Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Ho-Hum Heisman

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Ho-Hum Heisman
« on: December 07, 2022, 04:38:00 PM »
The Heisman obviously has lost a ton of its luster over the years.  It became far less important right after....ooohhh saayyy...about 2010.  Right in there, for some reason.

But despite it being a popularity contest for the most part, with projected finalists being pimped before the season even starts, I usually at least pay attention.  Football has definitely changed, and some of the stats being put up these days are sick.  Sick, I tell ya'.

Cam's passing stats look almost pedestrian compared to many of the finalists these days, but of course, it was what he did on the ground, along with those stats and combined with his leadership that helped him run away with the trophy.

I look at this year's finalists who will be in New York, and I can't think of a bigger yawn-fest.  Caleb Williams of USC will probably get the nod.  But a group of Williams, CJ Stroud, Max Duggan and Stetson Fuck Georgia Bennett puts me to sleep just thinking about it. 

As I said, I usually pay a little more attention to it than most.  It's been a tradition dating back to when I was a wee little pup.  And I've had the opportunity to watch 3 Auburn men win it.  But this year.....yeesh!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Ho-Hum Heisman
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2022, 05:02:03 PM »
And I have seen all three play.

Now:
 :getoff:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2022, 09:39:16 PM »
We don’t get to see Williams a lot being on the left coast and all.
But when I did, the cat has some skill. When he’s out, USCw is dead in the water.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2022, 11:28:20 AM »
Hooker should have gotten a call.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2022, 12:06:16 PM »

Agreed. I think he would be had he finished the season.  His stats were comparable to Duggan's, with a good bit better production than Stetson Fuck Georgia Bennett's.  Plus, he had his "Heisman moment" against Bama on the big stage. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2022, 12:27:06 PM »
We don’t get to see Williams a lot being on the left coast and all.
But when I did, the cat has some skill. When he’s out, USCw is dead in the water.
Guy is as composed as Bryce Young and can fit throws all over the field.
Must have been a magical season for him when you consider how many games they won with a defense that can't tackle.
And you know they are very athletic.
Just shamefully bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2022, 01:49:37 PM »

Give the guy some time.  He's still trying to put his staff together.
Oh wait...nevermind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2022, 02:57:40 PM »
If he enters the portal, I suggest Freeze DO NOT call.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2022, 03:32:26 PM »
If he enters the portal, I suggest Freeze DO NOT call.

Now, why in the world would you not want Hendon Hoo.......oooohhh, I see what you did there.

Well played, sir.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2022, 03:59:44 PM »
Now, why in the world would you not want Hendon Hoo.......oooohhh, I see what you did there.

Well played, sir.

The Heisman has been a farce since 1997 when they screwed Peyton Manning out of it.  Now it's become who is the most popular skill player on some of the top 10 teams.   Mark Ingram wasn't even the best player on his team the year he won it, much less the entire world of CFB!  I haven't watched it since 2013 when our boy Tre was getting some love.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2022, 04:15:28 PM »
The Heisman has been a farce since 1997 when they screwed Peyton Manning out of it.  Now it's become who is the most popular skill player on some of the top 10 teams.   Mark Ingram wasn't even the best player on his team the year he won it, much less the entire world of CFB!  I haven't watched it since 2013 when our boy Tre was getting some love.

One guaranteed part of every Heisman acceptance speech:

This is for all those people who said I couldn't do it....that I'd never make it.

Bull fucking shit.  Ain't noooobody ever told you you'd never make it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2022, 07:47:22 PM »

Christian McCaffery was up for it in 2009 as well, and had a noticeably better stat line if I remember correctly, but was fucked out of it.

Josh Bynes had a Heisman moment the entire game of the 2009 Iron Bowl. Need LBs like he and Zacoby again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2022, 08:17:04 AM »
Christian McCaffery was up for it in 2009 as well, and had a noticeably better stat line if I remember correctly, but was fucked out of it.

Josh Bynes had a Heisman moment the entire game of the 2009 Iron Bowl. Need LBs like he and Zacoby again.
If only McCaffery's diddy had escaped from prison to see him play.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2022, 04:03:11 PM »
If only McCaffery's diddy had escaped from prison to see him play.

What you talkin' bout, Willis?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2022, 09:09:01 AM »
Williams dead last in fashion show and wins the trophy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2022, 10:41:17 AM »
He tries to be funny a lot but his brain is all fucked up. Just give him a courtesy chuckle emoji every once in a while but for the most part, just ignore him.

I haven’t tried the ignore button yet on him but I highly recommend it for Token.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2022, 08:43:12 AM »
Obviously the media hasn't gotten to your brain yet...there's still hope for you after all.
Ewok's diddy was in a Meatchicken prison so he got the sympathy heisman vote on '09...even after Josh Bynes and company held him to 22 yards in the IB.

Don't mind WT.  He gots the brain pains.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2022, 09:43:58 AM »
Obviously the media hasn't gotten to your brain yet...there's still hope for you after all.
Ewok's diddy was in a Meatchicken prison so he got the sympathy heisman vote on '09...even after Josh Bynes and company held him to 22 yards in the IB.

Don't mind WT.  He gots the brain pains.

I just ain't that bright sometimes, and I am smart enough to recognize it.  That Josh Bynes performance is one of my favorites.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions