Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

BBall Season is UPON US!!!!!!!

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: BBall Season is UPON US!!!!!!!
« Reply #200 on: March 02, 2023, 10:01:19 AM »
I think the refereeing overall is crappy.  Last night was no exception, but other than the head scratching debacle with Broome, it was about the norm.  You have to expect some home cooking. Not A&M level cooking, but home cooking just the same. 

But you'll never overcome it if down the stretch, KD Johnson goes 2-6 from the line, and Cardwell shoots an air ball from the stripe.  Auburn was 15-24 in free throws. 62%.  Bama was 24-31 for 77%.  Hit a few more FREE throws, and we're talking about our seed in the tourney this morning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #201 on: March 02, 2023, 11:17:24 AM »
I could not be more proud of the team than after last night.

That’s one of the gutsiest Auburn basketball performances that I can remember.

It could have gone either way.

This season has been disappointing because of a lot of the aforementioned reasons but beating UT at home and some SEC tourney noise would help.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #202 on: March 02, 2023, 02:35:24 PM »
#1 has been my beef with Pearl for years. Granted, I wouldn't trade Lord Bruce for anyone.  But, the reality is, other than some neato-keen out of bounds plays, he has none.  Time after time after time, it's a guard dribbling out the clock up top, and then trying to create something.  Unfortunately, this year we have a 5'9" guard trying to do that most of the time.

I love Bruce but fully admit his Auburn teams are far better teams offensively in transition than traditional half court setups. Which is also predicated off great D.

Walker and Jabari down low last year created: 1 a ton of transition chances 2 more attention in the post away from the guards masking their deficiencies.

Watch the last play in regulation last night with Wendell. 3 red jerseys around him, hes 5'10 - he had no chance of getting a high % shot off. His best chance there was to draw a foul driving the lane like a maniac....that situation he was in just doesn't happen with attention getting big post players around.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 02:39:25 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #203 on: March 02, 2023, 02:51:35 PM »
I love Bruce but fully admit his Auburn teams are far better teams offensively in transition than traditional half court setups. Which is also predicated off great D.

Walker and Jabari down low last year created: 1 a ton of transition chances 2 more attention in the post away from the guards masking their deficiencies.

Watch the last play in regulation last night with Wendell. 3 red jerseys around him, hes 5'10 - he had no chance of getting a high % shot off. His best chance there was to draw a foul driving the lane like a maniac....that situation he was in just doesn't happen with attention getting big post players around.

Couldn't agree more.  That and letting the kid that acted like a thug for the turds continuously driving past us in the paint... That's a prime recipe for losing.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 02:59:47 PM by Snakebite »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #204 on: March 02, 2023, 04:50:20 PM »
Couldn't agree more.  That and letting the kid that acted like a thug for the turds continuously driving past us in the paint... That's a prime recipe for losing.
Back in my playing days (at the student act), if we had a punk like that, He had to pick himself up off the floor until he learned better. We need an enforcer that can come in and administer the hard foul without going overboard. Maybe one of those white boys on the bench.
Ole Quin needed to be knocked down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #205 on: March 02, 2023, 09:13:36 PM »
Fuck those assholes.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #206 on: March 02, 2023, 09:55:06 PM »
Back in my playing days (at the student act), if we had a punk like that, He had to pick himself up off the floor until he learned better. We need an enforcer that can come in and administer the hard foul without going overboard. Maybe one of those white boys on the bench.
Ole Quin needed to be knocked down.

Stretch should be that guy. Seriously.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #207 on: March 03, 2023, 12:35:01 AM »
Stretch should be that guy. Seriously.

When Cardwell went down, I thought he might get a chance. If just to hit someone hard. But he never even moved.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

« Reply #208 on: March 03, 2023, 08:16:23 AM »
When Cardwell went down, I thought he might get a chance. If just to hit someone hard. But he never even moved.

You have a big 6’10 Nigerian on the bench who worships Bruce and would do anything asked. Let the mfer closeline Miller or quinerly and take
An ejection for the team. Fight fire with fire. We were trying to be mister nice guy to a bunch of thugs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #209 on: March 03, 2023, 09:58:36 AM »
My dad has some great stories about growing up in the smallest of small towns, Camp Hill, Alabama.  Like when the two brothers, who were the stars of the football team, didn't show up for school the week of the big game, because their dad said they weren't doing anything until the cotton was harvested.  So, the whole school let out, and got their crop in.

But the enforcer talk reminded me of his story about Shibby Hodges.  Shibby was a big ole strappin' youngun', and probably not quite right in the head.  They had a basketball game against a team that had a guy who was pushing everybody around.  During a time out, the coach told Shibby to go in and "rough the guy up".  It was a jump ball coming out of the time out, so when the ref threw the ball up, Shibby just threw a right cross to the guy's jaw.

Coach said rough him up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #210 on: March 03, 2023, 10:26:55 AM »
My dad has some great stories about growing up in the smallest of small towns, Camp Hill, Alabama.  Like when the two brothers, who were the stars of the football team, didn't show up for school the week of the big game, because their dad said they weren't doing anything until the cotton was harvested.  So, the whole school let out, and got their crop in.

But the enforcer talk reminded me of his story about Shibby Hodges.  Shibby was a big ole strappin' youngun', and probably not quite right in the head.  They had a basketball game against a team that had a guy who was pushing everybody around.  During a time out, the coach told Shibby to go in and "rough the guy up".  It was a jump ball coming out of the time out, so when the ref threw the ball up, Shibby just threw a right cross to the guy's jaw.

Coach said rough him up.

Did Shibby later become known as "Can't Get Right"?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #211 on: March 03, 2023, 11:05:43 AM »
If I'm Pearl, I get Stretch in at some point in the first half with some brass knuckles for Plavsic. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #212 on: March 03, 2023, 11:57:44 AM »
Fuck Alabama. Fuck Oatmeal and the refs. But we blew a 17 point lead. So, fuck that, too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #213 on: March 03, 2023, 12:05:31 PM »
Shibby was a big ole strappin' youngun', and probably not quite right in the head.
I had never heard the story about why your dad called you Shibby.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #214 on: March 03, 2023, 12:30:41 PM »
I had never heard the story about why your dad called you Shibby.

He didn't call me Shib.....wait....you just shut up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #215 on: March 03, 2023, 01:50:34 PM »
He didn't call me Shib.....wait....you just shut up.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #216 on: March 04, 2023, 05:21:08 PM »
It’s still my contention that this is closer to a 24-7 team than where it ended up. 

A couple of obvious foul calls, one less official ass raping at Bama, a shot here or there? 

What happened in Turdscaloosa was inexcusable.  Outrageous.  Worst I’ve ever seen. Yeah maybe we could have hit a few more free throws.  But for 17 straight minutes we were flat out abused.  It changes the way you play. You can’t defend any more with your entire team in foul trouble and breathing in their direction drawing a whistle. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #217 on: March 04, 2023, 05:55:10 PM »
That was a satisfying win.

Apologies to AF, he had a great day.

Smothering defense and quality shot taking is a potent mix.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #218 on: March 04, 2023, 06:13:18 PM »
That was a satisfying win.

Apologies to AF, he had a great day.

Smothering defense and quality shot taking is a potent mix.

We closed a game out against a quality opponent! Best win of the season by far, and came at the right moment. If this momentum is channeled correctly, we could make some real noise in both tournaments.

My wife was excited for the win too. Watched the game start to finish with me. She’s gonna have the best 2 seconds of her life tonight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #219 on: March 07, 2023, 02:35:42 PM »
Improved 3-point shooting is the secret to our success.

/noMJF

https://twitter.com/JFergusonAU/status/1633165700440408064
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.