Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Corch Harsin, Gone.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Corch Harsin, Gone.
« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2022, 04:07:16 PM »
Saban has proven it is much more important to have the best talent than it is to have the best coaches.

I have to believe Deion would recruit lights out.

I go back to Satan's Spawn, Kirby Smart, when he was dogging Dan Mullen about recruiting.  He basically said that if you don't go get the players, you ain't winnin' in this league. No question the Neon one would start hauling in a bumper crop.

His personality and a wheelbarrow full of NIL Benjamins????  Lawt!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

chinook

« Reply #101 on: November 22, 2022, 12:18:07 AM »
all I know there’s going to be a lot of disappointed Auburn fans.

regardless we’re a divided fan (football) base we need someone to pull us, the team and the university together.

none of those guys mentioned above can do what Pearl has done for AU basketball.  i’m not sure who that is at the moment or even if that coach exists.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #102 on: November 22, 2022, 10:07:33 AM »
all I know there’s going to be a lot of disappointed Auburn fans.

regardless we’re a divided fan (football) base we need someone to pull us, the team and the university together.

none of those guys mentioned above can do what Pearl has done for AU basketball.  i’m not sure who that is at the moment or even if that coach exists.

Pearl is obviously the exception to the rule.  Very, very few people out there in the coaching profession who have that kind of personality and drive.  He actually makes it a part of his job to try and unite the fan base and get them pumped up. On football weekends, he and his son ride through the tailgates, and will stop and get out amongst em'.

He gets it.

But honestly, when it comes to something as large as the football program at this level, winning the press conference and being a Trooper Taylor towel waver, only goes so far.  There's only one thing that unites everyone....winning.  Nick Saban is a dick head in every sense of the word.  But he wins.  They don't care what he's like.  If Gus hadn't lost 4-6 games for 7 years straight, he'd still be the corch. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #103 on: November 22, 2022, 10:18:25 AM »
Pearl is obviously the exception to the rule.  Very, very few people out there in the coaching profession who have that kind of personality and drive.  He actually makes it a part of his job to try and unite the fan base and get them pumped up. On football weekends, he and his son ride through the tailgates, and will stop and get out amongst em'.

He gets it.

But honestly, when it comes to something as large as the football program at this level, winning the press conference and being a Trooper Taylor towel waver, only goes so far.  There's only one thing that unites everyone....winning.  Nick Saban is a dick head in every sense of the word.  But he wins.  They don't care what he's like.  If Gus hadn't lost 4-6 games for 7 years straight, he'd still be the corch.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #104 on: November 22, 2022, 10:35:11 AM »
Pearl is obviously the exception to the rule.  Very, very few people out there in the coaching profession who have that kind of personality and drive. 

You mean someone like...I dunno...Prime?  Just completed an undefeated season, to boot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #105 on: November 22, 2022, 11:17:40 AM »
You mean someone like...I dunno...Prime?  Just completed an undefeated season, to boot.

I dunno.  Coach Neon Prime definitely has the charisma.  A huge dose of chutzpah.  As I said above, I think he'd be the perfect fit at the perfect time. But that's more with regard to attracting top shelf talent to the Planez.  Is he Lord Bruce, in that he wants to be amongst his minions all the time, glad handing and pumping err'body up?  I believe Pearl is probably unique in that respect.  But the foosballz coach doesn't have to be.  Just win, baby.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #106 on: November 22, 2022, 11:30:33 AM »
I dunno.  Coach Neon Prime definitely has the charisma.  A huge dose of chutzpah.  As I said above, I think he'd be the perfect fit at the perfect time. But that's more with regard to attracting top shelf talent to the Planez.  Is he Lord Bruce, in that he wants to be amongst his minions all the time, glad handing and pumping err'body up?  I believe Pearl is probably unique in that respect.  But the foosballz coach doesn't have to be.  Just win, baby.

Well...maybe BP could coach up Prime in the finer points of AU engagement.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #107 on: November 22, 2022, 11:59:52 AM »
No mention of the news reports and mysterious Tweets out of North Mississippi last night?

No hot takes from Kaos?

No opinions?

This place is dying a slow and painful death.  Nothing but a wanna be newspaper movie critic, a personal injury lawyer (or two, I can't recall Wes' forte'), a former walk on, and the other hangers on...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

wesfau2

« Reply #108 on: November 22, 2022, 12:02:21 PM »
No mention of the news reports and mysterious Tweets out of North Mississippi last night?

No hot takes from Kaos?

No opinions?

This place is dying a slow and painful death.  Nothing but a wanna be newspaper movie critic, a personal injury lawyer (or two, I can't recall Wes' forte'), a former walk on, and the other hangers on...

I think some reporter got out over his skis and clowned himself.  CBS Sports caught collateral damage.  And all the ladies marveled at Lane's bulge.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #109 on: November 22, 2022, 12:12:28 PM »
I saw that "report" and thought The Onion or Babylon Bee right off the bat.

Auburn should name somebody after this weekend's games conclude. I know who I want, but I ain't holdin' my breath over any of them. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #110 on: November 22, 2022, 12:12:48 PM »
I think some reporter got out over his skis and clowned himself.  CBS Sports caught collateral damage.  And all the ladies marveled at Lane's bulge.

Agreed to disagreed.  SI also picked it up.  While not the journalist giant they once were, I don't believe they would risk having that much egg on their face. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #111 on: November 22, 2022, 12:13:32 PM »

Auburn should name somebody after this weekend's games conclude. I know who I want, but I ain't holdin' my breath over any of them.

DKW?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #112 on: November 22, 2022, 01:13:56 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #113 on: November 22, 2022, 01:24:32 PM »

You really don’t get it do you? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

« Reply #114 on: November 22, 2022, 01:43:19 PM »

The tweet was essentially:

I hear Lane's stepping down!

To be clear Auburn has not offered him.

Ergo, Lane to Auburn!

Clownshoes.

Agreed to disagreed.  SI also picked it up.  While not the journalist giant they once were, I don't believe they would risk having that much egg on their face. 

I'm not saying the guy is wrong.  I'm saying he shot his load while they were blocking the scene.  Which might result in him being wrong.  Media leaks have fouled deals before.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #115 on: November 22, 2022, 02:16:42 PM »
You been callin' the drill phone?

Some jokes never get old.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #116 on: November 22, 2022, 02:21:56 PM »
The tweet was essentially:

I hear Lane's stepping down!

To be clear Auburn has not offered him.

Ergo, Lane to Auburn!

Clownshoes.

I'm not saying the guy is wrong.  I'm saying he shot his load while they were blocking the scene.  Which might result in him being wrong.  Media leaks have fouled deals before.

I just realized what maroon I was/am.  When I saw the first line of the twat, about him stepping down Friday, I immediately called BS, because there's no way he's walking out on his program the day BEFORE the Egg Bowl.

Paying attention often pays dividends in life.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #117 on: November 22, 2022, 02:45:02 PM »
I just realized what maroon I was/am.  When I saw the first line of the twat, about him stepping down Friday, I immediately called BS, because there's no way he's walking out on his program the day BEFORE the Egg Bowl.

Fat, drunk and stupid...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #118 on: November 22, 2022, 03:14:12 PM »
Christ.  Seven years of college, down the drain.  Might as well join the fucking Peace Corps.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #119 on: November 22, 2022, 03:35:32 PM »

The dildo of consequences rarely arrives lubed.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
oldautiger,WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'