Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Dysfunction Junction

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Dysfunction Junction
« on: September 27, 2022, 10:34:54 AM »
Well, here we go again.  The talk shows and message boards all on fire over who Auburn’s next football coach will be, before the current coach is even fired.  Will Bryman Harvinz be fired mid-season? I have no idea, and no “inside sources” who could, or would give me any insight on that subject. I’m just an average Joe, doing my 8:00 to 5:00 thing. A real ham and egger.  Do I want a change?  Absolutely!  I wanted him gone before he got back to the locker room this past Saturday.  But, I also understand it’s not always that easy. A lot of dynamics, and a lot of money involved. I’ve resigned myself to the fact that I have zero control over any of that, and things will play out the way those who do have control want it to.

The ”Here we go again” refers more to the narrative that always goes with the slightest controversy at Auburn. The dreaded power structure.  The powers that be.  The meddling boosters.  Yella Fella.  During my short drive to work this morning, I heard the question twice.  Who would want to come to Auburn and deal with that dysfunction?  I mean, come on.  We all know that twice in the last year and a half, those evil boosters tried “coup attempts” against Coach Hamrins.  Right?  You remember how they tried to get Kevin Steele in place over Hartinz. (Even though those rumors started long before Harmons name was even mentioned)  The whole sports world saw Yella Fella and his cronies try and overthrow the regime back in February. It’s the way things are done at Auburn. We’re run by a bunch of petulant little 4 year olds who holler and stomp and pout until they get their way. It’s JABA.

A couple of things about the last year and a half.  I can’t imagine anyone actually wanting Kevin Steele as our head coach.  He’s something like 2-87 in his career. But maybe there were some that wanted to see that happen.  Does anyone believe there weren’t powerful people at LSU who had their designs on someone besides Coach Shrek when he was hired?  Do you think the power brokers at Tennessee haven’t attempted to influence decisions over the last decade plus of real coaching dysfunction?  Every school has them.  We don’t always make the best decisions at Auburn, but we’re not unique in that regard.  But ultimately, my question is, if those evil boosters are so powerful, and always meddling in Athletic Department affairs, why isn’t Kevin Steele our head coach?  And why wasn’t Breelan Hartman fired in February?  Funny how despite the same old narrative, the boosters never seem to get their way.

In my mind, it’s a very simple scenario.  College football at this level isn’t big business.  It’s YUUUUGE business, and getting bigger every day.  I don’t care if we hire Deion Sanders or Celine Dion.  If you win, everybody will leave you alone.  Go 6-7 and look like shit doing it, your seat will heat up in a hurry.  There’s no easy solution or quick ending to our current situation, but I have no problem with boosters, power brokers, whatever you want to call them, getting somewhat involved, as long as they have Auburn and the future of this program at heart.  I just know the next few months are going to be a ride, and the outside world will continue to harp on the dysfunctional power dynamic at Auburn and ask, what coach could possibly navigate it.  My answer is, as long as they win, all of them. And they’ll get very rich doing it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Dysfunction Junction
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2022, 10:47:34 AM »
Well, here we go again.  The talk shows and message boards all on fire over who Auburn’s next football coach will be, before the current coach is even fired.  Will Bryman Harvinz be fired mid-season? I have no idea, and no “inside sources” who could, or would give me any insight on that subject. I’m just an average Joe, doing my 8:00 to 5:00 thing. A real ham and egger.  Do I want a change?  Absolutely!  I wanted him gone before he got back to the locker room this past Saturday.  But, I also understand it’s not always that easy. A lot of dynamics, and a lot of money involved. I’ve resigned myself to the fact that I have zero control over any of that, and things will play out the way those who do have control want it to.

The ”Here we go again” refers more to the narrative that always goes with the slightest controversy at Auburn. The dreaded power structure.  The powers that be.  The meddling boosters.  Yella Fella.  During my short drive to work this morning, I heard the question twice.  Who would want to come to Auburn and deal with that dysfunction?  I mean, come on.  We all know that twice in the last year and a half, those evil boosters tried “coup attempts” against Coach Hamrins.  Right?  You remember how they tried to get Kevin Steele in place over Hartinz. (Even though those rumors started long before Harmons name was even mentioned)  The whole sports world saw Yella Fella and his cronies try and overthrow the regime back in February. It’s the way things are done at Auburn. We’re run by a bunch of petulant little 4 year olds who holler and stomp and pout until they get their way. It’s JABA.

A couple of things about the last year and a half.  I can’t imagine anyone actually wanting Kevin Steele as our head coach.  He’s something like 2-87 in his career. But maybe there were some that wanted to see that happen.  Does anyone believe there weren’t powerful people at LSU who had their designs on someone besides Coach Shrek when he was hired?  Do you think the power brokers at Tennessee haven’t attempted to influence decisions over the last decade plus of real coaching dysfunction?  Every school has them.  We don’t always make the best decisions at Auburn, but we’re not unique in that regard.  But ultimately, my question is, if those evil boosters are so powerful, and always meddling in Athletic Department affairs, why isn’t Kevin Steele our head coach?  And why wasn’t Breelan Hartman fired in February?  Funny how despite the same old narrative, the boosters never seem to get their way.

In my mind, it’s a very simple scenario.  College football at this level isn’t big business.  It’s YUUUUGE business, and getting bigger every day.  I don’t care if we hire Deion Sanders or Celine Dion.  If you win, everybody will leave you alone.  Go 6-7 and look like shit doing it, your seat will heat up in a hurry.  There’s no easy solution or quick ending to our current situation, but I have no problem with boosters, power brokers, whatever you want to call them, getting somewhat involved, as long as they have Auburn and the future of this program at heart.  I just know the next few months are going to be a ride, and the outside world will continue to harp on the dysfunctional power dynamic at Auburn and ask, what coach could possibly navigate it.  My answer is, as long as they win, all of them. And they’ll get very rich doing it.
I’ll show them. I’m not going to buy a single Auburn  tee shirt until a change is made.
#HireCoarchPrime
#MoreKoongaBoonga
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2022, 10:51:06 AM »
I’ll show them. I’m not going to buy a single Auburn  tee shirt until a change is made.
#HireCoarchPrime
#MoreKoongaBoonga

#Celine2023
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2022, 11:57:42 AM »
The Boosters or "PTB" aren't nearly involved the way people think they are. But hey, Joe Bob Bradshaw on Bookfacez says he "knowd it bout dem boosters!". There are also a lot of BoT and boosters involved - and most don't even know their names. Rane, Harbert, Lowder are popular boogeymen but Yella Fella did not want Kevin Steele- its one of the few things that Hoke, Tate, Matthews, Nom Nom, Jboy and several others can all agree on. Yella is a more pie in the sky type booster as far as hires. McWhorter is the one most people should be aiming for if were being honest. Hes the "Jay Jacobs, famblee and creed, safe hire" BoT/Booster. Yella seems to take the flack for that faction of the BoT/Boosters though.

February "coup" (snickers) or not - major red flags were present with Harboons way before Feb. Its a long laundry list. I won't post it again - you all know. But K nailed it early on and is still right as rain - the dude was a terrible terrible fit in many ways. He isn't a long hours, hard worker type. He isn't a "recruit night and day" type. He isn't a tough love type. He doesn't endear himself to the Auburn writers or the big money folks with NIL. And worst of all? He doesn't see anything wrong with these aforementioned things. He doesnt believe anything needs to be fixed with them because he truly believes the way he approaches them is right. He was just a bad fit from day 1.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2022, 12:03:13 PM »
I do think the Kevin Steele angle is one much like Chizik....hear me out, not saying I agree just explaining how they see it:

- Familiarity with Auburn and the Sec landscape

- Old fashioned and hard nosed but the players love the guy

- Can recruit like a mfer - no doubt hes one of the best in the land

- The thought that he can succeed at the right place with the right resources/support/nil at the right time. The thought by them is that Auburn may be that place. Much like Chizik in 2009-2011. Despite both of their bad records at places that were considered abysmal at the time.

Although the Rivals mods stated yesterday (Tate and Matthews) that the early checkboxes will include candidates that have the following 3 things, and that they are not negotiable:

1. Proven Program Builder
2. Proven Recruiting Success esp in the Deep South
3. Sec coaching exp in some capacity coaching
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2022, 01:53:08 PM »
#Celine2023

This would be the best possible outcome.  But, if we don't get her, my heart will go on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2022, 02:41:38 PM »
This would be the best possible outcome.  But, if we don't get her, my heart will go on.

I intended to reply with another Celine song title to continue this amusement.  Then I realized she’s never sung anything else of relevance. 

Segue over. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2022, 03:39:00 PM »
I intended to reply with another Celine song title to continue this amusement.  Then I realized she’s never sung anything else of relevance. 

Segue over.
I was hoping for at least a few more posts, but you are correct.  It's all coming back to me now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2022, 04:01:35 PM »
I was hoping for at least a few more posts, but you are correct.  It's all coming back to me now.

Very fitting that I am hopeful that " My heart will go on" from the bottom of the SEC ocean.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'