Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Pre-Dick-Shuns Week Huit

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Pre-Dick-Shuns Week Huit
« on: October 19, 2022, 04:00:06 PM »
I was 3-1 on my pre-dick-shuns this past Saturday, missing the Kansas - Oklahoma game.  I picked Tennessee to take down the Tahd, but it turns out, the win is null and void because, “Paawwwl, them redneck ass Vawls dun paid them refureees to screw Bammer outta’ that game.  Whutchu thank, Paaaawwwl?

With an off week, we don’t have to suffer through another debacle, and we can grill out, drank beer(z) and watch other fans go through it.  No Biz Markee games, but some decent ones just the same. 

#14 Syracuse @ #5 Clemson: The Fighting Dabo’s being undefeated at this point is a bit of a surprise to many, but not totally unexpected given the league they play in, and the fact that they have still recruited at a high level.  What is surprising are the Cuse’ coming in to Death Valley unblemished themselves. The Orange are averaging 36 a game, while giving up just over 13. Impressive, until you see that their best win, by far, is against NC State.  Clemson is a 13.5 point favorite.  Big number.  If the Syracuse D really is stingy, I like them to cover, but still fall short.

Clemson:  35

Syracuse:  24

#24 Mississippi State @ #6 Bama:  On the surface, this might look like a total mismatch.  Bama should be pissed and looking to make a statement.  The Dawgs looked very pedestrian in a loss to Kentucky.  However, the Pirate should come in with a nothing to lose attitude, especially being 21 point dogs.  And someone asked something yesterday that kind of hit home.  How close is Bama to being 4-3 and out of the top 25?  Texas…A&M. Literally a play away from losing both.  I’ll take Bama to win, but not without a lot of, “Here we go again” on Saturday.

Bama:  42

MSU:  30

#7 Ole Miss @ LSU:  The Bengal Tigers handled Gusty Gaytah, and didn’t look half bad in doing so.  This one is in Baton Rude, and Ole Miss is really one of their biggest rivals.  It should be a goodun’.  But, I like the Racist Rebels here for one reason.  Damn, they run the ball.  And they run it well. Not just because of what they did on the ground against us.  They lead the SEC in rushing, not by a little, but a pretty good margin at 271 ypg.  When you can pound it like they do, that gives Joey Freshwater all the weapons at his disposal.  I think they keep rolling in the Rude.

Ole Miss:  45

LSU:  28

Feel free to talk amongst yourselves 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Pre-Dick-Shuns Week Huit
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2022, 04:04:51 PM »
I see you are going to totally ignore our annual matchup against Bye!!  Those sons of bitches have the nastiest of D's.  I don't ever remember us scoring against them, but their O must suck too because I don't remember them scoring on us either.  Which all that is really weird.  I didn't think two teams could tie anymore and had to play in OT?  I must be wrong about that one. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2022, 05:04:29 PM »
I see you are going to totally ignore our annual matchup against Bye!!  Those sons of bitches have the nastiest of D's.  I don't ever remember us scoring against them, but their O must suck too because I don't remember them scoring on us either.  Which all that is really weird.  I didn't think two teams could tie anymore and had to play in OT?  I must be wrong about that one.

I never touch those odd match ups. Kind of like the time we played that guy, Barry, in basketball.  I had heard about Barry, and knew he was pretty slick on the court, but never in my life did I dream....

Just glad I didn't put any money down on that one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2022, 12:35:03 PM »
I'm gonna run a 5K at the airport early Saturday morning.

Get cleaned up.

Head to Asheville and meet some pals for grub and brews.

Sober up.

Drive home.

Catch the scoreboard show on whatever radio I tune into headed back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2022, 12:51:51 PM »
If we can hold open to zero and get a couple of scores on defense, I like our chances against open. Assuming we can keep our turnovers in single digits. But I think Hattaway is going with one QB this week, so no turnover competition.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2022, 02:05:19 PM »
If we can hold open to zero and get a couple of scores on defense, I like our chances against open. Assuming we can keep our turnovers in single digits. But I think Hattaway is going with one QB this week, so no turnover competition.

See, I've been thinking Hanrahan would go with the QB rotation, allowing Open to hang around.  I think we win, but I'm not sure we cover.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2022, 02:51:20 PM »
See, I've been thinking Hanrahan would go with the QB rotation, allowing Open to hang around.  I think we win, but I'm not sure we cover.

That's the problem.  Hatfield is such a loose cannon, you don't know if he's going to play one, two, or seven guys under center.  Stay away from this one.  Vegas is seeing a lot of money going towards Open, late.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2022, 02:56:06 PM »
That's the problem.  Hatfield is such a loose cannon, you don't know if he's going to play one, two, or seven guys under center.  Stay away from this one.  Vegas is seeing a lot of money going towards Open, late.

We need Leonard's Losers to help us pick.
friendly
funny
dislike
Members reacted friendly:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2022, 02:56:25 PM »
Jimmy the Greek likes Auburn because we have more blacks than open.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2022, 03:22:00 PM »
Jimmy the Greek likes Auburn because we have more blacks than open.

That's disgusting.  Totally uncalled for.  Jimmy the Greek has been dead for years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2022, 05:07:42 PM »
That's disgusting.  Totally uncalled for.  Jimmy the Greek has been dead for years.

Cross him off, then.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2022, 10:47:23 PM »

I agree.  Halibut says we need to make new mistakes now.  I fully expect open to get at least 2 safeties this week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.