Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Introducing the George Washington Revolutionaries

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Introducing the George Washington Revolutionaries
« on: May 25, 2023, 01:39:45 PM »
https://sports.yahoo.com/george-washington-university-announces-new-revolutionaries-nickname-043228786.html

George Washington University finally has its new name.

The school’s athletic teams will now be known as the Revolutionaries, the school announced on Wednesday. That moniker replaces the Colonials, which had been the university’s nickname since 1926.

The school will keep its mascot, George 1, and the same school colors.

Students first voted to remove the Colonials nickname in 2019, and they presented a petition to the school the following year. Colonials, the petition said, “were active purveyors of colonialism and were complicit in militarized and radicalized violence, oppression and hierarchy,” per The New York Times.

Last year, the university announced plans to finally ditch the name, as it could no longer unify the student body, alumni and others associated with George Washington.

Among other finalists were the “Ambassadors,” the “Sentinels,” the “Revolutionaries” and the “Blue Fog.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Introducing the George Washington Revolutionaries
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2023, 02:09:23 PM »
Dumbasses!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Introducing the George Washington Revolutionaries
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2023, 04:27:13 PM »
The GWPs...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.