Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Corch Harsin, Gone.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Corch Harsin, Gone.
« on: October 31, 2022, 01:40:09 PM »
Personally, I was hoping they would wait until the end of the season. I hate to see this happen all the time. It's a Merry-Go-Round.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Corch Harsin, Gone.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2022, 01:44:35 PM »
Personally, I was hoping they would wait until the end of the season. I hate to see this happen all the time. It's a Merry-Go-Round.g]

Take the trash with you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
bottomfeeder,
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2022, 03:34:02 PM »
So, who replaces him? I hope they have someone in mind. Perhaps they can buy out someone's contract in an effort to lure them away from another school. I missed the entire behind the scene drama with Harsin. What happened? What trash are you referring to? I've been studying immunology and anatomy/physiology.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2022, 06:41:51 PM »
So, who replaces him? I hope they have someone in mind. Perhaps they can buy out someone's contract in an effort to lure them away from another school. I missed the entire behind the scene drama with Harsin. What happened? What trash are you referring to? I've been studying immunology and anatomy/physiology.

A cucumber would be an improvement.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
bottomfeeder,
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2022, 10:21:09 PM »
A cucumber would be an improvement.

1,3,5,7,11…

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2022, 10:11:38 AM »
Thank you in advance for saving the program from a cucumber. Hire Deion because he's available, affordable and gives the program immediate recognition that will give Auburn the boost it needs... like having Pearl for basketball. Competing for talent against Saban and Kirby is a no win. Nothing risky about it, just bold, kind of like electing Donald J. Trump.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2022, 10:27:46 AM »
My hope is that the new AD, and whoever may be in his ear, are looking for that hire that "moves the needle".  We never have.  Since Shug Jordan stepped down:

Doug Barfield:  Okay.

Pat Dye: Yes, he wound up being exactly what Auburn needed at the time.  Changed the culture and overall attitude of the program and fan base.  But when he was hired, there was a collective, "What's his name again?  Where did he come from?"

Terry Bowden:  4'11" and his only claim to fame, other than coaching at Samford, was that he had a famous Diddy.

Tommy Tuberville: I liked the hire, because I thought he did a solid job at a probation-riddled Ole Miss program.  But hardly struck fear in the rest of the college football world. 

Gene Chizik: 5-19 and booed at the airport.

Gus Malzahn:  1 year of HC experience with Arkansas State

Bryman Hatpin:  Before he was even mentioned as Auburn's next coach, could you find 3 people east of the Mississippi who could tell you where he was coaching?

I'm not talking about what each of these guys did, or didn't do once they got the job.  I'm saying that we've never made a hire where people said, "Uh oh, looks like Auburn just got serious about football".  In fact, you could probably go as far as saying Bruce Pearl is the only hire in Auburn sports history that made people stand up and take notice. 

I don't buy for one second, the overplayed narrative of how dysfunctional this program is, and how it's really run by Yella Fella and his band of evil boosters. Bullshit!!!  A coach at Auburn will be paid, and paid damn well. He will have all the resources he could ever want or need, to recruit, build the program and compete for championships. It's actually very simple, and similar to any major program.  Win, and life is pretty damn good.  Go 9-12, and look like shit doing it, and you're going to get a huge buyout and be shown the door. 

I don't know exactly who would be that guy.  Dee-yon?  Lane?  Urban?  Not promoting any of these.  Just giving examples.  But if they name Jeff Grimes, or some up and comer from Youngstown State, fuck it!  I will start to believe the dysfunction theories.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2022, 10:51:47 AM »
My hope is that the new AD, and whoever may be in his ear, are looking for that hire that "moves the needle".  We never have.  Since Shug Jordan stepped down:

Doug Barfield:  Okay.

Pat Dye: Yes, he wound up being exactly what Auburn needed at the time.  Changed the culture and overall attitude of the program and fan base.  But when he was hired, there was a collective, "What's his name again?  Where did he come from?"

Terry Bowden:  4'11" and his only claim to fame, other than coaching at Samford, was that he had a famous Diddy.

Tommy Tuberville: I liked the hire, because I thought he did a solid job at a probation-riddled Ole Miss program.  But hardly struck fear in the rest of the college football world. 

Gene Chizik: 5-19 and booed at the airport.

Gus Malzahn:  1 year of HC experience with Arkansas State

Bryman Hatpin:  Before he was even mentioned as Auburn's next coach, could you find 3 people east of the Mississippi who could tell you where he was coaching?

I'm not talking about what each of these guys did, or didn't do once they got the job.  I'm saying that we've never made a hire where people said, "Uh oh, looks like Auburn just got serious about football".  In fact, you could probably go as far as saying Bruce Pearl is the only hire in Auburn sports history that made people stand up and take notice. 

I don't buy for one second, the overplayed narrative of how dysfunctional this program is, and how it's really run by Yella Fella and his band of evil boosters. Bullshit!!!  A coach at Auburn will be paid, and paid damn well. He will have all the resources he could ever want or need, to recruit, build the program and compete for championships. It's actually very simple, and similar to any major program.  Win, and life is pretty damn good.  Go 9-12, and look like shit doing it, and you're going to get a huge buyout and be shown the door. 

I don't know exactly who would be that guy.  Dee-yon?  Lane?  Urban?  Not promoting any of these.  Just giving examples.  But if they name Jeff Grimes, or some up and comer from Youngstown State, fuck it!  I will start to believe the dysfunction theories.

Deion Sanders - exactly zero years of P5 experience, less college experience than Gus, Barfield or anybody on the list.  This isn't Celebrity Coaches on OWN. 
Lane - Wondering how does this guy "move the needle" unless you're talking about his needle in a college town moving as the skirts pass by? I guess he's an okay coach, but he seems to be a Natty Lite version of Mike Leach. He's like an Old Row t-shirt come to life.
Freeze  - I'm close to the end of my rope with AU as a whole as it is. Bring in the Dollar General version of Rev. Nutt?  The tape will disintegrate as I disavow.
Urban/Mullen/Leach/etc - Fuck no. 

I don't know who the right guy is. But I don't think it's any of those.  I honestly don't think we're going to find the rockstar guy who people rush to the airport to see and try to fuck on the tarmac (Saban).  The "right" guy might be that up and comer from Alamedo Tech.  Problem there is some young buck is going to have a hard time getting everybody on the same page.  That's what AU needs and if I'm being honest with myself, that hasn't been the case since the mid 80s with Dye.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2022, 11:30:31 AM »
Deion Sanders - exactly zero years of P5 experience, less college experience than Gus, Barfield or anybody on the list.  This isn't Celebrity Coaches on OWN. 
Lane - Wondering how does this guy "move the needle" unless you're talking about his needle in a college town moving as the skirts pass by? I guess he's an okay coach, but he seems to be a Natty Lite version of Mike Leach. He's like an Old Row t-shirt come to life.
Freeze  - I'm close to the end of my rope with AU as a whole as it is. Bring in the Dollar General version of Rev. Nutt?  The tape will disintegrate as I disavow.
Urban/Mullen/Leach/etc - Fuck no. 

I don't know who the right guy is. But I don't think it's any of those.  I honestly don't think we're going to find the rockstar guy who people rush to the airport to see and try to fuck on the tarmac (Saban).  The "right" guy might be that up and comer from Alamedo Tech.  Problem there is some young buck is going to have a hard time getting everybody on the same page.  That's what AU needs and if I'm being honest with myself, that hasn't been the case since the mid 80s with Dye.

I think you're really casting a negative slant over the first two. Not that there aren't a few concerns with each but they both have a ton of positive and upside as well. Especially with talent acquisition and NIL.

There is no slam dunk hire anymore. Every candidate is going to have their pros and cons. I think the trick here is to weigh all of those out and make a great decision based off fit at this point. Both Deion and Lane would be splashes. They would amass talent at a place like Auburn whose NIL collective is now sitting at 13 million after 40 days. There is a new FOF. Tons of resources.

I think they both COULD do well if given full control like Mal did with Nick, and later UGA with Kirby.

No 100% guarantee anymore but I do think they have huge upside. Deion has done some wonderful things at JSU on limited budget. His kids love him. There is zero doubt he would haul in talent. Can he run a huge pressure cooker of a program should be the concern. But I guess that concern could have been there for Kirby, Urban or even Dye in 1980. Intuition is key here by the hirer. I know of ton of recruits were talking to LOVE Lane as well. Hes got that DGAF swagger. We could use a little of that without the egomaniac part that was Harsin.

Who would be an absolute slam dunk, sure thing that would satisfy the masses? No one.

Urban, Bobby Stoops, Baby Stoops? Urban has some of the same sliminess as Freeze. Big Game Bob, sure. Hes a hell of a coach no doubt. He gets a bad rep based off not winning the big one but he did win a natty and won 10.5 per year for a LONG time. Baby Stoops? I like him but he has shit the bed a few times this year and his team looked woefully unprepared. I think he would be solid over the long haul but Auburn needs a Bruce type hire right now. High Risk, High Reward. We need immediate infusion from top 10 classes and portal prowling. I do think only Lane and Deion can do that.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 11:35:17 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
jmar,Ogre,
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2022, 12:01:34 PM »
I am no great judge of character, but it looks like Kiffin has matured since his time at Saban's school for wayward coarches.  He still has that ability to goad with the best of them though.  You can't deny that he is pretty good at this portal stuff and with the NIL resources here, he could recruit lights out.  The big drawback with him is whether or not he would get a quality DC.

With Deion, there is a huge risk/reward at play.  Would we be able to land top 50 recruits and keep up with the Jones'?  Hell yes!  Would his tenure at Auburn end in a glorious disaster?  Also, Hell yes!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2022, 01:09:36 PM »
Especially with talent acquisition and NIL.

What good is talent if the corches don't know how to corch'em up? That's been a problem since Tubby left.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2022, 01:15:15 PM »
Prime Time
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2022, 02:20:21 PM »
Sure. Let's fawn all over Deion like he's the second coming, only to have him say "no thanks".
Whoever is in charge of contacting him better be damn sure he is sincere about coming here. If not, you make the whole program look like the disaster it is. And if he does come here, prepare for a huge shift in how things are perceived at AU. And that may not be in the way you want. It could be a greatest hire of the century. Or it could be a PR disaster. But for goodness sake, do the homework and make an informed decision based on experience and stability. If it ends ugly, AU will be seen as/made out to be nothing more than a hillbilly huckster.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2022, 02:24:42 PM »
In the 1989 sugar bowl vs free shoes university, I watched primetime get away with pass interference in the end zone of the super dome. It was on the opposite side of where I was sitting but I have heard numerous people agree. And it certainly appeared that he was very early with contact.

Then, he intercepted a Reggie Slack pass in the end zone intended for Lawyer to seal the game. He promptly ran to our sideline and started talking that koonga boonga (sorry Wes).

He was a phenomenal athlete. I talked to Derrick Thomas on Bourbon Street who was there in his Alabama cotton bowl jersey so that everyone would know that he played ball. A very weird dude. One of my HS friends played for FSU and I was with him. He said that Derrick was there because he was friends with Deion.

Pat Washington was at the table with us in an Auburn shirt in Pat O’Brien’s and  he was coaching at the time. Someone introduced Derrick to Pat and he just stared at him. Didn’t say a word. I’m telling the  truth. I had friends who were on the team with him who would say the same. Dude thought very highly of himself.

Pat just brushed it off and didn’t make a big deal about it and Derrick walked on, alone in his Alabama jersey, down Bourbon Street.

I said all of that in order to say this: FUCK PRIMETIME. Fuck his momma, granny and etc.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 03:07:11 PM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
jmar,
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2022, 03:15:25 PM »
Thank you in advance for saving the program from a cucumber. Hire Deion because he's available, affordable and gives the program immediate recognition that will give Auburn the boost it needs... like having Pearl for basketball. Competing for talent against Saban and Kirby is a no win. Nothing risky about it, just bold, kind of like electing Donald J. Trump.
praise be to the Good Lord. Thank you, Jesus. I assumed you were either dead or in a home.

Please help to get a head coach in place before leaving this earth.
friendly
funny
dislike
Members reacted friendly:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2022, 03:21:44 PM »
When Sanders got into coaching, it was almost gimmicky to me. Never thought he was serious, or that he would stay longer than just enough time to put it on his resume. Obviously, he’s still in the early stages of his coaching career.  And despite the fact that Jackson State ain't exactly in the SEC West, he does have an impressive 23-5 record. (.821) I get the upside, and possible downside to Prime. But what I’m far more concerned with is who does he surround himself with?  I don’t give a flying, flippity fuck how big a name you are, if you don’t hire good people to actually do the work.  But I’m pretty sure you’ll find that any great coach got to where he is because of that.  So, I checked.

The reality is, he’s assembled a nice staff at JSU. A lot of experience, both at the Power 5 (SEC) and NFL levels.  I can’t recall all of them, other than Dennis Thurman, who was the Buffalo Bills’ DC for 4 years.  I’d encourage you to pull up the JSU staff and read some of their bio’s.  It made me feel a good bit better about the prospect of going after this guy.  For the record, I give us about a 31/77, or 26.844% chance of signing him.  Maybe not signing, but simply going after him.  That would be soooo Un-Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
WiregrassTiger,
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2022, 03:28:13 PM »
We live in a different time as far as today's athlete.  The days of the hard ass disciplinarian type coach does not work any more.  In order to be a top tier College team, you have to have top tier talent.  I'm not talking 1-2 5 stars a year, it takes boatloads of 5 stars to compete at the highest level. 

If I was Auburn, I would bring in Deion for no other reason than his ability to attract "today's" athlete.  Then I would give him an unlimited budget for a top tier staff and all the NIL money he needs to RAPIDLY upgrade our talent level.

Who do you think a kid would rather sign with?  the hottest name in the game (Deion) or someone like Bill Obrien or Matt Rhule?

I'd be hanging my hat on PRIME TIME
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
bottomfeeder,
Members reacted dislike:
WiregrassTiger,

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2022, 03:45:01 PM »
So, apparently the consensus is to go after Primetime at all cost and spend an unlimited amount of money on the NIL. You know, since we are apparently the wealthiest program in football?

Spend whatever it takes. Maybe it’s a good business model. Build it and they will come.

Fuck Deion.
friendly
funny
dislike
Members reacted friendly:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2022, 05:47:20 PM »
So, apparently the consensus is to go after Primetime at all cost and spend an unlimited amount of money on the NIL. You know, since we are apparently the wealthiest program in football?

Spend whatever it takes. Maybe it’s a good business model. Build it and they will come.

Fuck Deion.

We could always go find a bunch of 3 star diamonds in the rough and coach them up.  Take your pick
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
WiregrassTiger,

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2022, 05:51:41 PM »
Brandon Marcello was on PF a bit ago.  Yeah, yeah, I know.  I'm quite certain he has no more "insider" information than anybody else.  But just for discussion, he says they are all in on Lane as the #1 candidate, and have been for some time. 

That's fine, and I'm good with it if it happens.  What I DON'T want to see, is what happens every time we go through this.  The media christens the hot candidates, and if Auburn doesn't sign them, and probably never talked to them, it's portrayed as Auburn getting turned down again.  Who wants to jump in this mess? 

Like Mario Crystalballs.  He was the immediate target according to all the talking heads.  Does anyone know if Auburn ever talked to him?  He never said they did.  All he said was he was happy at Oregon. Then he left.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
WiregrassTiger,