Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

It's Hugh

jmar

Re: It's Hugh
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2022, 06:07:27 PM »
Rest assured...Deion will build a powerhouse somewhere in short order.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2022, 10:14:48 PM »
This is a home run hire! We’re hiring a football coach not a fucking preacher.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2022, 10:23:40 PM »

You can’t convince the Twitter bitches of that.
They’ll cry for a few days and then realize they have been lied to about the egregious behavior of Hugh.
Screw their Kavanaugh attacking asses.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Jumbo,
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2022, 08:31:26 AM »
Might only be an rbi double at this point for me as a fan but it can improve by putting together a really strong staff and getting the talent needed to compete with our two biggest rivals.

As much as a third of the Twitter flak comes from those that just want to be attached to someone they look up to like Elon Musk or the "you heard it here first" type that seizes on anything negative to create a following.

It's not Penn State under Paterno or Baylor under Briles but that distant drumbeat would have you believe that hiring Hugh Freeze is an unforgivable transgression in the face of all the goodness in the world that Auburn stands for and that just isn't so.

I think that Hugh Freeze is a very good football coach. Don't know if he is the best choice for Auburn from the standpoint of honor and virtue but I'm not going to be harshly critical of the man without giving him a fair opportunity to lead the football program.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
bottomfeeder,
Members reacted like:
bottomfeeder,GH2001,
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2022, 10:22:42 AM »

Have you submitted your dog for proper authorization to be here?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
bottomfeeder,
Members reacted like:
bottomfeeder,
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2022, 10:29:44 AM »
Have you submitted your dog for proper authorization to be here?
Buzz gave me my last good fisting in the Moe’s BBQ parking lot!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
bottomfeeder,
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
bottomfeeder,
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2022, 11:02:59 AM »
Buzz gave me my last good fisting in the Moe’s BBQ parking lot!

After review, the Judges will accept that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2022, 11:14:07 AM »
After review, the Judges will accept that.
Desecrating a bbq joint isn't frowned upon?
We are supposed to be a civilized people people.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2022, 11:17:05 AM »
You can’t convince the Twitter bitches of that.
They’ll cry for a few days and then realize they have been lied to about the egregious behavior of Hugh.
Screw their Kavanaugh attacking asses.

And been lied to that Auburn is some saintly, clean, uppity palace. We haven't been that in quite some time.

K has his reasons. I get it. He will always be a friend of most on here regardless. Its not K that aggravates me. Its OTHERS... The hypocrites. The liars. The sensationalist, emotion Karens who want to pitch a fit and stomp up and down for anything that doesn't go their way. They have zero logic. At the end of the day, this isn't really about Freeze...hes just another domino in this paradigm. The political demagoguery we've seen the last 10-12 years has spilled over into every single facet of life - and that's what I am really seeing in all of this. Its dangerous.

And yes. The treatment of Kavanuagh is a classic case of this mob mentality.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 11:38:21 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2022, 11:25:38 AM »
Desecrating a bbq joint isn't frowned upon?
We are supposed to be a civilized people people.

Well, it WAS in the parking lot.

BTW, Moe's in The Gump is most excellent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2022, 11:32:38 AM »

Huh. Must have replaced Archibald's as the go-to pork place.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2022, 11:36:13 AM »

That lot will never be the same
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2022, 11:43:53 AM »
That lot will never be the same

I wondered what that yellow crime scene tape was there for.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2022, 01:01:33 PM »
And been lied to that Auburn is some saintly, clean, uppity palace. We haven't been that in quite some time.

K has his reasons. I get it. He will always be a friend of most on here regardless. Its not K that aggravates me. Its OTHERS... The hypocrites. The liars. The sensationalist, emotion Karens who want to pitch a fit and stomp up and down for anything that doesn't go their way. They have zero logic. At the end of the day, this isn't really about Freeze...hes just another domino in this paradigm. The political demagoguery we've seen the last 10-12 years has spilled over into every single facet of life - and that's what I am really seeing in all of this. Its dangerous.

The most damning of all is the John Archibald article basically stating that there is a systemic problem of violence against young women on campus at Auburn the last several years and no one connected to the University will address the problem. He then makes the loose connection of hiring of Hugh Freeze as espousing a similar attitude toward women in general.

Dennis Dodd gave his entry with the usual disclaimer about Freeze's misdeeds at Ole Miss only to claim that the football recruiting portion of that is now ripe for the SEC.

John Talty gave a lesser version of the same.

Joseph Goodman and Matt Scalici are birds of a feather and both thrive on slinging shit toward anything Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2022, 01:32:48 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/09/sports/byu-racial-slur-duke-volleyball.html

This is what the mob mentality, court of public opinion gives us. And in the end all we are left with is an unsubstantiated claim.

But damage done.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2022, 01:43:33 PM »
I bet Saban is happy all this attention has turned to Freeze's transgressions.  Now his collie molestation can easily be swept under the rug.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2022, 02:14:46 PM »
Damn it, Were gonna come back next year for a game, We have our bus tickets. Were gonna pack sack lunches to save some money and we found a place right off off 280 (black knight inn?)

Now I have to rethink if I want to spend that kind of money.

I hope he is able to bring in some excellent coordinators.  Deion?

Honestly, I'll have a vague interest at the start of next season, I'll follow games on my phone. 

Gus and Harsin did so much damage to this program, it will take a few years to dig out of the hole.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2022, 02:22:41 PM »
All the Woke Auburn comments make me love the hire.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,GH2001,
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2022, 02:40:25 PM »
All the Woke Auburn comments make me love the hire.

Fo sho!!!

I don't have a problem with the hire.  Not my first choice, but he's the man now, and I'm ready to see what he can do.  Hopefully, he hires some great assistants, grabs a couple of wheelbarrows of NIL cash and heads out on the recruiting trail.

As for his past "transgressions", as long as he wasn't molesting young boys, or puppies, I'm good.  You think ole Hugh was the first football coach to ever seek out a little side piece?  That's between him and his wife, and if they worked things out, I think I can live with it.

On the NCAA dealio, I went back and read all the allegations and what they got popped for.  I hate to break it to folks, but I've seen worse at Auburn with my own eyes.  It goes on everywhere.  And I mean everywhere. Always has, and always will. But now it's legal.  Hell, Lou Holtz left an ass load of NCAA sanctions in his wake, and he's in the Hall of Fame.  I think.  Is he?  Problem was, Freeze beat Lord Saybinz 2 years in a row.  That's not allowed.

I would think that Freeze knows this is the last shot he has at a gig like this. I would also think he's gonna' work his ass off to prove himself and make this program a national contender again.  Should be interesting.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
GH2001,
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2022, 03:30:55 PM »
Fo sho!!!

I don't have a problem with the hire.  Not my first choice, but he's the man now, and I'm ready to see what he can do.  Hopefully, he hires some great assistants, grabs a couple of wheelbarrows of NIL cash and heads out on the recruiting trail.

As for his past "transgressions", as long as he wasn't molesting young boys, or puppies, I'm good.  You think ole Hugh was the first football coach to ever seek out a little side piece?  That's between him and his wife, and if they worked things out, I think I can live with it.

On the NCAA dealio, I went back and read all the allegations and what they got popped for.  I hate to break it to folks, but I've seen worse at Auburn with my own eyes.  It goes on everywhere.  And I mean everywhere. Always has, and always will. But now it's legal.  Hell, Lou Holtz left an ass load of NCAA sanctions in his wake, and he's in the Hall of Fame.  I think.  Is he?  Problem was, Freeze beat Lord Saybinz 2 years in a row.  That's not allowed.

I would think that Freeze knows this is the last shot he has at a gig like this. I would also think he's gonna' work his ass off to prove himself and make this program a national contender again.  Should be interesting.   

I agree with Senator Heflin the esteemed barrister
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
jmar,
Members reacted like:
Snaggletiger,
No reactions