Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

$$$$

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: $$$$
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2022, 08:17:54 AM »
Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?
Let's not start a holy war here
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2022, 09:04:14 AM »
lot of teams are just giving the middle finger to the salary cap and willing to pony up the luxury tax payment - Mets are the first in the clubhouse on the front. Errrrrrbody just trying to buy a ring now.....sigh

Btdubbz - few insiders predicting Dansby to the Cubbies and Correa to the Braves...if true....WHOA.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2022, 09:09:48 AM »
lot of teams are just giving the middle finger to the salary cap and willing to pony up the luxury tax payment - Mets are the first in the clubhouse on the front. Errrrrrbody just trying to buy a ring now.....sigh

Btdubbz - few insiders predicting Dansby to the Cubbies and Correa to the Braves...if true....WHOA.
That would be interesting fo sho.  If we get Dansby, all we need for that championship run is a first baseman, a catcher, 3 starters and a closer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2022, 09:44:52 AM »
That would be interesting fo sho.  If we get Dansby, all we need for that championship run is a first baseman, a catcher, 3 starters and a closer.

Turner and Boegarts set awful precedent here. Its gonna force teams to overpay like never before. If I'm the Braves and have to give out a long contract to a SS? Yeahhhh, Correa all day. No offense to Dansby.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2022, 11:15:45 AM »
I know it's foosballz signing day, but dizzamm.  Carlos Correa flips from the Giants and signs with the Mets for 12 years and $315 large.  12 years??? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2022, 01:40:20 AM »
Gotta hand it to the Mets. Spending all that money to get a wild card only to lose to the cubs in the ‘23 NLCS.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2022, 09:26:06 AM »
Gotta hand it to the Mets. Spending all that money to get a wild card only to lose to the cubs in the ‘23 NLCS.

That will be fun to watch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2022, 09:42:21 AM »
I know it's foosballz signing day, but dizzamm.  Carlos Correa flips from the Giants and signs with the Mets for 12 years and $315 large.  12 years???

Gonna be paying a shortstop 30
Million after he turns 40.

At this point the Mets have pigeonholed themselves into a lose lose. No one is going to respect a ring now. And if they lose , it’s going to be even more hilarious. Ahhh, the Mets.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2022, 09:45:13 AM »
Gonna be paying a shortstop 30
Million after he turns 40.

At this point the Mets have pigeonholed themselves into a lose lose. No one is going to respect a ring now. And if they lose , it’s going to be even more hilarious. Ahhh, the Mets.

You have the Dodgers, then the Padres, and now the Mets spending obscene amounts of cash to buy championships.

And they're all going to eventually lose to the Cubs.

BWAAAHAHAHAHA......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2022, 10:06:02 AM »
You have the Dodgers, then the Padres, and now the Mets spending obscene amounts of cash to buy championships.

And they're all going to eventually lose to the Cubs.

BWAAAHAHAHAHA......

It’s the Mets on spending and the next few are not even close. It’s insane and borderline criminal what they’ve done. Illegal, no. But it’s absolutely goes against the spirit of the game and the luxury tax rule to do what they are doing. Cohen is literally just trying to buy a ring to satisfy his and their fans teeny peen syndrome. It may be time for mlb to get a hard cap of some sort.

Ie - 235 million soft cap. Luxury tax to 300. Then that’s the hard cap in which you either start forfeiting games or face suspensions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE