Somewhere Kaos is smiling.  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

chinook

Re: It is Keen no more
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2022, 05:11:03 PM »
it’ll buff out. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2022, 05:18:09 PM »
This happens every time one of these floozies starts poontangin' around.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
Snaggletiger,WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2022, 05:20:06 PM »
Injured?  In a wreck, I'll getchu' a check.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2022, 05:22:49 PM »
This happens every time one of these floozies starts poontangin' around.
That's nothin but pure and simple old fashioned Communism.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2022, 05:33:52 PM »

It was my fault.  But I am open to suggestions.

Waiting on insurance to see if they total it. It being a 2006 I would bet OEM parts would be hard to find. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2022, 09:41:08 PM »

Waiting on insurance to see if they total it. It being a 2006 I would bet OEM parts would be hard to find.

Was 06 a unique year?
Let them total it.  Buy it from them and hit the pull-a-parts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2022, 11:01:09 PM »
Somewhere Kaos is smiling.  :facepalm:

No joy.

Sorry it’s hurting.  Don’t let them take it from you. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2022, 12:15:58 PM »
No joy.

Sorry it’s hurting.  Don’t let them take it from you.

Thanks, I am torn between wanting to keep it or getting a new one.

Pro's-  Not another mustang like that in the DFW area (that I have ever seen) I have the car pretty much the way I want it. I have never modified the engine, everything as been cosmetic. Painted two years ago. Tuck and roll seats. Upgraded head and fog lights, rear lights, mufflers. Sunroof. Went to 18'  tires and rims. New sound system two years ago. Wife hates driving it (Super pro :clap:)
I kept full coverage on it and for a few years I also had a rider policy, which I let go, seemed liked a waste of money.

Con's- It is almost a twenty years old, it has a lot of squeaks and creaks. The driver seat motor has gone out. It has 150,000 miles on it. It goes in the shop once or twice year to fix something. Cheaper than car payments.   

I'll wait to hear from the estimator and go from there.

If I get a new one I am looking at Shelby's. I'll have to order from the factory as that is the only to get a manual transmission. (stick shift)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2022, 12:47:44 PM »
Thanks, I am torn between wanting to keep it or getting a new one.

Pro's-  Not another mustang like that in the DFW area (that I have ever seen) I have the car pretty much the way I want it. I have never modified the engine, everything as been cosmetic. Painted two years ago. Tuck and roll seats. Upgraded head and fog lights, rear lights, mufflers. Sunroof. Went to 18'  tires and rims. New sound system two years ago. Wife hates driving it (Super pro :clap:)
I kept full coverage on it and for a few years I also had a rider policy, which I let go, seemed liked a waste of money.

Con's- It is almost a twenty years old, it has a lot of squeaks and creaks. The driver seat motor has gone out. It has 150,000 miles on it. It goes in the shop once or twice year to fix something. Cheaper than car payments.   

I'll wait to hear from the estimator and go from there.

If I get a new one I am looking at Shelby's. I'll have to order from the factory as that is the only to get a manual transmission. (stick shift)

I've got a 1963 Thunderbird I bought a year or so ago with the idea of cleaning up a few little things, but I find I don't have time or energy.  I used to love spending afternoons working on my 65 Mustang and had the nostalgic idea that I'd do the same with this.  I haven't.  It's a beautiful car.  Needs the seals put back around the windows and I have the new ones in the trunk.  Everything works.... lights, wipers, turn signals, power seats, power windows.  Interior is nearly perfect.   Needs a radio.

Will sell it.  It drinks some.  Gets about 10mpg.

Wanna be keen?  This is the path.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2022, 02:08:47 PM »
The rules may be different in your state, but you don't want to try and keep it in Alabama.  If the car is a total here, you have to give up the title, and the only one you can get is a salvage title, which does not make the car street legal.  You have to go through a licensed rebuilder to repair it, and then have the car inspected before you can apply for a clean title.  Pain in the arse.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2022, 02:18:34 PM »

Yeah, but do you care?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2022, 03:27:19 PM »
Yeah, but do you care?

About the Benjamins?  Oh yeah!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2022, 04:53:08 PM »
The rules may be different in your state, but you don't want to try and keep it in Alabama.  If the car is a total here, you have to give up the title, and the only one you can get is a salvage title, which does not make the car street legal.  You have to go through a licensed rebuilder to repair it, and then have the car inspected before you can apply for a clean title.  Pain in the arse.

In my discussion with the Insurance, if they total it I have to give up the title. I have it in safety dep box.

I don't know why but this for some reason the accident and the ongoing paperwork has really rattled me, been sleepiness nights and such.  It was car last last week, it was car when I bought it. There are other cars.

My bad, forgot which board I am on.   I have a been a pussy since this happened.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2022, 01:57:44 AM »
You can now get one of those electric Mustangs…
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2022, 07:19:52 AM »

Sixth sign of the apocalypse.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2022, 09:46:04 AM »
That fake hood scoop is gonna be hard to find now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

chinook

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2022, 07:50:52 PM »
That fake hood scoop is gonna be hard to find now.

Ha.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2022, 01:49:47 PM »

Saw some of those at the Texas State fair this year.  Those look like the biggest pieces of shit. I'd say rawl tide before buying one of those. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2022, 02:11:19 PM »

I suggest that you not take any legal advice from here. Seriously.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com