like Auburn winning in anything. It is fun, for sure! I am a fool for talking myself into believing in the potato posse. 

On the other hand, a condemned man inherits the kingdom and immediately changes the trajectory of the program (at least in appearance) for the better.  Although our dark period was manufactured by incompetence, there is promise on the horizon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions