Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Post Iron Bowl/Pre-Coaching Change Thoughts

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Post Iron Bowl/Pre-Coaching Change Thoughts
« on: November 28, 2022, 10:36:07 AM »
On the game, Saturday, there was just too much to overcome, from the self-inflicted wounds, to some garbage calls and non-calls.  Ultimately, the difference in the game was Bryce Young.  He easily escaped every hint of pressure and killed us with his arms and his legs. The “muffed” punt BS call basically put the game away, and we were never going to recover from that big a halftime deficit. On an Alabama note, it was announced that if O-lineman, Tyler Steen, decides to come back for another season, they’re moving him to defense, as he is far and away, the best tackler on the roster.  He had at least 7 solos in the first half alone. 

I have been Robbie Ashford’s biggest critic since he took over.  At times, he’s looked like the worst QB ever to suit up for the burnt orange and blue.  However, it appears to me the last couple of games, this staff played to the strength he does have, and that’s obviously running the ball.  He does that very more gooder.  Is he the QB of the future? I have no idea, and I guess that depends on who the corch is in 2023 and the style of offense they’ll run.  But on Saturday, he looked the part.

Speaking of running the ball, wowza, what a difference a coaching change made.  Very clear that they realized that all the between the tackles running and zone blocking they had been doing under Hatpin, was a big phat flop.  They have been getting guys outside, running down hill with a convoy of big bodies in front. Auburn rushed for well over 300 yards Saturday.  Koo-Does to the staff.

On the coaching search, if it goes past today without an announcement, I find that a bit troubling. It’s not a Chicken Little take, but they’ve had plenty of time to nail down a new head man, and there are some pretty important recruiting and port-hole dates mere days away.  From a personal standpoint, I don’t believe 99.72% of the media and blogger speculation.  Learned that after the last coaching change.  NOBODY KNOWS except those involved in the search, and I’m also 99.72% sure they ain’t calling folks at AU Undercover and discussing it.  I know some names that I want, but I have no say in it, and they’ll hire who they want.  Just get to it!   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

Re: Post Iron Bowl/Pre-Coaching Change Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 11:26:30 AM »
On the game, Saturday, there was just too much to overcome, from the self-inflicted wounds, to some garbage calls and non-calls.  Ultimately, the difference in the game was Bryce Young.  He easily escaped every hint of pressure and killed us with his arms and his legs. The “muffed” punt BS call basically put the game away, and we were never going to recover from that big a halftime deficit. On an Alabama note, it was announced that if O-lineman, Tyler Steen, decides to come back for another season, they’re moving him to defense, as he is far and away, the best tackler on the roster.  He had at least 7 solos in the first half alone. 

I have been Robbie Ashford’s biggest critic since he took over.  At times, he’s looked like the worst QB ever to suit up for the burnt orange and blue.  However, it appears to me the last couple of games, this staff played to the strength he does have, and that’s obviously running the ball.  He does that very more gooder.  Is he the QB of the future? I have no idea, and I guess that depends on who the corch is in 2023 and the style of offense they’ll run.  But on Saturday, he looked the part.

Speaking of running the ball, wowza, what a difference a coaching change made.  Very clear that they realized that all the between the tackles running and zone blocking they had been doing under Hatpin, was a big phat flop.  They have been getting guys outside, running down hill with a convoy of big bodies in front. Auburn rushed for well over 300 yards Saturday.  Koo-Does to the staff.

On the coaching search, if it goes past today without an announcement, I find that a bit troubling. It’s not a Chicken Little take, but they’ve had plenty of time to nail down a new head man, and there are some pretty important recruiting and port-hole dates mere days away.  From a personal standpoint, I don’t believe 99.72% of the media and blogger speculation.  Learned that after the last coaching change.  NOBODY KNOWS except those involved in the search, and I’m also 99.72% sure they ain’t calling folks at AU Undercover and discussing it.  I know some names that I want, but I have no say in it, and they’ll hire who they want.  Just get to it!
We are to believe that all that remains is for Auburn and Freeze's camp to figure out how to get him as much as 3M more a year. Plan B they call it.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2022, 11:50:22 AM »
Damn... the most righteous Hugh Freeze and Chip Kelly make relatively the same money.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2022, 02:57:55 PM »
When President Philpott handed things off to Hanley Funderburk- I was a kid, but I remember it being all over the news. At least in Alabama. And I kept up with all things Auburn because of so many relatives steered me that way.

I remember that things weren’t going very smoothly, after the change.

One thing that sticks out was a big tuition increase and AU’s finances weren’t too hot.

Recently, AU hired a secular Jew AD, with a transgender son, for around 1.5 mil, if I remember correctly. A job that Pat Dye held as secondary to his head coaching responsibilities. I’m pretty sure that Dooley and Bryant did the same.

Things have drastically changed.

I have no problem with Auburn hiring the secular Jew but the transgender freak of a kid, and being proud of it, I do.

It’s a 1.5 million dollar freak show/mistake, on Roberts.

I get that times change. But I promise you that after 4 fucking weeks that I would have done a better job at getting AU a new football coach.

Believe what you want but I swear with my hand up that I would do better.

I knew that things were different around Auburn many years ago. The city grill left downtown, that boy that recorded Larry about keeping it down home, they closed off streets around the Haley Center, etc.

Change is inevitable.

It was obvious to me that the fan base was very different when I started coming around this place and noticed the inordinate amount of fudge packers.

Nice guys, for the most part. But, obvious dick lickers.

Still, if one is Auburn, I am on their team.

Or, I try to be. Not with the dick licking and transgendering wokeness. Fuck all of that and all of you that try to make it Auburn. It isn’t.

Maybe Auburn died a long time ago. I don’t know. But this latest fiasco of a coaching search is a symptom. It’s not the disease.

The generation of so called leaders are failures. And I’m including my own, btw.

And people who are insulated within the educational system and then making real world business decisions are not any good. It’s a very bad idea. The two worlds mix and mingle. But, it is very easy to fuck up with other people’s money.

Zero accountability and no one cares. It’s not their money.

Fucked up situation.

I am having a hard time adjusting to these dick licking losers running the university into the ground.

Why could people call for Hanley Funderburk’s resignation but not these lost balls in high grass?

This is ridiculous and a very bad joke.

If we do wind up with Bucky, I am moving in with Kaos and concentrating on golf.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2022, 03:05:39 PM »
Or, it could be as simple as the guy they're hiring is coaching in a Conference Championship game this weekend. 

Putz!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2022, 03:28:41 PM »
Or, it could be as simple as the guy they're hiring is coaching in a Conference Championship game this weekend. 

Putz!
I have never heard of him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2022, 03:32:50 PM »
I have never heard of him.

Horace Putz.  Grad Assistant with TCU. Works as an analyst.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2022, 04:36:10 PM »
Horace Putz.  Grad Assistant with TCU. Works as an analyst.
Moran
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2022, 08:46:59 PM »
When President Philpott handed things off to Hanley Funderburk- I was a kid, but I remember it being all over the news. At least in Alabama. And I kept up with all things Auburn because of so many relatives steered me that way.

I remember that things weren’t going very smoothly, after the change.

One thing that sticks out was a big tuition increase and AU’s finances weren’t too hot.

Recently, AU hired a secular Jew AD, with a transgender son, for around 1.5 mil, if I remember correctly. A job that Pat Dye held as secondary to his head coaching responsibilities. I’m pretty sure that Dooley and Bryant did the same.

Things have drastically changed.

I have no problem with Auburn hiring the secular Jew but the transgender freak of a kid, and being proud of it, I do.

It’s a 1.5 million dollar freak show/mistake, on Roberts.

I get that times change. But I promise you that after 4 fucking weeks that I would have done a better job at getting AU a new football coach.

Believe what you want but I swear with my hand up that I would do better.

I knew that things were different around Auburn many years ago. The city grill left downtown, that boy that recorded Larry about keeping it down home, they closed off streets around the Haley Center, etc.

Change is inevitable.

It was obvious to me that the fan base was very different when I started coming around this place and noticed the inordinate amount of fudge packers.

Nice guys, for the most part. But, obvious dick lickers.

Still, if one is Auburn, I am on their team.

Or, I try to be. Not with the dick licking and transgendering wokeness. Fuck all of that and all of you that try to make it Auburn. It isn’t.

Maybe Auburn died a long time ago. I don’t know. But this latest fiasco of a coaching search is a symptom. It’s not the disease.

The generation of so called leaders are failures. And I’m including my own, btw.

And people who are insulated within the educational system and then making real world business decisions are not any good. It’s a very bad idea. The two worlds mix and mingle. But, it is very easy to fuck up with other people’s money.

Zero accountability and no one cares. It’s not their money.

Fucked up situation.

I am having a hard time adjusting to these dick licking losers running the university into the ground.

Why could people call for Hanley Funderburk’s resignation but not these lost balls in high grass?

This is ridiculous and a very bad joke.

If we do wind up with Bucky, I am moving in with Kaos and concentrating on golf.
You'll never make it with Kaos because you don't flush the hanley.
Moran.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2022, 10:15:38 AM »

Anyway with regard to the Iron Bowl one couldn't help but notice Auburn's defensive linemen getting doubled and bent over which led to as many as a dozen Tigers requiring team trainer's throughout the game.
Papoe and others pursued downfield to eventually stop the play but it seemed that O'Brien's plan was to use Auburn's aggressiveness and lack of depth against them to win a battle of attrition.

Ashford played to a high standard with the exception of some confusion when Auburn had the Tide defense on it's heels and lost the momentum to confusion and subsequent time out. The power game employed by Auburn did make the game intriguing until the three unanswered second quarter touchdowns brought us back to the reality of the talent disparity.

Agree the difference was having a composed and skillful signal caller like Bryce Young to put the game out of reach early.

Still it was a good plan by Carnell and a strong effort by the team after falling behind early yet continuing to fight until the end.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions