Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Port Hole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Port Hole
« Reply #260 on: May 12, 2023, 03:46:43 PM »
TJ Finley gone....to TXSt.

https://twitter.com/aldotcomTigers/status/1657096563544449034

The Bobcats, of teh Sun Belts, were 4-8 last year.  They might could use a tall, young stroonnng gentleman named Steadman.  Or TJ.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #261 on: May 12, 2023, 03:59:13 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #262 on: May 16, 2023, 09:49:15 AM »
GH broke the news by text. Have to give credit to the news source.  North Texas Mean Green Grad Transfer, Larry Nixon, chooses the good guys.

6'2" 236 OLB

Nixon appeared in 41 games over the course of four seasons for the Mean Green, collecting  245 tackles, 11.5 tackles for loss and 6.5 sacks. In 2022, Nixon started all 14 games for UNT, racking up 105 tackles, 5.5 TFL and a sack.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #263 on: May 16, 2023, 10:18:03 AM »
GH broke the news by text. Have to give credit to the news source.  North Texas Mean Green Grad Transfer, Larry Nixon, chooses the good guys.

6'2" 236 OLB

Nixon appeared in 41 games over the course of four seasons for the Mean Green, collecting  245 tackles, 11.5 tackles for loss and 6.5 sacks. In 2022, Nixon started all 14 games for UNT, racking up 105 tackles, 5.5 TFL and a sack.

Hes PREDICTED to come to the good guys today by On3 and Rivals. Don't think it's happened yet. Would be a YUGGGGE get though, as OLB may be the thinnest room on the team now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #264 on: May 16, 2023, 10:48:03 AM »
Hes PREDICTED to come to the good guys today by On3 and Rivals. Don't think it's happened yet. Would be a YUGGGGE get though, as OLB may be the thinnest room on the team now.

His addition would likely make that room a strength on this team.  We just need some WR's, and I think we will be sneaky good.  Good enough to have a chance against anyone not named Georgia.  This year's team kind of reminds me of the pieces we had in place on the 2009 team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #265 on: May 16, 2023, 11:12:57 AM »

Yeah, reading comprehension has pretty much gone out the window in my old age.  But to be fair, the lighting in this retirement home is pathetic.  And I only get to check messages between exercise and craft classes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #266 on: May 16, 2023, 11:56:23 AM »
His addition would likely make that room a strength on this team.  We just need some WR's, and I think we will be sneaky good.  Good enough to have a chance against anyone not named Georgia. This year's team kind of reminds me of the pieces we had in place on the 2009 team.

Kind of scary where we've been headed the last 4-5 years with this program, and how far we have to go.  I was thinking about FUGA, and where Kirby Smart has taken them.  Granted, he used the Saban model of recruiting....cough....buying...players, but it's all legal now, so that's water under the bridge. 

FUGA had something like 17 players drafted in 22', so you thought, of course they have to rebuild, at least a little.  Nope!  This year, they had a ton drafted on both sides of the ball as well. But, they'll just reload.  Take a quick look at business as usual at FUGA, and how U Free has had to scramble, and continues to scramble in trying to rebuild this roster.

Smart's 2023 class consisted of five 5* guys, and seventeen 4*.  They dipped in the portal 4 times, and all four players were former 4*'s coming out of H.S.

U Free signed ten 4* players.  The rest were 3 *, and so far, he's signed 16 players from the portal, and possibly another one today. Polar opposites.

Obviously, I'm not comparing the jobs the two coaches did.  We all know Freeze's circumstances, and what he's had to do to try and get us competitive in a very short period of time.  Time will tell, when we see what success he has on the field, and has had a few years to recruit the way he wants to. 

What blows my mind, is where we would be had Auburn given Bryman Hatpin another year.  I honestly don't know if we could have recovered this decade.  He was that bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #267 on: May 16, 2023, 12:23:41 PM »
What blows my mind, is where we would be had Auburn given Bryman Hatpin another year.  I honestly don't know if we could have recovered this decade.  He was that bad.

The sad part is I believed in Barney Hamilton.  He talked a big game, and had been successful at his previous stops.  In hindsight, I see the red flags that I ignored at the time. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #268 on: May 16, 2023, 12:32:03 PM »
The sad part is I believed in Barney Hamilton.  He talked a big game, and had been successful at his previous stops.  In hindsight, I see the red flags that I ignored at the time.

I don't think anybody knew how utterly clueless this guy was about recruiting.  I hate using anything FUGA as an example, but a couple of years ago, when Smart was pretty much openly dogging Dan Mullen, he said point blank, it's all about the players.  If you don't get out there and bring in the talent, you have zero chance in this league.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #269 on: May 16, 2023, 12:37:25 PM »

Same, bro.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #270 on: May 16, 2023, 12:49:44 PM »
I don't think anybody knew how utterly clueless this guy was about recruiting.  I hate using anything FUGA as an example, but a couple of years ago, when Smart was pretty much openly dogging Dan Mullen, he said point blank, it's all about the players.  If you don't get out there and bring in the talent, you have zero chance in this league.

Truth is we will never really know if it would/could have worked. Once the PTB went after him in such a public, stanky way, he shut down and just waited on that buyout check.

Is dude an egomaniac? Yep. Most HCs in P5 are.
Was he an incompetent boob? I don't think so.
Did he get pizzed once the poop hit the fan and decided to dare them to can him for nothing they could prove because he knew they had overpaid him to begin with? You betcha.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #271 on: May 16, 2023, 01:40:32 PM »
Truth is we will never really know if it would/could have worked. Once the PTB went after him in such a public, stanky way, he shut down and just waited on that buyout check.

Is dude an egomaniac? Yep. Most HCs in P5 are.
Was he an incompetent boob? I don't think so.
Did he get pizzed once the poop hit the fan and decided to dare them to can him for nothing they could prove because he knew they had overpaid him to begin with? You betcha.

Please please please don't make me re-post the list of red flags that happened BEFORE they went after him.

Cause and effect have gotten severely reversed on the Harsin saga. Dude had the same red flags at Boise....we just didn't want to listen. Myself included.

Hes an absolute narcissistic, self absorbed buffoon who never had any business at a P5 program, and he hasn't learned one damn thing since. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #272 on: May 16, 2023, 01:58:39 PM »
Please please please don't make me re-post the list of red flags that happened BEFORE they went after him.

Cause and effect have gotten severely reversed on the Harsin saga. Dude had the same red flags at Boise....we just didn't want to listen. Myself included.

Hes an absolute narcissistic, self absorbed buffoon who never had any business at a P5 program, and he hasn't learned one damn thing since.

Preach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #273 on: May 16, 2023, 02:17:41 PM »
^^this

I tried so hard. He got me. Hastings is more full of himself than any AU coarch in my lifetime. Coarch Dye was pretty cocky at times. But coach Dye could be because he was coach Dye. Hastings is not.

Kaos was one of the first I remember warning of him. I’m a member of some secret Auburn internet places that I’m not at liberty to discuss and there were allegations and hints there, too. I thought it was a bunch of koonga boonga. I did not want to believe it.

Allen Green without the e, iirc, screwed us over. And I was saying kudos to Al for being his own man and standing up to the powers that be. Boy, that was fucking dumb of me.  I thought it was time to get away from JABA.

Sometimes, the old AU is a good thing. It prevents a catastrophe like AG made with Harper.

I cannot imagine another season with him. The roster would be juco level.

I stuck with him too long and kept believing they were just out to get him. I refused to accept reality.

It reminds me a lot of when they told me that my first wife had run off with a black man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #274 on: May 16, 2023, 02:21:44 PM »

Yep. Unlike my johnson, the list of red flags was long and distinguished. Before the "investigation" started, my position was, "I'm not saying fire the man. But, if this same shit is happening this time next year, he gots to go."

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #275 on: May 16, 2023, 02:23:45 PM »

It reminds me a lot of when they told me that my first wife had run off with a black man.

I'm not black.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #276 on: May 16, 2023, 02:38:25 PM »
I'm not black.
not that color matters
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #277 on: May 16, 2023, 03:31:44 PM »
not that color matters

Thank you for advocating for those that are severely color-blind like myself.  My dumbass is guessing between some shades of green, red, & brown.  Some blues, purples, & pinks give me trouble as well.  Why else would I have married a Turkish woman?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #278 on: May 16, 2023, 03:44:51 PM »
Still busy in the port hole.  I was premature, like I was in bed this weekend, on the Mean Green OLB.  But we got ink from North Texas receiver, Jyaire Short. 

6'2" 218

23 catches for 628 yards and 11 TD's.  That's 27 yards a catch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #279 on: May 16, 2023, 03:57:13 PM »
 :hijacked:
Thank you for advocating for those that are severely color-blind like myself.  My dumbass is guessing between some shades of green, red, & brown.  Some blues, purples, & pinks give me trouble as well.  Why else would I have married a Turkish woman?
I don’t know how to break this to you, other than to just come right out and say it.

Your wife is white.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions