Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Systemic Regression

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Systemic Regression
« on: October 07, 2022, 04:18:19 PM »
Customer service has become a farce. 

I remember when Wal Mart staff was engaged and invested.  Always friendly, always helpful.  Ask any random associate where something was and they'd either drop what they were doing and walk you there or they'd give specific directions.  Now? "That's probally over in house ware. If you don't see it we must be out."  Useless. Just one of the many reasons I quit shopping there. 

Today, I needed to get into my credit card account.  The password I had stored on my computer didn't work. Emailed for a new one and instead I got a 'hint' that matched what I had stored.   So I typed it out figuring maybe I'd made a mistake.  Nope.  Changed it. Nope. Now I'm locked out.

Call the number on the back of the card. Get Robby the Robot who wants to ask question after question to verify my identity.  After jumping through that whole list, Robby says "something doesn't look right" and asks for my SSN.  Nope, Robby Robot, we'll just bypass you.   Called the Took me six attempts going "human" before he finally gave up demanding my SSN.  12 minutes and 44 seconds later somebody who sounded like they were in a basement chugging cigarettes two at a time asks me "is this about a credit card? I'm gonna have to transfer you."  Wait.  I called the number on the back of the card.  Why would you have to transfer me?  "I don't make the rules" 

Back to hold music. 

Another 11 minutes goes by.  Get somebody that asks 15 verification questions.  Looks things up.   Tell her I can't log in and I know I'm using the right password.  "Oh, that site is down.  That's why."  Down?  "Yes, it's not working now."  Okay, fine.  I want to pay the card off, so I will just wait until it's up.  "Well, it's been down for three or four weeks, so..."  The bank card site has been down for a month? "Yeah, so it might be a while."  Fine, if you can get in there, just use the payment account and pay it off.  "Oh, we don't have that.  I'm going to need you to fax me a canceled check."  You don't have the bank information I've used to pay that card for the last nine years?  "No.  Just fax me a blank check."  Who has checks any more?  Seriously.  "Ok, well, you can pay it off using another credit card."  No, that would be stupid.  How long will the site be down. "I can't speak to that, sir."  So if I don't pay this in, say, the next few weeks you'll report it to the credit bureau as past due, even though you've denied me the ability to pay? "Yes sir.  You can still pay. You can send me a cancel check."  I have not seen a paper check in 15 years.  I don't have one.  "Well, you can go to any branch near you and pay it and bring them a cancel check." 

Ridiculous. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Systemic Regression
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2022, 04:30:29 PM »
I told you long ago to cancel your circuit city and Sears charge cards - and to get a real legit credit card that is more modern. But you don’t listen to me dude.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2022, 08:13:00 PM »
I told you long ago to cancel your circuit city and Sears charge cards - and to get a real legit credit card that is more modern. But you don’t listen to me dude.

This is Synovus.  Card I’ve had for more than 20 years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2022, 10:26:53 AM »
This is Synovus.  Card I’ve had for more than 20 years.

The insanity continues.  Got a notification my card was past due.  Called today to try to get some resolution. 

Thirty-four minutes into the call, after the sixth "Dis Shaqueena, << sixteen questions I've already answered >> oh, you has the wrong department, lemme transfer you..."  I end up with someone who attempts to take a flight reservation.  That's all she handles.  She's actually nice and apologetic, suggests that perhaps I called the wrong number and cannot fathom how the transfer came to her because she has no affiliation with the card company.

It appears the LAST Shaqueena was either making her own airline reservations as she chowed on a ham sandwich and fat-fingered the transfer or they just got tired of my shit and bounced me out of the system to some random number. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2022, 12:24:38 PM »
I wonder who processes their cards for them. It is unheard of in this industry to have a system down for a few minutes, much less a month.
I think you were getting the shaft.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2022, 12:34:53 PM »
I wonder who processes their cards for them. It is unheard of in this industry to have a system down for a few minutes, much less a month.
I think you were getting the shaft.

System is down.  I can confirm that. It will not let you log in.

One of the Shaqueena’s (whose name was Clotitha - I made her spell it for me) said “we are changing to another platform we just haven’t notified the customers yet.  That whole site is gonna be close down at some point.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2022, 05:03:41 PM »
System is down.  I can confirm that. It will not let you log in.

One of the Shaqueena’s (whose name was Clotitha - I made her spell it for me) said “we are changing to another platform we just haven’t notified the customers yet.  That whole site is gonna be close down at some point.”

And this is Synovus??
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2022, 08:46:51 PM »
And this is Synovus??

Yep. It is. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2022, 08:46:52 AM »
Yep. It is.

How far they have fallen....good grief.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2022, 09:34:11 AM »
It could be worse. You could have a PayPal account that prevents you from using it to purchase ammunition, rifles or handguns. Furthermore, Synchrony bank (PayPal's credit arm) can fine you for posting what they deem as "misinformation" to the tune of $2500 per incident. Their stock fell like a rock and many closed their accounts. It's a ClownWorld full of bullshit. I'm watching the bammers get manhandled by some volunteers while watching the meltdown in real time on FB priceless.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions