Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

CFP

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
CFP
« on: November 30, 2022, 04:58:42 PM »
I just ran an errand and was in the Ford F-150 listening to some Finedong.  He and his guest, Ross Dellenbach (sp?) were discussing when the CFP was expanding to 12 teams.  His guest said that all depends on the Rose Bowl.  They may get an answer by tonight. I don't understand the ins and outs of how or why, but apparently, if the Rose Bowl agrees to change and be a part of the CFP, thereby changing the traditional date and time of it, the expansion will be in 2024. 

If they don't, then it will be 2026, and will be without the Rose Bowl.  Dellenbach said if they don't agree, it could be a loss of potentially $450 million in revenue. Fuck sake, if they don't agree, then somebody needs to nuke that structure. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: CFP
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2022, 05:11:22 PM »
I just ran an errand and was in the Ford F-150 listening to some Finedong.  He and his guest, Ross Dellenbach (sp?) were discussing when the CFP was expanding to 12 teams.  His guest said that all depends on the Rose Bowl.  They may get an answer by tonight. I don't understand the ins and outs of how or why, but apparently, if the Rose Bowl agrees to change and be a part of the CFP, thereby changing the traditional date and time of it, the expansion will be in 2024. 

If they don't, then it will be 2026, and will be without the Rose Bowl.  Dellenbach said if they don't agree, it could be a loss of potentially $450 million in revenue. Fuck sake, if they don't agree, then somebody needs to nuke that structure.
Why don’t you nuke my structure?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
bottomfeeder,
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022, 11:33:48 AM »
According to Pete Thamel the Rose Bowl agreed on the go ahead for the 12 team playoff for the 2024 season so there's that.

FWIW I'll be pulling for the Utes tomorrow night against the roid freaks of Troy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2022, 12:11:48 PM »
According to Pete Thamel the Rose Bowl agreed on the go ahead for the 12 team playoff for the 2024 season so there's that.

FWIW I'll be pulling for the Utes tomorrow night against the roid freaks of Troy.

Glad to see it.  I'm stoked for a 12 team playoff.  I thought 8 would be the number, but I'm good with 12. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2022, 12:31:59 PM »
Glad to see it.  I'm stoked for a 12 team playoff.  I thought 8 would be the number, but I'm good with 12.
Same here on 8.
Always hated wild card in any sport but I've given way to the more the merrier and richer aspect of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2022, 02:14:09 PM »

Is there an outside chance that Auburn will participate in that playoff? If not, why not? (2013 redux)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2022, 02:47:13 PM »
Same here on 8.
Always hated wild card in any sport but I've given way to the more the merrier and richer aspect of it.
I preferred 6 letting the top two get a bye. Use the old formula ad get rid if that committee BS!
The old formula was tweaked just about right. The only argument was the 3 and 4 teams. After that it was evident you didn't have a case.   
So they wrecked the system instead of enhancing it.

After 6 its all subjective anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2022, 02:49:45 PM »
I preferred 6 letting the top two get a bye. Use the old formula ad get rid if that committee BS!
The old formula was tweaked just about right. The only argument was the 3 and 4 teams. After that it was evident you didn't have a case.   
So they wrecked the system instead of enhancing it.

After 6 its all subjective anyway.

Agree with this.  Easy peasy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2022, 04:17:09 PM »
Snagette says 8 is plenty, so I don't push all the way.

Wait, what were we talking about?

Srsly, the more I think about it going to 12, the more I like it. Gonna' make the post season a lot more fun.  Not only does it give us a better shot at getting in, it also means there will be a bunch of meaningful games instead of the Summer's Eve Depends Weedeater Bowl from scenic Amarillo Texas every night, where half the players are sitting out anyway. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2022, 04:49:50 PM »
On a CFP note, #2 Michigan will be without their Heisman hopeful, Blake Corum, the rest of the way.  Having knee surgery.   He had rushed for 1,468 yards and 18 TD's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2022, 06:09:34 PM »
Agree with this.  Easy peasy.
True enough.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2022, 04:40:24 PM »
I wish it was sooner so the Twitterverse won't have to listen the Saban and the bammers crying about not making the playoffs.  https://twitter.com/i/status/1599425705062072320
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 04:42:44 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2022, 08:26:55 AM »
I wish it was sooner so the Twitterverse won't have to listen the Saban and the bammers crying about not making the playoffs.  https://twitter.com/i/status/1599425705062072320
Damn, that Just For Men is really doing great things these days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.