Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Prime Time Players

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Prime Time Players
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2022, 11:41:35 AM »
I see. And Deion does have time on his hands arguing from a position of strength because it's already recruiting season for Carnell and Company and he knows the clock is ticking and patience is not something the program has exhibited in the past.

If Lane just wants money, hes doing it right and we need to move on. If he truly wants out of there and into Auburn, he needs to have a real conversation with Sexton and cool his jets on the propaganda.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2022, 11:42:55 AM »
If Lane just wants money, hes doing it right and we need to move on. If he truly wants out of there and into Auburn, he needs to have a real conversation with Sexton and cool his jets on the propaganda.

At this point, I think LK is not even close to being worth the money.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2022, 11:59:04 AM »
Seconded only by the Stoops brother at Kentucky at 6.75M.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2022, 12:14:37 PM »
It's not just about "making a play". You don't want to be perceived as the whore that cannot get laid.
You quietly work the back channels. And if there is a viable place to meet at some middle, you pursue it.
But know that if you "make a play" and fail, the national perception will be worse. And then to prove to everyone you are not a bad guy, you offer Cadillac....

Just an assumption here, but I have to believe 99% of negotiations, feelers etc. are done though agents and back channels anyway.  The problem, as I was saying in another thread, is the media makes this thing have a life of it's own.  Finebaum and all the talking heads give you the impression that Auburn is sending out 25 offers a day, and getting jilted time and time again. 

Did we talk to Napier last time? How about Mario Crystal Balls? Kiffin? Who knows?  Probably so.  But I doubt it got much further than gaging interest.  And I'm sure it was preliminary discussions between the AD, his staff, and their agents.  I'm highly skeptical about us getting turned down by all these prospective corches.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2022, 12:19:44 PM »
Just an assumption here, but I have to believe 99% of negotiations, feelers etc. are done though agents and back channels anyway.  The problem, as I was saying in another thread, is the media makes this thing have a life of it's own.  Finebaum and all the talking heads give you the impression that Auburn is sending out 25 offers a day, and getting jilted time and time again. 

Did we talk to Napier last time? How about Mario Crystal Balls? Kiffin? Who knows?  Probably so.  But I doubt it got much further than gaging interest.  And I'm sure it was preliminary discussions between the AD, his staff, and their agents.  I'm highly skeptical about us getting turned down by all these prospective corches.
I say we make an offer on the pimp so everbody gets laid, even Caddy.
How's that for media expectations?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2022, 12:25:32 PM »
We probably end up with Skip Holtz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2022, 12:53:33 PM »
Our problem could very well come down to the piss poor decision to hire Cohen when we could have had Jay Jacobs again. 😭

Only if he has a bigger TV in his pocket.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2022, 01:13:03 PM »
Only if he has a bigger TV in his pocket.
He did leave a lasting impression.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2022, 02:41:58 PM »

The Napier stuff was legit. Mario? I dunno. I think there was genuine interest. And if there was, I wouldn't put it past Greene to have messed that up. Dude was as amateur hour as Harsin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2022, 02:44:49 PM »

7 years at 9 each= 63 of which 70% is guaranteed. Thats a fair deal even though it seems like a lot.

They've set the bar high at 10/100 with 80% guaranteed.

And you are right....hes not with 100M with almost all of it banked Day 1.

Ole Miss may blink and give him a raise. If that's his goal, then sure - well done Freshwater. But if hes truly serious, this will back fire.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2022, 03:16:29 PM »
7 years at 9 each= 63 of which 70% is guaranteed. Thats a fair deal even though it seems like a lot.

They've set the bar high at 10/100 with 80% guaranteed.

And you are right....hes not with 100M with almost all of it banked Day 1.

Ole Miss may blink and give him a raise. If that's his goal, then sure - well done Freshwater. But if hes truly serious, this will back fire.

It really comes down to which set of 22-year old girls is hotter, wetter and looser. 

I've gotta say UM probably has AU beat in the single-digit-IQ blonde bimbo department. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2022, 09:05:57 PM »
It really comes down to which set of 22-year old girls is hotter, wetter and looser. 

I've gotta say UM probably has AU beat in the single-digit-IQ blonde bimbo department.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2022, 09:15:42 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions