Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Goodness Gracious!

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Goodness Gracious!
« on: October 28, 2022, 01:33:56 PM »
Great Balls of Fire!  The Killer is gone!   :sad: Just saw it announced a few minutes ago.  Put Nook on suicide watch. 
friendly
funny
dislike
Members reacted friendly:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Goodness Gracious!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2022, 01:40:08 PM »
Great Balls of Fire!  The Killer is gone!   :sad: Just saw it announced a few minutes ago.  Put Nook on suicide watch.

Surprised it hadn't happened years ago.  I've seen the guy three times as opening acts for other groups.  First time in the 80s and he was better than the opening act.  Last time he was nearing his 80s. Still pretty good on the piano, but clearly in poor health.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2022, 01:50:11 PM »
Surprised it hadn't happened years ago.  I've seen the guy three times as opening acts for other groups.  First time in the 80s and he was better than the opening act.  Last time he was nearing his 80s. Still pretty good on the piano, but clearly in poor health.

I would have love to seen him live. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2022, 01:55:26 PM »
Reports are that TMZ was wrong in reporting he's dead.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2022, 02:05:36 PM »
I would have love to seen him live.

Not at the end.  When I first saw him it was still piano on fire, kick shit over, work the crowd. The last time he just kind of sat there.  Needed help getting to and from the piano.  Hands didn't betray him, he could still bang the keys, but just about everything else did.  If I remember right, he only played like five or six songs.  It was at Jazzfest.  Probably 2014 or 15 maybe?  Came on before Elton John. 

Happy I got to hear him while he was still energetic.  Same with Charlie Daniels (still one of my favorite all-time concerts). 

I do wonder how he got away with marrying his 14-year old cousin.  That wouldn't fly today. Oh, who am I kidding. It would be celebrated as the new norm. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2022, 02:32:38 PM »
Not at the end.  When I first saw him it was still piano on fire, kick shit over, work the crowd. The last time he just kind of sat there.  Needed help getting to and from the piano.  Hands didn't betray him, he could still bang the keys, but just about everything else did.  If I remember right, he only played like five or six songs.  It was at Jazzfest.  Probably 2014 or 15 maybe?  Came on before Elton John. 

Happy I got to hear him while he was still energetic.  Same with Charlie Daniels (still one of my favorite all-time concerts). 

I do wonder how he got away with marrying his 14-year old cousin.  That wouldn't fly today. Oh, who am I kidding. It would be celebrated as the new norm.

True fact.  It's easier in 2022 than it was in 1967 for a boy named Sue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2022, 05:13:59 PM »
True fact.  It's easier in 2022 than it was in 1967 for a boy named Sue.
how do you do?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2022, 12:14:47 AM »
Jimmy is the only one left.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2022, 05:55:02 PM »
Jimmy is the only one left.

The guy who makes those sausage biscuits?  I know you see him walking around on TV hyping his seasoned ground pork and flaky buns, but it's an illusion. That guy is dead. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2022, 11:11:55 PM »
The guy who makes those sausage biscuits?  I know you see him walking around on TV hyping his seasoned ground pork and flaky buns, but it's an illusion. That guy is dead.
Jimmy, Mickey, and Jerry Lee.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

chinook

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2022, 12:36:27 AM »
rest in peace killer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions